autobahn.com expresses there hate for wrx owners - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on autobahn.com expresses there hate for wrx owners within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by QuickSilver people dont seem to understand that blatantly bad grammar and spelling on the internet is similar ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver
    people dont seem to understand that blatantly bad grammar and spelling on the internet is similar to showing up for a job interview in gym shorts its alright if the job is on the beach but for most situations proper attire is necessary for minimum respect from your audience if people dont know you you will be judged by whatever can be perceived and unfortunately on the internet only whats typed and how its typed
    Fixed it^^^

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Not quite. Hitler was used to describe someone in an argument, so it hasn't met the requirements yet
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/

o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an
    insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end.

was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,
    the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektra
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/

wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an
    insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end.

was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,
    the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating.
    "Godwin's law (also Godwin's rule of Nazi analogies) is an adage in Internet culture that was originated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states that:

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. In addition, it is considered poor form to invoke the law explicitly. Godwin's law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. Many people understand Godwin's law to mean this, although (as is clear from the statement of the law above) this is not the original formulation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Huh, slightly different definitions

you guys make me laugh

i find it extremly funny that you guys take this forum so damn serious its a place to discuss cars its not a coffee house were people sitt around judging everybody who walks threw the door i couldnt care less what you dorks think about me thers only a small percentage of people on here that actually know what there talking about and the rest of you try to gain popularity by getting as many posts as possible dont you have a life?? and dont worry about banning me from this forum ill bann my self from your idiot club its a shame tho cause the originators had a great idea a place to discuss cars but you guys turned it into some sort of group social

Please don't leave - your posts remind me to use contraception!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2Race
    i find it extremly funny that you guys take this forum so damn serious its a place to discuss cars its not a coffee house were people sitt around judging everybody who walks threw the door i couldnt care less what you dorks think about me thers only a small percentage of people on here that actually know what there talking about and the rest of you try to gain popularity by getting as many posts as possible dont you have a life?? and dont worry about banning me from this forum ill bann my self from your idiot club its a shame tho cause the originators had a great idea a place to discuss cars but you guys turned it into some sort of group social
    Fixed it for you
    I find it extremely funny that you guys take this forum so damn seriously. It's a place to discuss cars. It's not a coffee house where people sit around judging everybody who walks through the door. I couldn't care less what you dorks think about me. There's only a small percentage of people on here that actually know what they're talking about, and the rest of you try to gain popularity by getting as many posts as possible. Don't you have a life? Also, don't worry about banning me from this forum, I'll ban myself from your idiot club. It's a shame though, because the originator had a great idea. A place to discuss cars, but you guys turned it in to some sort of group social.
    You coming over here trolling to start trouble on another board isn't what I consider discussing cars

this thread =

what are we in english class why they hell do i need to be so proper to speak to you guys about cars i dont give a **** if i use periods or not its a joke that you do and by the way a boxster my handle decently but its still a mid life crisis mobile for guys who cant afford a 911 and still want to wear porschse hats, polos,beach towels and all the other porsche crap they can get there hands on ..................................... is that enough periods for you anal *****es
    I think the point is it is it will be easier for all of us to read and understand what you are trying to say by putting in periods and stuff because its hard to see where one idea begins and one idea ends the boxster guys have the money so they spend it there is nothing wrong with that just because you are happy with your car I'm sure they are happy with theirs speaking of which I've never seen porschse hats polos beach towels before so it will be cool if you can find a porsche guy driving around with all the gears I hate periods and sentence structures too its just so stupid and waste of time its not like I'm going to take a breath typing or something oh well i'm done typing where is that darn period key i don't need it anyways oh wow its such a nice day outside i think I'll go out and make fun of some porche guys driving aroudn with their hats and stuff

Edit: Highy recommended
    Last edited by AsianWRX; 06-16-2005 at 01:52 PM.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

hey guys this kinda ticked me off a lil or even maybe alot !!
    i find it extremly funny that you guys take this forum so damn serious

If my immigrant parents can take the time to learn to use proper grammar, so can you.

I think you will get better response if you take this to www.nasioc.com . Post it in the Off Topic forum at the very bottom.

I Support ClubWRX
    what are we in english class why they hell do i need to be so proper to speak to you guys about cars i dont give a **** if i use periods or not its a joke that you do and by the way a boxster my handle decently but its still a mid life crisis mobile for guys who cant afford a 911 and still want to wear porschse hats, polos,beach towels and all the other porsche crap they can get there hands on ..................................... is that enough periods for you anal *****es
    That's a decent number of periods but I'd recommend using them one by one, at the end of each sentence.

Look, I don't think it's a matter of us being uptight, or of us being snobs (I'm from a village in the middle of nowhere, I don't live in a castle...). My point was -- and still is -- that you'd have better luck conversing with people that stereotype you as a "kid" if you took the time to articulate what you're trying to say better, and if you did actually use punctuation. Spelling the word "school" correctly is also critical to your cause in my opinion!

i find it extremly funny that you guys take this forum so damn serious its a place to discuss cars its not a coffee house were people sitt around judging everybody who walks threw the door i couldnt care less what you dorks think about me thers only a small percentage of people on here that actually know what there talking about and the rest of you try to gain popularity by getting as many posts as possible dont you have a life??
    By the way, how exactly do you know that this is a forum to discuss cars and many of us are simply post *****s? You arrived on the scene "yesterday" so to speak...

Back to the topic: I think the Boxster is a great idea and a step forward in many ways for Porsche, who have had a terrible time breaking the traditional image of the 911 and have spent decades trying to escape the 911s success (and selling something else to the rigid or conservative or traditionalist customer base that the 911 built).

Every time they come out with something not a 911 people have issues with it - "it's a VW (914), it's an Audi (924/944), it's an egg (928), it's not a 911, booh hooh."

I like the boxster and like what they're doing to it with the S models and constant improvements.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i think i'll jump in here, this thread is funny, yet informative. i've learned that people who drive porsches are jerkfaces, and that its ok to type forever without any punctuation...

everyone here has a valid point. you have no "credit" because you have access to the internet, and know how to post on car forums. your image consists entirely of your ability to convey your thoughts as text. if you want to come across as a kid, type like one. it says that you never took the time to learn proper grammar. you'll catch heat like this anywhere you go. the people who get along here all know how to take a joke. so, get a clue before you get all pissy. oh, and if you threaten to leave, nobody will bat an eye. however, if you come in mature, using decent grammar, asking apropriate questions or making justified comments, you'll be welcomed. we're not snobs, just jaded by the dumb little kids that are on the boards these days.
    Dave
    01 RS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR

Every time they come out with something not a 911 people have issues with it - "it's a VW (914)A "Flat VW" , it's an egg (928)I always thought it looked more like a jelly bean , it's not a 911, booh hooh."

I Support ClubWRX
    When I was a freshman in university in the US, I saw an add in the paper for a blue 914. I show up at the guy's house in an affluent part of town, and he comes out to show me the car. It had not been blue for years, and was actually a type of pastel baby blue with sun-fade accents at random parts of the body. Cracked dash, a few chips in the paint, but the bumpers were in decent shape, the car kept water mostly out, and it had a 901 gearbox. I decided it was the car for me.

The guy was up-front and honest with me, and said he's rather keep the thing but was married etc.. As luck would have it I hated not having A/C and a rear seat! Later I go back and the guy gives me my money and he gets his 914 again.

I wonder if I'll end up buying an old Porsche one day.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.