I'm a Disgrace!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm a Disgrace! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I picked up my buddy cuz his car died, and on the way to his house a loud (exhaust ...

Unhappy I'm a Disgrace!

So I picked up my buddy cuz his car died, and on the way to his house a loud (exhaust modded ) SN95 Mustang rolls up wanting to race. So we get some clear road, from a 30mph roll, I put it in 3rd (cuz it just turned 1000 miles, and I don't know any better) and we hit it. He pulled about 1/2 a car length on me and was pulling me very slightly, until I quit at 50. My buddy weighs about 215 and the other guy had two chicks in the car that probably weighed 100 pounds each (why not me? ).

I guess I didn't do too bad for a half hearted attempt, but now he's gonna spout how he killed this WRX...

I actually LOVE Mustangs though. My dream (attainable) play car is a 91-93 5.0 LX Coupe with a supercharged 351. I guess that would make it a 5.8 LX, no?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ehh. Shoulda raced him from a dig. And if you were going 30 you could have easily dropped down to 2nd and you would have probably pulled cars on him.

Hell if you really wanted to get him 30's still in 1st (although not much of it) lol...

2nd would have been best though, and let him run his mouth all he wants, if you ever see him again then ask him to go for $50 or something and go from a stop.....that will shut him up...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Hell if you really wanted to get him 30's still in 1st (although not much of it) lol...

2nd would have been best though, and let him run his mouth all he wants, if you ever see him again then ask him to go for $50 or something and go from a stop.....that will shut him up...

Yeah. Well if you are rolling, then going into 1st would be a huge nono. But I agree, you can be in 1st going 30 but youd be outta the gear in no time at all. And I would have to agree. Put some money on it next time. Youd kill him from a stop. And still probably win by a few from second at 30.

Yeah, I didn't think of putting it in second until afterwards. I'm still a big ***** with this thing. I probably would've killed him then. Ricght in front of his little chicky's

Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Yeah, I didn't think of putting it in second until afterwards. I'm still a big ***** with this thing. I probably would've killed him then. Ricght in front of his little chicky's
    Thats a good feeling. Puttin some a$$ to shame in front of his girl/friends.

dang, now for a ihi turbo upgrades.
    I race one of them with my vf30 setup, from a 70mph roll. Dang, he hang with me for a good sec but within 5 sec i got him by 2 bus length

uh...maybe a longer race would have had a different outcome? 30-50? what's that, like 3 seconds?
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    uh...maybe a longer race would have had a different outcome? 30-50? what's that, like 3 seconds?
    I think a longer race would've been worse for me. He was still pulling me a tad when I quit. Had I started in 2nd, I would've had more momentum = different outcome. I know, 30-50 no big deal, but I was already doing 10 over the speed limit. Did I mention I'm a *****? LOL, just kidding. I would call it... prudent.

Well, at 50mph you still should've been in 2nd gear....

The way I figure it is if I'm at or below these speeds, I'll downshift to the specified gear..... Granted I'm running a VF34 so you may want to lower the speeds a bit since the stocker doesn't have much topend.
    25-30 first gear
    50-55 second
    75 third

id love to see someone shift to first at 30mph from 4th gear

Ummmm its not that hard if you know how to drive stick....

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    id love to see someone shift to first at 30mph from 4th gear

Uhhh. Can you say BOOM!

You would have to be damn good at rev-matching witch I know can be done, but something I would never do on my wrx. Maybe on my integra tho. I doubt my tranny will even let me get through into 1st from that kinda speeds.
    Last edited by IHRTWRX; 06-17-2005 at 11:04 PM.

first gear takes you up to like 35-40 or so... I don't see what the deal is here....

i can drive, i just think its not only

1) stupid
    2) you will have less time in first than it takes to shift once you shift
    3) if you dont do it exactly right youll throw your face against the steering wheel or possibly hit rev limit. one or two times not that bad, do it a whole bunch of times and youre asking for trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast