my r32 vs. 97 cobra (worth the read)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my r32 vs. 97 cobra (worth the read) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1&page=1&pp=25 Well, as you can see in the above link, i am having an arguement between a guy with a ...

my r32 vs. 97 cobra (worth the read)

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1&page=1&pp=25

Well, as you can see in the above link, i am having an arguement between a guy with a cobra and my car. We ran a few months back, and the cobra could stick with me only at higher rpms, and at lower rpms, i would totally kill him, especially from a roll. We are going to run tomorrow and get it on tape.

What do u guys think the outcome will be from a stop to about 80-90mphs? I have chip intake exhaust mod in my R32 and he has just an upgraded clutch. Remember, we are doing this from a stop.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dont know much about your car, but hopefuly you kick some ass
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Dont know much about your car, but hopefuly you kick some ass

I hope you wack him like I did scoobvee.

+1 just cuz i hate mustangs..and most of their owners.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I hope you wack him like I did scoobvee.
    Awww, you loved it so much you named your little member after my user name thats nice
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Awww, you loved it so much you named your little member after my user name thats nice
    I had to stop and think bout that, guess I'm being as slow as your car this morning. . . or that just was stupid. My guess is the latter.

I recall some of your past races on here, and I think you'll walk him no problem from a stop.

Does he know your all-wheel drive? Or is he one of those people that thinks madd domestic torque rules all races? Besides, if you took him from a roll the AWD launch is just going to put him that much farther behind you....
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I had to stop and think bout that, guess I'm being as slow as your car this morning. . . or that just was stupid. My guess is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I recall some of your past races on here, and I think you'll walk him no problem from a stop.

Does he know your all-wheel drive? Or is he one of those people that thinks madd domestic torque rules all races? Besides, if you took him from a roll the AWD launch is just going to put him that much farther behind you....
    +1. If you hang with him at a roll, then you will walk him from a dig. as we all now AWD > RWD from a stop.

yeah, from low mph ranges, i start pulling on him instantly. From higher mph ranges, he sticks with me, and i think he may have inched on me, if not i did. I cannot quite remember, but up to a 100 from lets say 40mph, we were about dead even. From a stop i raced him once, and ate him alive, but he stopped trying after my launch. I think up to 70 (what he wants to race till) i will have him a good few car lengths.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    +1. If you hang with him at a roll, then you will walk him from a dig. as we all now AWD > RWD from a stop.
    AWD > RWD from a stop on a poorly prepped street with crappy tires. . . at the track, not really.

AWD > RWD from a stop on a poorly prepped street with crappy tires. . . at the track, not really.
    Well that depends on how you look at it.. 500awhp > 500rwhp at the track..

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 <-- modded
    2002 BMW M3 (e46)... (june or july) <-- cant wait
    2002 BMW 530i <-- very nice
    2004 Mercedes SL500
    2003 Audi A6 3.0
    2003 VW Passat V6
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (2.5L, cams, port and polished, turbo back, mbc, uppipe, 3800rpm high stall torque conv., +more)
    can I have one of your cars. JUST ONE PLZ???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.