Pumped a CTS -V
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pumped a CTS -V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Woah what a race.. I have to say the 2 fastest cars I have raced b4 this Cts -V have ...

Pumped a CTS -V

Woah what a race.. I have to say the 2 fastest cars I have raced b4 this Cts -V have been a 2003 E46 M3 smg (had him by 2 cars ) and a 911 Carrera 4 S (2004 had him by 3 cars) all from a roll .. My mods are 2004 sti with Gt spec headers 3" tbe Ecutek and a Hks bov 305 whp..anyways I was on the highway and see these blueish lights coming on pretty quickly so I go into the middle lane hoping it's something worty of racing.. sure enough I see a cadyy.. I look again and see the mesh grille in the front let him pass me abit and see it's a Ctc -V .. I get on it and get right next to him in 4th aprox 75-80 mph... he takes iffa plts sec before me I floor it power shift into 5th and pull 2 cars by 120 mph.. cady didn't want to pull next to me after that.. I have to say that the e46 M3 gave me a better chase than that.. anyways it was a nice kill for me.. 10 min later tha guy drives next to me and gives me a thumbs up ,,cool dude all black with chrome rims.. so far my kiils have been modded 350z/( greddy evo 2 exhaust . pop charher and reflsh of ecu) 2 e46 M3's a 911 carerra 4 s and now this cts-V.. I have had the car modded for less than 2 months and these have been my kills so far ..LOL
    whos next!!
    my 20 G is is going on next month

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run. those certainly are neat cars with the Z06 engine planted in there.. but they look terrible.. I would much prefer the STS-V
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

wow..

They have z06 enegines?
    How did I pul on him like that than ? You sure? I know a z06 would walk me from a roll...

well the current z06 engine, ls2 I believe that makes 400hp. Remember, the vette is alot lighter than the caddy which would expalin the difference in their speeds. I love the cts though. My mom has it, at first I didnt like the design, but it grew on me alot. The new sts is nice too.

They have a 400hp 5.7L LS6 V8 and a 6speed. the Engine and tranny are from a C5 Z06 Corvette.

the CTS-V's run a 4.6 0-60 and a 13.1 1/4mi stock.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 06-22-2005 at 07:17 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

They also trap 108 stock. But anything is possible on the streets. Good kill.

Have you ran your STi yet?

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    They have a 400hp 5.7L LS6 V8 and a 6speed. the Engine and tranny are from a C5 Z06 Corvette.

the CTS-V's run a 4.6 0-60 and a 13.1 1/4mi stock.

Those are the stock numbers on the 04-05 STi arn't they which would explain that victory. Nice job though! Can't wait to mod my STi.
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

He did say it had chrome rims
    Everything happens for a reason

Are you sure it was a V ?....They are pretty fast, I havent encountered one yet but I have been curious. They do trap really high and you should trap around 105-107....If it was nice kill but 2 cars ?....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I am guessing the V didn't down shift, he just caddilac'd it in 6th without the downshift and stayed out of his powerband.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by zigger
    They have z06 enegines?
    How did I pul on him like that than ? You sure? I know a z06 would walk me from a roll...
    yeah. 400hp LS6 from the C5 Z06 corvette.

yes, a Z06 would completely embarass you, but remember that the cadi weighs like 1,000lbs more. They do trap about 107/108mph so the fact that you put 2 cars on him makes me think that he maybe downshifted on gear too high. Granted, you are probably trapping about 107/108mph or so with your mods though. I could def. see it being a good race, especially with you making over 300whp.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nice kills. I can't wait for my car to be finished.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

do u have a wrx or sti? in either case, how'd u get over 300whp w/only a tbe and a tune?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Quote Originally Posted by capt'n'caveman
    do u have a wrx or sti? in either case, how'd u get over 300whp w/only a tbe and a tune?
    I'm usually a pretty nice guy on this forum, but in this case I have to say it.

NOOB !!!!!!!

Don't mind this guy. You should hear the psycho message he left me on my work voice mail after I clowned him hard on SRTforums. You guys might remember him as "Tailspin" aka Colby from before. Remember, the guy who bragged about beating a mustang with his pregnant wife in the car?

Just SPANKED a Modded Mustang Gt..with my pregnant wife in the car..rofl

I got this guy to register on a site I'm a moderator of to verify his IP address and it is the same guy. Talk about a loooooooser.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast