Me Vs. Suzuki GSXR 600
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me Vs. Suzuki GSXR 600 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Decided to race a friend who has a GSXR-600. We raced from a roll at about 45 mph up to ...

Me Vs. Suzuki GSXR 600

Decided to race a friend who has a GSXR-600. We raced from a roll at about 45 mph up to 100mph. We ran several times, and I ended up at his back wheels everytime. I also had a 220 pound passenger with me, and the guy that rides the bike only weighs 140. I was a bit surprised that he didnt woop me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know what kind of mods you have, but a properly ridden gixxer 600 will hit very low 11s.

vf-34 stg 4, 301whp

good deal, the year also depends alot on a any bikes. i took a ninja 500 by 4 cars. but i found out it barly trapped 100 lol. then i raced a gsxr750 and lost by about 4 buses lol. yeah so bikes are really hit or miss. good race. just don't go thinkin every 600 bike will be like that. he should of walked you like you were parked.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jerry99
    vf-34 stg 4, 301whp
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i was gonna call a bS until i saw the mods, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    I don't know what kind of mods you have, but a properly ridden gixxer 600 will hit very low 11s.
    Yeah but alot of that time is made up in the 0 to 60 or the 60'.. Racing a bike from a roll will not have the same effect as from a stop. From the dig a 300whp car would get left behind by most bikes.

cnk
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    good deal, the year also depends alot on a any bikes. i took a ninja 500 by 4 cars. but i found out it barly trapped 100 lol. then i raced a gsxr750 and lost by about 4 buses lol. yeah so bikes are really hit or miss. good race. just don't go thinkin every 600 bike will be like that. he should of walked you like you were parked.
    You gotta know your bikes. A Ninja 500 is a 2-cylinder engine and the bike is designed for novice bikers. It may be 500cc, but because it's a 2-cylinder, it's not as powerful. Most 600cc bikes that people think of are sport bikes that are 4-cylinders and that makes a huge difference.

Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yeah but alot of that time is made up in the 0 to 60 or the 60'.. Racing a bike from a roll will not have the same effect as from a stop. From the dig a 300whp car would get left behind by most bikes.

........................ HAHAHAHA whew not even gonna touch it.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by cnk
    You gotta know your bikes. A Ninja 500 is a 2-cylinder engine and the bike is designed for novice bikers. It may be 500cc, but because it's a 2-cylinder, it's not as powerful. Most 600cc bikes that people think of are sport bikes that are 4-cylinders and that makes a huge difference.

Calvin
    The # of cylinders has..well... fuggall to do with the output.

cnk
    Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    The # of cylinders has..well... fuggall to do with the output.
    You're kidding right? If that were the case, then why even bother sticking a V12 in a Lamborghini. . .just stick a 4-cylinder in there. The # of cylinders contributes to the total volumetric capacity of an engine. The more volume an engine can intake and combust, the greater the output. A 2-cylinder engine that produces 50HP versus a 4 -cylinder engine that also produces 50HP can have drastically different TQ curves and that has everything to do with output.

Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by cnk
    You're kidding right? If that were the case, then why even bother sticking a V12 in a Lamborghini. . .just stick a 4-cylinder in there. The # of cylinders contributes to the total volumetric capacity of an engine. The more volume an engine can intake and combust, the greater the output. A 2-cylinder engine that produces 50HP versus a 4 -cylinder engine that also produces 50HP can have drastically different TQ curves and that has everything to do with output.

Calvin
    Well, yes, you are right. I didn't mean to state that they have NO impact on output, but rather that you can't say that a 2-cylinder bike is automatically slower/weaker than a 4-cylinder bike...

any newer 600 with a 140 lb rider should leave 300whp behind at any speed tell your buddy to start in 2nd at 45mph and pin it by the time he hits redline in 3rd he should be well over 100 in under 3 seconds if you are still on him your friend should sell his bike and bum rides off you.

Quote Originally Posted by RHONE
    any newer 600 with a 140 lb rider should leave 300whp behind at any speed tell your buddy to start in 2nd at 45mph and pin it by the time he hits redline in 3rd he should be well over 100 in under 3 seconds if you are still on him your friend should sell his bike and bum rides off you.
    I agree.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

i also agree a bike is not a toy and the street is no place for a bike stick to the track if you want to ride my local canyon road is shut down at least one day per month for biker over the side. all my bikes are gone the only thing close to a motorcycle i own is a 125 shifter kart the ultimate driving machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast