New C6 Corvette... but a ricer !!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New C6 Corvette... but a ricer !!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ScoobVee Damn all that money, just wait till a pullied Shelby keeps up w/ your TT C6 ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Damn all that money, just wait till a pullied Shelby keeps up w/ your TT C6
    I just heard Chevy power built a stock block TT C6 that dynoed at 890 rwhp...

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    TT vette...good luck w/sponsorship...it will cost a **** load of $$ to do that...

There is a complete Garett kit for ~ $7500... I spent that on my WRX for 332 WHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Now with the employee discount they will be even easier to obtain.

Slick, that discount does not include the Vette, and probably never will. All the dealers here in southern CT get about 1 vette every 6-12 weeks, and if you want a specific order there is a wait just as long, ...so it looks like GM is not needing to blow them out...

Guys, I am planning on pulling the motor this winter for a total build up. My guess is that with a few connections it will cost me ~ $10k... I don't think the turbo setup will cost any more than $7- 8k if I do it right. Similar C5's are putting down close to 1000 rwhp and 1000+ tq. I just think it's smart to spend the extra $$$ up front to build a bulletproof motor, rather than worry 24/7 and have to replace 2 or 3 of them down the road.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW

Guys, I am planning on pulling the motor this winter for a total build up. My guess is that with a few connections it will cost me ~ $10k... I don't think the turbo setup will cost any more than $7- 8k if I do it right. Similar C5's are putting down close to 1000 rwhp and 1000+ tq. I just think it's smart to spend the extra $$$ up front to build a bulletproof motor, rather than worry 24/7 and have to replace 2 or 3 of them down the road.

how will the tranny like that amount of power?
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

No employee discount (for the general population) for the Vette!
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

Slick, that discount does not include the Vette, and probably never will. All the dealers here in southern CT get about 1 vette every 6-12 weeks, and if you want a specific order there is a wait just as long, ...so it looks like GM is not needing to blow them out...
    jsut to confirm something like this, i used to sell chevys. did you know that corvette orders are placed by the dealer at the beginning of the year?

its not like other cars where they get what they get or a large variety. also the amount of cars that dealer sells as a whole determines the amount of corvettes they receive a year.

for example, maybe they sell 1k cars and so therefore can sell 3 vettes a fiscal year.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    jsut to confirm something like this, i used to sell chevys. did you know that corvette orders are placed by the dealer at the beginning of the year?

its not like other cars where they get what they get or a large variety. also the amount of cars that dealer sells as a whole determines the amount of corvettes they receive a year.

for example, maybe they sell 1k cars and so therefore can sell 3 vettes a fiscal year.

I have been in the car business (sales) for the past five years and presently work for a Chevy dealership...

Yes, the allocation depends on sales performance. But dealers can also change their allocation. For example, I know I am getting a car in, in about two months, with no nav. I have a customer who wants nav... I can switch for one with it.

Also, if a customer comes in and wants a red 6 speed coupe with 1SB, Onstar, Nav, Z51, and polished wheels, and I don't have the exact match in my inventory/ allocation (1 in a 1000) , I have to order it for him... takes 6-8 weeks...

PICS & MODS

I have been in the car business (sales) for the past five years and presently work for a Chevy dealership...

I thought you quit?
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    I thought you quit?

Had a few pending deals I need to wrap up... after this month I will officially be out of the car business for good!

PICS & MODS

Pimpin, I tried to get someone in an older vette to play tonight and they didn't want to

Vettes usually dont race...they think their superior....

Well...their not...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Doesn't everyone think they're superior?
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Even though I am to most cars..I dont endulge in that attitude.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.