autobahn.com expresses there hate for wrx owners - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on autobahn.com expresses there hate for wrx owners within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bigd i think i'll jump in here, this thread is funny, yet informative. i've learned that people ...

SMR
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    i think i'll jump in here, this thread is funny, yet informative. i've learned that people who drive porsches are jerkfaces, and that its ok to type forever without any punctuation...

everyone here has a valid point. you have no "credit" because you have access to the internet, and know how to post on car forums. your image consists entirely of your ability to convey your thoughts as text. if you want to come across as a kid, type like one. it says that you never took the time to learn proper grammar. you'll catch heat like this anywhere you go. the people who get along here all know how to take a joke. so, get a clue before you get all pissy. oh, and if you threaten to leave, nobody will bat an eye. however, if you come in mature, using decent grammar, asking apropriate questions or making justified comments, you'll be welcomed. we're not snobs, just jaded by the dumb little kids that are on the boards these days.

+1
    Wow, just wow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man, it's so weird that this is the only forum where people are actually mature enough to try to be grammatically correct. I even put in an apostrophe. Back to the original topic: The Boxster is a wonderfully nice car; it has consistently been at the top of handling and "best sports car" competitions in both Road & Track and Car and Driver. I wouldn't mind having one myself (if only insurance people would believe me when I say I'm a safe 16-yr old driver). That being said, if one were to buy a 2002 wrx for about 17k, and spend the money saved by avoiding the Boxster on performance mods, I would say the rex would win on a roadcourse. But in the end, we all have flat engines, so we should just get along.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

I really need to find all these mythical people that pay 17k for a 2002 WRX. I keep hearing it bandied around, and if the 05s retain their value as well I'm looking forward to unloading mine in a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    I really need to find all these mythical people that pay 17k for a 2002 WRX. I keep hearing it bandied around, and if the 05s retain their value as well I'm looking forward to unloading mine in a few years!
    I was just using the price Road & Track used for their long term wrx a few years ago. It had the $3k BBS wheel package, rear wing, and some random STi bits. I can't afford anything above 8k right now, so I don't really know the prices on used wrx's.
    Zero skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by Reason2Race
    hey guys this kinda ticked me off a lil or even maybe alot !!! i was over at Autobahn.com forum and to my surprise all the porsche owners all they do is bad mouth the wrx owners callin us kids who when we grow up will come to the realization that a boxster is a better car now i got luv for porsches dont get me wrong just not the boxster the boxster is a mid life crisis mobile with a over priced sticker in any weather on any day my wrx will skool a boxster with much more class and for alot less money i must add i think its our respsonsiblity to stand up for our cars that we hold so dearly i joined there forum just so i could speak my mind and they removed my thread withing 10 minutes of having it up i hope you guys are with me as i wage war against these mofo snobs

so, do you guys agree with me that angelina jolie is hott?
    what?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think a lot of the hype has to do with her eccentricity. To be fair she's a very good actress in my opinion; did you see her in "Taking Lives," for example? It's an action/suspense/thriller and they're a dime a dozen, but she plays her role very well IMO and the twist at the end is great largely because of how she acted.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i think shes overrated, maybe a 7 at best, and a very mediocre actress.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I agree she's no Hepburn, but look at how well she deals with roles that are really not all that serious -- Lara Croft, for example. That movie wasn't an art film by any stretch of the imagination, but she did manage to keep it watchable and more fun than it ought to have been for a movie based on a video game. I think she's a very decent actress on her day.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ok shes better than like zelleweger or kidman, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Please don't leave - your posts remind me to use contraception!

Oh dear god. As you can see I don't post on here often, but I just had to tell you that I nearly choked on my graham cracker after coming across your post. In the event I had died, I think that makes you directly responsible. I should sue.

Anyways, I debated writing this because you are already drowning in a sea of criticism, but why not.

While I feel our cars are good value, theres no way I'm going to tell a 911 owner that his car is inferior to my WRX or even a STi because: a.) I adore Porsches b.) I know better c.) {refer to b} I've stopped inhaling paint thinner as a hobby.

Sensible responses have already been posted in droves reagrding what you label as the "mid life crisis car", the Boxster. Under no circumstances would I, even with an STi, "be a hata" on someones Boxster at an autocross or a track day, only for them to wipe the floor with me in the turns. The only consolation I will have is the fact that my sticker price was somewhat less, and that I will still be able to get to Stop and Shop in a few inches of snow. Is it too bad that the residents on some Porsche forum don't realize the virtues of owning a Subaru?? Yes. Am I going to register with that forum so I can really show that I know NOTHING about cars to its members by declaring my WRX a superior automobile using incorrect grammar and very little basis for comparision? Not a chance.

+1.
    Zero skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    +1.
    ++1
    Dave
    01 RS

but what about the children?

VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2Race
    hey guys this kinda ticked me off a lil or even maybe alot !!! i was over at Autobahn.com forum and to my surprise all the porsche owners all they do is bad mouth the wrx owners callin us kids who when we grow up will come to the realization that a boxster is a better car now i got luv for porsches dont get me wrong just not the boxster the boxster is a mid life crisis mobile with a over priced sticker in any weather on any day my wrx will skool a boxster with much more class and for alot less money i must add i think its our respsonsiblity to stand up for our cars that we hold so dearly i joined there forum just so i could speak my mind and they removed my thread withing 10 minutes of having it up i hope you guys are with me as i wage war against these mofo snobs
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    but what about the children?
    It's so weird to only read the first and last post of a thread...
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.