WRX Cobb Stage 2 vs. Evo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Cobb Stage 2 vs. Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I`m typing this, still in exctacy from this race. Ok, the Evo leaves the stoplight and doesnt launch. So ...

WRX Cobb Stage 2 vs. Evo modified

As I`m typing this, still in exctacy from this race. Ok, the Evo leaves the stoplight and doesnt launch. So im thinking he doesnt wanna go but was i wrong. As soon as were doing 20 mph he goes hard on it so im going for it WOT. Im going head to head with this guy in the first short race (5 secs). The second light neither launches and we push it again with more distance this time. He has me by a car and pulling on me. He tells me to pull over and we both check out the cars. Well, this guy had a GT30,catless,bigger FMIC, AEM ams, about 25 psi with methanol, Tial external wg. He was stunned that I was only running ~16 psi.on stock turbo. He didnt believe me so I opened the hood and showed him. This has got to be my first big race ever since I got my 03 2 yrs ago. I know that in the highway he would have gave me buslengths with the advantage of the big turbo. Call it BS or whatever but even this guy was stunned. We only went to 3rd gear cause of no room(lights). I believe I have a freak in my hands. The weather was also nice ~55-60. I feel like a new man.
    Last edited by AlboWRX; 06-18-2005 at 04:29 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AlboWRX
    As I`m typing this, still in exctacy from this race. Ok, the Evo leaves the stoplight and doesnt launch. So im thinking he doesnt wanna go but was i wrong. As soon as were doing 20 mph he goes hard on it so im going for it WOT. Im going head to head with this guy in the first short race (5 secs). The second light neither launches and we push it again with more distance this time. He has me by a car and pulling on me. He tells me to pull over and we both check out the cars. Well, this guy had a GT30,catless,bigger FMIC, AEM ams, about 25 psi with methanol, Tial external wg. He was stunned that I was only running ~16 psi. He didnt believe me so I opened the hood and showed him. This has got to be my first big race ever since I got my 03 2 yrs ago. I know that in the highway he would have gave me buslengths with the advantage of the big turbo. Call it BS or whatever but even this guy was stunned. We only went to 3rd gear cause of no room(lights). I believe I have a freak in my hands. The weather was also nice ~55-60. I feel like a new man.
    I believe ya bro! The EVO wasn't at its full potential only pushing 16psi. If he would have been pushing higher, you would have been creamed. Sweet encounter!
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    I believe ya bro! The EVO wasn't at its full potential only pushing 16psi. If he would have been pushing higher, you would have been creamed. Sweet encounter!
    No, he said he was running 25 psi and i 16 psi. Im just outta words. He did said that he tunes it himself and he did have a laptop in his car and wideband a/f thingie. We were both stunned, well me more. He also told me he had finished racing a GT2 about an hour before he raced me and I would think that the Evo got tired . He did admit that he lost to it, both strret and highway. Its funny cause I was driving about an hour looking for someone to race and about 2 mls before I hit home I see this evo behind me. I guess theres a guy upstairs listening to us.
    Last edited by AlboWRX; 06-18-2005 at 04:41 AM.

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar
    Thats ausome man. Im a fan of the EVO, and he had some heavy mod's, def a time to be pumped.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

Dude didn't know what he was doing, that's why he was so slow.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

That Evo should be much faster than a stage 2 rex
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Maybe he didnt know how to drive it but it had so many mods that he would have smoked me so bad no matter what the conditions were. The only thing that is is when he told he tunes it himself. Now, I dont know but if you tune it yourself you have to know something about tuning. Maybe he had a bad leak and he doesnt know about it. Tell you the truth dont care much if he did. Now I wanna upgrade to a VF30 and have Jorge tune it since he`s a local. Now him I can trust my car too.

Quote Originally Posted by GREDDY
    Dude didn't know what he was doing, that's why he was so slow.
    Since you`re an EVO guy how much hp is that setup taking in consideration that it was tuned good.

Quote Originally Posted by AlboWRX
    Since you`re an EVO guy how much hp is that setup taking in consideration that it was tuned good.
    450-500AWHP easy.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

yea like i said, he probably had something going wrong and he didnt know about it. I would be mad though if i spend all that money with the performance that he had. He probably thought that my car was an SRT 4 in WRX clothes cause we all know that those cars are monsters stock.

VR4
    Well, this guy had a GT30,catless,bigger FMIC, AEM ams, about 25 psi with methanol, Tial external wg.
    vs

I was only running ~16 psi.on stock turbo
    you're lucky to still be with us
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

With just a cobb stage 2? yea he probably did not know how to drive, cause with a stage 2 your runnin with the same power as a stock evo(maybe)

http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-s.html#stage2

No offense to anyone, but facts are facts
    Last edited by 05EVOL_STI; 06-21-2005 at 01:21 PM.
    My brother got the EVO......I got the STI

MODS:
    APS cold air intake
    APS 3" TBE catless
    APS FMIC APS BOV

Quote Originally Posted by 05EVOL_STI
    With just a cobb stage 2? yea he probably did not know how to drive, cause with a stage 2 your runnin with the same power as a stock evo(maybe)

http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-s.html#stage2

No offense to anyone, but facts are facts
    No offense to you either but if you werent there than you werent there. And I did say that dont really give a rats ass what you think. GOT IT. Theres always gonna be haters. A stage 2 would smoke an Evo. Read in this forum more. I havent gotten the chance to go head to head with a stock evo but i know ill whoop on it. The guys complaint was that I had the smaller stock turbo which makes me a bit faster in spool-up. And in no way did I say that I beat this guy. I was just amazed that he didnt beat me by more.
    Last edited by AlboWRX; 06-21-2005 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VR4
    vs

you're lucky to still be with us

sounds like the EVO guy had some sort of issue with his car. Either that, or he was just toying with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.