Sti Vs Mach 1and a F 355!

This is a discussion on Sti Vs Mach 1and a F 355! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; God I have not posted in a long time, must be old age. Anywho besides now owning the Sti and ...

Sti Vs Mach 1and a F 355!

God I have not posted in a long time, must be old age. Anywho besides now owning the Sti and G35 I have added a 94 legacy to the stable. I use the legacy most of the time and drive my other cars once every 2 weeks. Today was beautiful in NY so pulled out the Rex. So I leave work in Port Washington with my friend heading West to Queens on the service road, low and behold a yellow Mach 1. My friend being the ass that he is smiles at the guy as he's next to us then laughs. I am like dude don't instigate, he shrugs like "who me?" Next thing you know we hit it and I drive very very conservative, no power shifting or launching. It was so funny we were doing like 30 then punch me starting in 3rd and this guy was really ripping it. He could not pull away and everytime I decided to press harder I would start pulling away. Since it was with light to moderate traffic I saw no point in ripping him just keep him in check. He tried like 5 more times to pull on me no luck. All the while I am shifting between 4-4800 rpm, while looking over at the guy amused and the idiot next to me laughing. I forgot to ask the stang guy what gear he was starting in or shifting rpm, but you could hear him ripping his motor.
    The kid was young and the Stang was yellow, nice guy and he mention he wanted a Sti but got the Mach for like 8 k cheaper. I told him I was modded but he might be thinking he kept up since I did not mention taking it easy. LOL on to the next run, a few weeks back again leaving work on a Friday my friend makes me chase down a F 355. We manage to line up at a 25 roll with me starting in 2nd and shortshifting to 3rd up a hill, I pulled 5 lengths easy and let off at about 60. You could hear the Ferrari's motor ripping, lol the driver tells me when he gets next to me "damm you ate me up!" All I could do was smile and say I am modded, as my friend is chuckling. A minute later a commercial van pulls up next to us and guy says "Holy F$#%W you kicked his ass. We broke out laughing, all in all a good run. >Mods : Ecutek, dp, cat delete, walbro, typhoon. With the dp and tuning made 280 plus awhp and 293 plus torque...no idea what power is at with the new mods? OH I weigh in at 230 lbs my friend in the car both times 215lbs.
    Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 06-17-2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"