WRX vs Ducati Monster 620
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Ducati Monster 620 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Over the weekend I was out causing more trouble when I had this Red Ducati Monster 620 rolling behind me ...

WRX vs Ducati Monster 620

Over the weekend I was out causing more trouble when I had this Red Ducati Monster 620 rolling behind me with a Camaro along side of me. Well the Camaro gave just enough room for the Ducati to hit the gas and swing next to me. Just as he gets next to me I hit the gas. I was totally expexting to get my azz handed to me. I've never raced a bike before so I had no clue.

In the end I lost but from 40 to 100 my front tire was at his back tire. This thing looked completely stock right down to the exhaust being stock. As we hit 100mph I see him wave me off to slow down. We do and get side by side for a little "nice race" friendlies.

All I can say is each time I roll with another car the WRX impresses me more and more. God I love this car.

Utec Stage 2 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

VR4
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

I Support ClubWRX
    He should have killed you. Ducati Monster 620 0-60 - 4.31 seconds. 1/4 mile 12.52@104.24mph

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He should have killed you. Ducati Monster 620 0-60 - 4.31 seconds. 1/4 mile 12.52@104.24mph
    Maybe the bike was missing the rider mod

Then again it looks like it isnt a top end monster
    - Local Riceist

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Maybe the bike was missing the rider mod
    Most likely

VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    they make ducatis that slow?
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VR4
    Apparantly they did. Here's the data:
    http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval...er_620ie_2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by VR4
    here we go another bike misconception thread.

yes.

all ducatis are slow when compared to the japanese sport bikes. I think the 999r has about 140-150 hp while the new zx-10r has 180.

Ducati used to be considered a cut above the rest because - In the W.orld S.uper B.ike races (I think this is the name of the series) They had 1000cc race bikes running against 750cc race bikes because of the regulations. At a certain point in time, honda got fed up with them winning and made the rvt, sp2, rc51, whatever you want to call it. It was a 1000cc v-twin race bike. The first year out it won the championship with nicky hayden(I could be wrong again) riding it and was dubbed the ducati killer.

Ever since then it's been going down hill

About a year or two ago, the WSB changed it's regulations and allowed 1000cc inline 4's to run with the 1000cc v-twin ducati's and the suzuki gsxr1000 won the series the first year it was allowed to race. Since then the 1000cc japanese bikes have been running circles around the ducatis as far as I know. I mean, sure the v-twin bikes put out more torque, but that little bit can't make up for 40 or so hp.

And how is this relevant to the misconception that ducatis are fast? Whether you watch it or not it all trickles down from racing, and subaru people should know that most of all (Who's the first manufacture that started advertising the massed produce rally bred 2.0t flat four awd monster?). The people that watch the races talk to the people that don't watch the races and tell them about the "ducati killer" or the new 1000's. Those people start spreading the rumors, and that's how it goes from there....

that and most equal sized 1000cc inline four will put out more power than a v-twin any day of the week unless the twin's got a lot of work done to it.

So let's do it one more time, and let the legend die in peace...

I find it hard to believe. I don't think the guy on the bike could ride for his life.
    My .02
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

104mph isn't that quick.... What if it had a fat dude on it too?

Man I swear everytime I post here people think I'm lying.

For a bike that runs a 12.52 1/4 mile (and more then like a sub 1.5 60'), mind you not many riders will hit this time.. For a stage 2 WRX from a 40mph roll to be at the back of the bike isn't to far fetched to me.

Why is that so hard to believe? If you ask me even if I wasn't the driver just looking at the numbers I would believe it. I've seen videos of Supra's beating a Busa from a roll yet in the 1/4 mile it would get smoked.

Anyways I would swear on a stack of bibles that this is 100% true. But you guys can chauk it up how every you like it.

For the most part we're questioning the bikers ability to ride
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    For the most part we're questioning the bikers ability to ride
    Granted that can always be the case but other then short shifting I can't see him messing anything up.. The bike doesn't have the power to raise the wheel anything past 2nd gear and even then you would have to feather then clutch to get it up.

Maybe I'm just a bit salty cause the last time I posted about beating a GTP I got the same reaction.

monsters only have like what, 70 hp?

I was giving it the benefit of the doubt. I jsut checked and it's 63 hp/ 41 ft lbs tq

that's probably 50whp and 25-30 ft/lbs tq at the wheel...
    Last edited by YZFWV; 06-14-2005 at 03:27 PM.

104 MPH trap, slow, waste of a bike. Hell a stage 2 may even walk him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast