My STI vs. Mustang Saleen - a tie?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My STI vs. Mustang Saleen - a tie? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here's the story... I was merging onto the 10E (5 lanes) when I saw this Mustang Saleen convertible with a ...

My STI vs. Mustang Saleen - a tie?

Here's the story... I was merging onto the 10E (5 lanes) when I saw this Mustang Saleen convertible with a passenger behind me (I was alone)... so I start merging to the furthest left lane (both that lane and the right lane next it to were empty) and I go for it knowing the guy would go for it too... sure enough we were both speeding on the left lane. We started at about 50mph and for the whole time I was in front and he never passed me on the right lane which was empty. We are now going at about 120mph when I see a car in front of me and another car on the right lane a bit further so I start braking since 120 is already kinda crazy at 1PM with traffic starting to build up... the Mustang finally goes to the right lane and flies by. The guy on the passenger side lifts his right hand and starts to point at the car... what the fcuk. Anyways, who won?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well if you were in front the whole time I would say you won, since you hit the breaks before they passed you right?

What year saleen did it look like? was it the 05 bodystyle or an older model?
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    http://www.saleencanada.com/auto/new...002_specs.html

If it was the S/C'd model, I would have to say he probably wasn't trying...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

So why automatically assume it was the SC one? He just said Saleen, and an STi can pull on alot of the non SC ones, and will be very close with even the best of the NA models.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    So why automatically assume it was the SC one? He just said Saleen, and an STi can pull on alot of the non SC ones, and will be very close with even the best of the NA models.

KEYWORD = IF

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW

That's exactly the same one... but in white. Dunno if SC though but the body looks the same.

I beat a SC one at the drag strip. I pulled 4 on the launch and then 1 car over the course of the 1/4. Once we were past 100, it looked like he was inching forward but not by much...we kept going after the finish line to about 120 and it was the same result. So my guess is that whoever gets the jump on the freeway will hold that lead.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW

actually I just read through that whole page you linked to finally (instead of just glancing at the stats), and at the bottom it says they pulled a 13.0@108mph in the Supercharged car, so thats not too much for an STi from a slow roll (I've seen STi's trap 105-106 stock), and whoever got going first would almost definatly win in a short low speed run like that (by low speed I mean mostly under 100pmh).

If it was NA, by looking at your page, he would have barely had a chance (they listed 14.0@99 for the NA S281), so either way he had to be trying to be that close behind his STi.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    actually I just read through that whole page you linked to finally (instead of just glancing at the stats), and at the bottom it says they pulled a 13.0@108mph in the Supercharged car, so thats not too much for an STi from a slow roll (I've seen STi's trap 105-106 stock), and whoever got going first would almost definatly win in a short low speed run like that (by low speed I mean mostly under 100pmh).

If it was NA, by looking at your page, he would have barely had a chance (they listed 14.0@99 for the NA S281), so either way he had to be trying to be that close behind his STi.

Either way it was never a race to begin with. They never lined up side by side, or went from a dig...

From a dig the STi would have killed the Saleen. From a roll, it would be close... but we'll never know unless they race.

PICS & MODS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.