I'm quite sure that tonight was my last race....
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100

This is a discussion on I'm quite sure that tonight was my last race.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving home from the grocery, a white mustang gt pulls alongside. I believe it was a 2003. Really low hood ...

  1. #1
    Registered User rickyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Metairie, Louisiana
    Posts
    397

    I'm quite sure that tonight was my last race....

    Driving home from the grocery, a white mustang gt pulls alongside. I believe it was a 2003. Really low hood scoop, no gt emblem on the side. the guy guns it a few times and I do the same. then he starts talking. "I 'm not gonna waste my gas on that piece of crap" "You don't have a chance" "You're lucky my wife is in the car cuz she doesn't want to race" "Don't F@#k with me" By this time we had come to a stoplight. It turns green, he guns it, I bog the launch. when I hit second gear, I had pulled right alongside of him, and I blew the shift to third. He pulled about half a car. By the time I finally got it into third, I reeled him in and then shut down. Crappy launch and a blown shift...anyway, I pulled alongside of him and intended to give him a thumbs up and then he drops the bomb on me....He is holding a badge out of the window of the car saying "pull over as***le" I'm thinking, I just got owned. I pull over and he jumps out of the car saying" I told you not to f*** with me" Do you think you won? I figured I better go along. I told him No, I lost. He says "I told you, I don't even have any parts on my car right now. My chip is out and everything. So tell me again, do you think you beat me? I tell him no, I didn't win. I honestly thought you were just playing with me" His wife is yelling for him to get back into the car. He then says" everything is cool, watch who you race next time" and shakes my hand.


    Very weird. I thought the guy was gonna pistol whip me or something. Anyway, he definately made me not want to race anymore.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    haha you could have said "win, lose? what are you talking about? I was just trying to get a better look at your car."
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  4. #3
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    isnt that some level of entrapment?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  5. #4
    Registered User KoreanBeefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    spanaway, WA
    Posts
    2,996
    i wouldnt have pulled over unless i saw some lights along with it.

    that is rediculous in my opinion. why get so hyped up over something?

  6. #5
    Registered User junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    G-burg MD
    Posts
    22
    i am not one to go against the law-dog or anything but i agree I wouldnt of pulled over without lights too. I know someone that used to work for my company that was "playing" like he was national security wiht a fake ass badge and everything. He was a complete duche bag. As a matter of fact he drove a mustang as well............. hmmm. Was he a hispanic guy by chance???????
    He who dies with the most toys, Wins!!

  7. #6
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,899
    Agreed, I could give a **** about people holding badges out their windows.

    Firefighters, pinkerton security. . . just about everyone gives their employees badges in the security force. You should have called it in

    "there's someone ****ing with me on the road trying to race me, they're screaming etc... and he held a badge up to me while we were driving"


    Quote Originally Posted by KoreanBeefcake
    i wouldnt have pulled over unless i saw some lights along with it.

    that is rediculous in my opinion. why get so hyped up over something?

  8. #7
    Registered User rickyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Metairie, Louisiana
    Posts
    397
    Not hispanic. Just your average musclebound white guy. He kept yelling "I told you not to mess with me" see what you made me do. What was weird was he kept asking me If I thought I beat him. Of course I said no.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    64
    Why did you even pull over ? I would not have stopped with some guy waving a badge at me...I would ahve dropped the hammer.

    I done it once before and I would do it again.

    just a thought
    05' WRB WRX STi
    former 03' Bugeye owner

  10. #9
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    if you dont see lights... You dont have to pull over.

    If anything call the police from your cell phone and say "that is a guy trying to pull me over but only flashing a badge out the window.... I am not pulling over until you send a marked squad car here (name your location)"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  11. #10
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am not pulling over until you send a marked squad car here (name your location)"
    and if it really was a cop, you're pretty much screwed and will get a ticket for exhibition of speed, and engaging in a speed contest.

