Articles like this make me regret buying my car.... sometimes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Articles like this make me regret buying my car.... sometimes within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah i had this problem with my mustang, you get some young punk with an F body who thinks he's ...

Yeah i had this problem with my mustang, you get some young punk with an F body who thinks he's the sh!t and that you suck. I mean like we've all said every car has it's pro's and it's cons, i just happen to love my STi despite it's drawbacks which so far i've found very few of that really matter to me. And the bit about STi owners admitting that the tires are to small and it handles like crap if they don't have an ego issue...WHAT? Have you seen the potenzas? They're wide as hell and the handling is out of this world (atleast by my standards) now granted i've never driven and SRT-4 But until i do i wouldn't dream of speaking like he did about it. It's just very sophomoric of him to write something like that. I dunno maybe he's won because he's irked me enough to get a reaction out of me. And on that i'm not going to think about him again
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

some things are just better left un said.. but i did read it and alot of that shyt he obviously pulled out of his ass.. typical srt4 owners.. think they own the road and the world to go along with it

Its kinda funny he mentioned the broken wrx gears, a buddy of mine works for Dodge, and told me that broken transmissions are one of the major issue's with SRT-4's coming in . I wont waste my time posting more, i want my time back.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

first stick car driving blues.

who cares? i guess my only reaction would be to explain to him what a "car enthusiast" is.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Talk about uneducated...I am guessing that person is in his teens. If he really wants to make an impression and change someone else's mind, that fool needs to learn how to type/speak/spell correctly.

I wasted 15 minutes reading eight pages drama. What with the phony users at his site, stealing members, phony turbo sounds... he's a real fruitcake.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Idiot!!!

See, because of dumb azz people like this SRT guy, it makes us cool SRT-4 owners look bad So for those that read his mess, don't judge all SRT owners to be like him. So that said, Eff that Foo
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    That's hilarious!!! What a MORAN!!
    Someone should take the Internets off his computOR.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Internets
    LOL I I know where you got that from! BTW no reason for anyone to get their blood boiling over his comments, he's obviously speaking out of his ass.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Yeah, I didn't post this thread to piss anyone off. I just thought that it was an interesting read for any of the WRX/STi owners!!! It seems like typical misinformation by people that have never even driven the car they are talking about. My take on the article was--

I think the tires are the same size on the WRX and the SRT-4.

I feel much safer driving in wet conditions in the WRX than my SRT.

Burnouts aren''t all that. If you like the spend money on performance tires, sure, they are sweet!!!

The turbo lag is kind of crappy, but it has a 7000 RPM redline to go with it. It will easily take Civics from a roll, and especially off the line.

The 4th and 5th gear power is ok. The clutch pedal is much lighter on the WRX and the shifting is shorter.

I think the exhaust note is very unique. It's easy to tell when a boxer engine with exhaust is driving by unlike Hondas, Eclipses, etc. Road noise is definitely comparable between the two cars,

The upgraded sound system in the WRX sounds nice. Very good amount of Mids and Highs, the lows are a bit weak though.

The styling is all opinion, the wings I think are appropriate and I personally like the paint on WRX's.

I am an SRT-4 owner and enthusiast, so everything above is just my view in comparison. I get to drive the WRX more frequently than most SRT drivers, so I think I have some right to give an unbiased opinion. I have not yet had the privelage to drive an STi yet, but my brother should be trading his WRX in for one soon.... I'm stoked. Every car has their pros and cons and as long as your happy with your car, it really doesn't matter what anyone has to say about it. Just my $ .02
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I don't think anyone is upset with you at all. To me, it was funny to see such an a-hat think he was cool trying to stir up $**t. It has nothing to do with any SRT4 vs. WRX battle at all. Every car has its faults. What separates a lot of us from the rest of the pack is that we are true enthusiasts and love/respect all cars. This is the only forum I know of that will readily put other cars ahead of our own and give credit where credit is due.

In related news, the same punk tried posting a link to his article in Exterior in Appearance. Thread got locked and he got banned. haha.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar
    By us ranting abt this guys article, he gets what he wants. And there are ppl like that with any car that has a following. When i read the article the ignorance amazed me, but then reading the responces by the SRT crowd made me relize he for the most part stands alone.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

Yeah I wasn't saying that you get us angry becasue most of the people on here drive the car and becasue some dipsh*t talks smack just makes him look really dumb. I think every one knows it and he realized that as well becasue he said that he posted that comment just to get people talking when he saw the responses he was getting. He doens't appear to be too bright. Anyhow, he did made a total valid point about the tires but other then that nothing else. Especially the power and how off the line the car can't beat a Civic....zero to 60 I personally masured at 5.8 sec with a mild 4k launch just like adevertized, and I have a heavier wagon. At stg 1 plus a short throw shifter, I got the time down to 5.4 so....enough said. So he or his friend needs to learn to drive the car before he starts bashing on it. This is exaclty what I was thinking when I read his statement, upgraded tires and the car starts to really handle, the power we all know what the car is capable out of the factory. He needed to make a better research on the car before slapping some false statements together that he got off of MSN, LOL, if he was writing a research paper he would have gotten an F. I guess that's why he didn't make it through HS, and it really shows.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

The lame@ss who even wrote that decided to write it here and join our forums wrx sure are good cars

flippen douche bag
    Mods:
    -De-badged
    -Helix Uppipe
    -Bosal Downpipe
    -HKS Hi Power Cat Back exhaust
    -Blitz Dual TT DCII
    -STi Replica Front Strut Bar
    -STi Replica Rear Strut Bar
    -Blitz Dual EBC Spec S
    -Utec

It's scientific fact...round house kicks are primarily made of a substance known as chucktanium.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast