WRX vs 1.8T

This is a discussion on WRX vs 1.8T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I got another kill in my new subbie today. I was at my friends house and we were going ...

WRX vs 1.8T

Well I got another kill in my new subbie today. I was at my friends house and we were going to get some food so we pull down this super long street and outa no where a silver 1.8t pulls up. Since there was no one on the road at midnight we stopped and asked what he had he said not much except for catback exhaust and intake so we decide to do a run from a 15mph role. We did the three honk crap and took off I actually gained about half a car and it stayed that way unil about 110, thats when we slowed sown so we parted our ways with another kill under my belt. I was actually surprised he didnt pull me from that roll since im stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run, you would have smoked him had you gone from a stop, as I found out many times with my friends old 1.8T when I was stock.

Watch out for the chipped ones though. When I was almost stock (just catback), my friend chipped his 1.8T (only mods were the chip and an aem intake) he would catch me at about 80mph and would get about a car on me to 120 from a dig. After the downpipe he couldnt catch back up though.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Nice run, you would have smoked him had you gone from a stop, as I found out many times with my friends old 1.8T when I was stock.

Watch out for the chipped ones though. When I was almost stock (just catback), my friend chipped his 1.8T (only mods were the chip and an aem intake) he would catch me at about 80mph and would get about a car on me to 120 from a dig. After the downpipe he couldnt catch back up though.
    +1, Watch out for the chipped ones. I raced one from about the same roll speed as you and we were dead even! of course he had more then a chip tho
    2005 Black WRX Sedan
    TurboXs UP/ Bosal Shorty DP/ Borla 3"cat-back/TurboXs TMIC/ UTEC w/ map selector/ Perrin Short Shifter/ HKS SSQ/ K&N Drop in

FP 16G/ STI Pinks comming soon

bully

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't street race but I did try to get a 1.8 running and couldn't figure out the problem -- electrical of some sort. Does that count?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    I don't street race but I did try to get a 1.8 running and couldn't figure out the problem -- electrical of some sort. Does that count?
    Did you see the itsy bitsy little turbo in there? It's so cute!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I was too busy salvaging any hint of emotional stability I had left to notice, though I must say it's a nice engine bay -- a little tight though, and on that particular day *really* quiet (as in, motor not running!).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.