  12. #11
    Registered User rickyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Metairie, Louisiana
    Posts
    397
    I think he was upset because he didn't roast me like he thought he was. Hmmm. maybe it is a good thing that I bogged the launch and missed a shift. If I would have walked him like I should, he would have really been pissed. Either way, that's it for me.

  13. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    IMO you shouldnt have stopped either for your own safety. I highly doubt many real cops are willing to jump out of there car and toss a badge up to show off (Not to mention the risk if that person makes a complaint) It's a very shady situation all around, but if I had to guess I'm saying he's some over eager mall security that was showing off.


    It's not a good idea to stop without atleast a uniform on, as many less desricpt police cars will almost always ask for a mark unit to accompany them on a traffic stop.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  14. #13
    Registered User TheReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    511
    Yeah man even unmarked cop cars will have lights (red and blue) mounted on the inside. But lets assume he was a cop for a second, I do believe by him talking shiat to you and then pretty much instigating the race with you that is entrapment but I do really highly doubt it was a cop and you could have asked to see his badge because they have to show you their badge and in order to give you a ticket for anything they have to have evidence of it and thats why they have cameras mounted in the car now.

    Say even if you get stopped for speeding, if you ask to see the radar gun they have to show it to you and if they don't then they can't give you a ticket. Also if you ask to see the radar gun and they say "I didn't clock you but I could tell you were exceeding the speed limit" then they can't give you a ticket in that situation either because they have to have prooof of the speeding. A CHP officer told me all this stuff I could do when pulled over that the officer has to comply with and if he chooses not to comply then he can't give me a ticket or anything and you also can't get in any trouble for asking any of those questions either.

    Oh yeah and also if this ever happens to you or anyone again (being pulled over by a guy just flashing a badge) take down the plate # of the car and call it in or go to the station and ask if an officer owns and drives this car and if they ask why tell them what happened, if it turns out this guy isn't a cop he could be in some really deep do do for impersinating(sp?) an officer of the law and I am not to sure but he could do some time for it.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 06-20-2005 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Added text
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

  15. #14
    Registered User WrxRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    418
    Its not that you wont wanna race again....its that you wont wanna pull over by some tard in a mustang gt. Now thats just stupid....your lucky you didnt get knifed

  16. #15
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,899
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Yeah man even unmarked cop cars will have lights (red and blue) mounted on the inside. But lets assume he was a cop for a second, I do believe by him talking shiat to you and then pretty much instigating the race with you that is entrapment but I do really highly doubt it was a cop and you could have asked to see his badge because they have to show you their badge and in order to give you a ticket for anything they have to have evidence of it and thats why they have cameras mounted in the car now.

    Say even if you get stopped for speeding, if you ask to see the radar gun they have to show it to you and if they don't then they can't give you a ticket. Also if you ask to see the radar gun and they say "I didn't clock you but I could tell you were exceeding the speed limit" then they can't give you a ticket in that situation either because they have to have prooof of the speeding. A CHP officer told me all this stuff I could do when pulled over that the officer has to comply with and if he chooses not to comply then he can't give me a ticket or anything and you also can't get in any trouble for asking any of those questions either.

    Oh yeah and also if this ever happens to you or anyone again (being pulled over by a guy just flashing a badge) take down the plate # of the car and call it in or go to the station and ask if an officer owns and drives this car and if they ask why tell them what happened, if it turns out this guy isn't a cop he could be in some really deep do do for impersinating(sp?) an officer of the law and I am not to sure but he could do some time for it.

    While it may vary from state to state, I know in illinois they don't actually have to show you the radar gun and they can give you a ticket based off observing your speed. I got clocked in february going quite a bit over the limit, I asked to see the gun was denied and called my roommate at that time who is a police officer in the town I was pulled over in to verify if the cop could do that or not.


    Either way, be glad that situation didn't escalate to something worse. Seems like the guy was a real hothead.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •