I'm quite sure that tonight was my last race.... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm quite sure that tonight was my last race.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TheReaper Yeah I believe it is only like that in LA because this was one of the ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Yeah I believe it is only like that in LA because this was one of the things on one of the pages you postededed. Captain Greg Meyer, of the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division, called the crushing "a dramatic reminder of what can happen if you get caught street racing in the streets of Los Angeles."

I didn't think laws would be so different from area to area within the U.S. but now I see it is because of what happened when Brian asked to see the radar gun and because of the crushing of the car thing in LA. I think they should keep the laws the same every where because there would be a lot less confusion about things such as having no cats or all 3 cats in your exhaust.
    neither local police or CHP use laser/radar/lidar in Southern California. I may be wrong, but I think there was a law passed prohibiting them, or too many people were getting off or something. For whatever reason, they don't use them. In L.A. you only get speeding tickets by "eyewitness report". That means the cop either paced you, or timed you between 2 points of a known distance...or some other direct observation method. Their conviction rate is almost 100% even when the ticket goes to court, so whatever they're doing, its pretty airtight. I have a radar/laser detector, but I don't think its ever even BEEN in my WRX since I bought it in late 01. There's just no point.

The one time it actually WORKED was when I went to Yosemite one year, it picked up a Park Ranger in a 20-year-old cruiser using an obsolete always-on Ka band radar gun on a dirt road that you'd have to be retarded to go more than 20 MPH on.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    A cop CAN pull you over by just showing you a badge. If you ran, and he wanted to screw you, you'd be in jail now on fellony evading. A cop has 100% police powers all the time. That means an off-duty cop driving his own car can pull you over and tickekt you.
    Man, your smoking something good hah..... Lay off the crack! An off duty cop cant do anything to you, all he can do is call it in to the dispatcher as anyone(it's called 911). Don't put up false information. Original thread person, next time do not pull over if someone waives some dumb badge at you. An off duty cop CANNOT impersonate a cop when he is off duty. That is the rule.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

i wouldnt of stopped and if he tried to screw me over i would of just said i was scared and didnt think he was a real cop. Its just a badge, you'll race again. You just got scared by some idiot. I wish it was me, i would of smoked his a$$ than if he stopped i would of stopped next to him let him get out of his car and launch, good luck catching me after that. anyway its retarded, i dont think he was a real cop, just a pissed off loser.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GREDDY
    Man, your smoking something good hah..... Lay off the crack! An off duty cop cant do anything to you, all he can do is call it in to the dispatcher as anyone(it's called 911). Don't put up false information. Original thread person, next time do not pull over if someone waives some dumb badge at you. An off duty cop CANNOT impersonate a cop when he is off duty. That is the rule.

well I'm sure you know better than someone who's actually been through the process and has friends who are LAPD officers. You just go ahead and insult people who know better, that seems to work quite well for ya.

...and police officers don't have a special number to call for more immediate response than 911...

I hope for your sake that an off duty cop never gets the opportunity to prove you wrong.

maybe not in YOUR state, but in CA a cop is a cop 24/7
    go f*** yourself

well I'm sure you know better than someone who's actually been through the process and has friends who are LAPD officers. You just go ahead and insult people who know better, that seems to work quite well for ya.

...and police officers don't have a special number to call for more immediate response than 911...

I hope for your sake that an off duty cop never gets the opportunity to prove you wrong.

I would assume power of arrest doesn't end at the end of your shift. . . perhaps at the edge of your jurisdiction.

I called the police today. I asked them if a person has to pull over if someone is waving a badge out of an unmarked car, or even if they have a blue strobe light. They said absolutely not. The only time to pull over is when a uniformed officer in a police car signals to pull over. under any other situation, do not stop or go to the nearest police station.

I looked at my remote switch for my utec today. it was on map 2, which was my low boost(17 psi ) map. I wish I would have noticed that. My high boost map(20 psi) would have smoked him so bad he wouldn't have been able to catch up to me to flash a badge.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I would assume power of arrest doesn't end at the end of your shift. . . perhaps at the edge of your jurisdiction.
    I think in MOST cases you're right, but in CA, a sworn officer has power anywhere in the state. Again, its generally hammered that its NOT a good idea to ever use those powers when not on duty...and in fact most of the time its considered stupid to try...but they're there. Welcome to the People's Republic of California, have some medicinal pot...it'll help you deal.
    go f*** yourself

J-H
    The guy sounded like that guy in "Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo", you know the cop one, that keeps pulling his pants down asking if his weiner is big enough....LOL
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

You should have said you were at quarter throttle
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I think in MOST cases you're right, but in CA, a sworn officer has power anywhere in the state. Again, its generally hammered that its NOT a good idea to ever use those powers when not on duty...and in fact most of the time its considered stupid to try...but they're there. Welcome to the People's Republic of California, have some medicinal pot...it'll help you deal.

If this were true then they wouldn't have had a problem with Axle Foley doing his thang in Beverly Hills Cop!

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj
    If this were true then they wouldn't have had a problem with Axle Foley doing his thang in Beverly Hills Cop!
    he only got in trouble because Judge Reinhold wasn't wearing that leather trench coat at the time.
    go f*** yourself

Well I'll chime in...... I am no COP but I am a Systems Engineer for 911. I am the guy that watches and fixes all 911 networking within the US. I work with Cops everyday, I talk to 911 dispatchers everyday and scenerios. I work directly with all your phone companies. I know the rules 1st hand buddy. And you my friend are a liar!
    2003 Evolution 8
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.

I'm not talking about "911"...i'm talking about a phone number that exists at least in the So. Cal. area.

Maybe its like "Club 33". You hear rumors about it, and some of them are true...but most people can't tell you how much is true, or if the place really exists...

but hey, its the internet, my second-hand information is every bit as good as everyone else's. I'll ask my LAPD buddy if he's blowing smoke up my ass next time I see him. I KNEW there was a reason I decided not to join. I thought it was just the money.

-edit-

I just did a quick Google search and in CO, you are 100% corect. but not in CA.
    Last edited by blarg; 06-21-2005 at 04:01 PM.
    go f*** yourself

Different states, different rules. . . . .

I don't just MOD CO, US as a whole. Never heard in any state that a COP is still a COP when not on duty. Even in CA, never heard a COP in his personal car pull anyone over and flash his badge to use authority and get away with it. When I get a chance to speak to a COP in CA, I'll ask.....
    2003 Evolution 8
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.