my R32 vs. 05 Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my R32 vs. 05 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After a long day trying to find a damn apartment downtown, and having an arguement with my gf because i ...

my R32 vs. 05 Mustang GT

After a long day trying to find a damn apartment downtown, and having an arguement with my gf because i went apartment looking with another girl, i was driving back home and in my area i see a red GT mustang pull out of a health club. I let it get to the red light and i pull up behind it. I notice that it is some kids driving it, so i said to myself if they ask for trouble ill give them some. I catch up to light number two and we line up. He points downwards and tells me, wanna go. I look at him and say, sure why not. He starts revving. I hold off till the light goes red on the other traffic just before it goes green for us. Once i notice this, i start revving, but i mess up the launch and get a ****ty launch at probably 3500 rpm with a slight bog. No problem, im neck to neck with him off the line. To about third gear, we are even, and it seemed that i started to pull ever so slightly just before i let off. We get up to the next light and i tell him to do it again. He says why not. This time im ready. There was also this wierd Turbo diesel truck next to us revving or something. We both start revving, i get the tach to about 5500 rpms, and it drops to about 4500 when i launch it. I get an ok launch, even though he got the jump. I get an instant car and a half and up to about 80 mph i was at least 4 cars in front with him still trying. I tell him to come into a walgreens and we start talking. Apparently he thought he was going to beat my... gti (hehe, r32) but then came up with the excuse that my car weighs so much less. I tell him the truth that my car is a fat pig and let him drive my car around and he let me drive his. We then go out to his friends car (who was in the passenger seat) to check out his ride. He just got a 66' GTO with a 455 in it. Mint condition. We took that out for a ride, did 20mph to 75mph in less than a few seconds. It was very fast, and it was wierd feeling the shift points in a 4spd mt. Regardless, it was a fun night, with two wins for me.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill...R32's are sweet, btw how much did you pay for yours?
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

Nice, I'm still waiting to run one.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5spdBlack
    nice kill...R32's are sweet, btw how much did you pay for yours?

Exact0, Mustang GT = better than measily $25k pricetag

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Nice, I'm still waiting to run one.
    what are your mods will?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    what are your mods will?
    As of right now, pretty much stock. I have a ton of parts sitting in my living room. Full exaust, hks intake, 272 cams,fuel pump. One day I put them in
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

yea will, i've tried to get 2 to run me.. with no joy... don't know why i only got a few mods
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Exact0, Mustang GT = better than measily $25k pricetag

You only paid 25k for your R32?!? I'm having trouble interpreting your post lol
    Magnaflow Catback

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdBlack
    You only paid 25k for your R32?!? I'm having trouble interpreting your post lol

What I was saying is that the Mustang GT is an awsome performance value for the $25,000 it costs.

PICS & MODS

Oh ok cool cool I totally agree...too bad it's so hard to find one that's not marked up to hell
    Magnaflow Catback

i got mine for around 30k out the door, with taxes. It was when they first came out. Used, they are still being sold around 28-29,000 now. Its a great deal if ur not looking for just performance, but an all around car. if u want performance, get the evo or sti.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

ha i rode in a r32 like few months fater it came out it was bad ass sounded so mean even stock it was nice i love the inside the seat r really confortable very nice car

Quote Originally Posted by FLYJUM
    ha i rode in a r32 like few months fater it came out it was bad ass sounded so mean even stock it was nice i love the inside the seat r really confortable very nice car

R32's have one of the nicest stock exhaust tones ever. Their interior s are also 10/10... they just need to come with 2 turbos from the factory.

PICS & MODS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.