me vs WRX with weird mod list

This is a discussion on me vs WRX with weird mod list within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i ran this guys finally who i always see around my town. It's a white 02 WRX. The guy is ...

me vs WRX with weird mod list

i ran this guys finally who i always see around my town. It's a white 02 WRX. The guy is mad cool, but when i asked him what he had done, he said, "clutch, flywheel, intake, injectors, downpipie, catback, uppipe." I started to ask him about the injector part but the light turned green. It was pretty much dead even until we shifted into 3rd, and i started to slowly pull on him before we shut down. He said he loved the way my exhaust sounds, and I complimented him on his car, also.

I sold my accessport 2 weeks ago, so my mods are just gt-spec header/uppipe, stealthback, and prodrive muffler. Stock boost.

I guess when i started to pull on him up top was when the headers started to make a difference.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've read about someone using pinks with the stock turbo, but that's with a super-aggressive tune. Come to think of it, it probably was the QTP stock turbo record-setter. Since the guy didn't mention EM, he may have been talking out his ass.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    I've read about someone using pinks with the stock turbo, but that's with a super-aggressive tune. Come to think of it, it probably was the QTP stock turbo record-setter. Since the guy didn't mention EM, he may have been talking out his ass.
    Yeah without some kind of EM to control the pinks he's going to be running crazy rich.

Either way, nice win..