Question on outcome STi vs. S4 vs. C5/C6 vette?

This is a discussion on Question on outcome STi vs. S4 vs. C5/C6 vette? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, how would a stock STi on 94 do against a flashed ECU 2000 Audi S4 2.7 Auto ? How ...

Question on outcome STi vs. S4 vs. C5/C6 vette?

Ok, how would a stock STi on 94 do against a flashed ECU 2000 Audi S4 2.7 Auto ? How close would the Audi be to the STi from a roll? I ask as some young dude thinks his Gangster S4 is the quickness. He also thinks he will school an well maintained E36 M3 too...I say the M3 takes him.

What would be needed to stay with a C5 and then a C6? Say a 20-100 ish run in perfect vette conditions? How much quicker is the 6spd compared to the auto?

Would Cobb stg 2 STi be a drivers races with a C5? Would the C6 walk slowly away? Am I correct with that logic?

Any accounts w/ experience would be great in this arm chair racing. thanks. j
    Last edited by Ponyboy; 06-19-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    05' WRB WRX STi
    former 03' Bugeye owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will beat the S4, even though it's chipped, it will see about 20-30whp, and they are pigs. A Stock WRX will keep up with a stock S4, with the S4 pulling away the faster they go, so its hard to imagine a close to stock S4 even keeping up with a stock STi.

For a C5 vette, if you go from a dig, it should be close, but as the speeds get higher, they're pull away. Don't even bother from a roll, as they are much more aerodynamic, and the whp advantage goes right to the vette. At lower speeds it will be closer, but over 60, don't bother unless you have mods. With a C6, you'll need a bigger turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    You will beat the S4, even though it's chipped, it will see about 20-30whp, and they are pigs. A Stock WRX will keep up with a stock S4, with the S4 pulling away the faster they go, so its hard to imagine a close to stock S4 even keeping up with a stock STi.
    WAY wrong.. Chipped they get 60hp and over 100tq if you get th right chip. Also a stock WRX will NOT stay with a S4. My stage 2 barely walked one from 80 up. I need to downshift to 3rd to do it.

I think the STi vs chipped S4 will be a good race.

Not sure about the Vettes..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    WAY wrong.. Chipped they get 60hp and over 100tq if you get th right chip. Also a stock WRX will NOT stay with a S4. My stage 2 barely walked one from 80 up. I need to downshift to 3rd to do it.

I think the STi vs chipped S4 will be a good race.

Not sure about the Vettes..

I would have to beg to differ on the Stock WRX vs S4. I kept up with multiple S4s bi-turbos no problem when i was stock. I even walked one from a 20mph roll up to about 90 with my stage 2.

Probably different with a newer model. I have yet to meet one on the road.

He said bi-turbo S4 which is the 2.7L. Those S4's trap a little higher than a WRX.
    As for a chip giving 60whp? That might be on the V8 S4's, but I've never personally seen that high for the bi-turbo, most I've seen are in the 20-30whp range. That's the only dyno I could find with an S4 that was chipped. Keep in mind however, that's on a dyno dynamics, which is known to be a heart breaker. I'm not refuting your claims, but I'm just skeptical.

http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...raph_00_S4.htm

drivers race stock vs. stock. B5 S4 isn't as fast as the B6 S4. An sti would walk all over the auto S4 and an wrx should be able to keep up if not pull on a B5 S4. My friend has a modded S4 and the best time he's got is a 14 flat, and it's a 6 spd.
    Catch Me If You Can

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    He said bi-turbo S4 which is the 2.7L. Those S4's trap a little higher than a WRX.
    As for a chip giving 60whp? That might be on the V8 S4's, but I've never personally seen that high for the bi-turbo, most I've seen are in the 20-30whp range. That's the only dyno I could find with an S4 that was chipped. Keep in mind however, that's on a dyno dynamics, which is known to be a heart breaker. I'm not refuting your claims, but I'm just skeptical.

http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...raph_00_S4.htm
    My WRX with a unichip made almost the exact same #'s with a full turboback exhaust and intercooler hoses on Shiv's Dyno Dynamics dyno.

Shiv From Vishnu Tunes My Unichip!

So I guess 188whp on a Dyno Dynamics equals around 220whp on a Dynojet.

I agree that a stock WRX can handle the S4 bi-turbos with chips. Two of my friends, who happen to be roommates, both have S4s. Both are 'chipped' and have suspensions, one has an exhaust and we all three raced. I walked both with the blue one (with the exhaust) pulling on the silver one. I was thrilled! As far as interior goes, though, don't even try to compare any WRX or STI to any S4. The Audi wins the battle of comfort any day. They are such nice cars.