Turbo Preludes ??

This is a discussion on Turbo Preludes ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do they make a prelude with a turbo stock ? Or would it have been added ? I ran one ...

Turbo Preludes ??

Do they make a prelude with a turbo stock ? Or would it have been added ? I ran one the other night, it had a turbo emblem, lots of wistling and blow off as he shifted and a big frown as I blew past him !!! I would hate to have spent several thousands of dollars on my car only to get spanked by a homer simpson yellow colored bugeye
    It almost didn't seem fair

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

honda has NEVER made a factory turbo car... there is rumor that they are starting too.. but no turbo factory cars... and honestly they dont need too ..

no, prelude has never come with a factory turbo.
    modded preludes are very unpredictable. Some have half-assed kits with low psi due to traction problems and poor tuning and are not much faster than stock (mid 14's maybe) and other kits are more responsive and with proper tuning push upwards of 240whp and run solid 13's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I agree, it completely depends on the setup and the tune. I raced a very nicely done turbo-lude when I was TXS Stage 2. He said it was a T3/T4 setup, but running only at 7psi on stock internals. I beat him from a dig (he was on narrow street rubber), but from a roll he would pull on me after third gear. After 2 runs, he blew up 2nd gear so I won by default .

Actually, I felt really bad for the guy and helped him call AAA to get it towed home; nice guy, clean car and what goes around comes around (I shattered 2nd 6 months later w/the VF22/ACT/FMIC haha)
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

Well it was a pretty nice looking car, and it had all the goodies, you know, pillar gauges,mellon shooter exhaust, BIG tach . I kinda felt bad for him . He also probably thought he was running a stock wrx I don't have too much done yet, just a helix downpipe,scoobysport up-pipe,bosal exhaust,cobb accesport stage 2 programming, and a couple intake mods, see not too much

I never understood the purpose of 5" tachs. My friend had one on his Civic (yeah i know, but it really was a nice car) and I never even saw him look at it.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

those bag tachs?? ,most peopel just get them for the shift lights .. so they dont have to look down soo far.. because sometimes when you are racing you have to look down and your not conscenrated or whatever.. so its more in your eye level.. but they are gwey to me... rather see my boost gauge then a giant tach that makes my whole body glow blue

Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    honda has NEVER made a factory turbo car... there is rumor that they are starting too.. but no turbo factory cars... and honestly they dont need too ..
    dont say never, they were dabbling w/ turbos in the late 80's and produced a car that ran a 4 cylinder turbo. It was only in japan i believe and never really caught on, and from then on they have been N/A.