E46 M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I am typin this I cannot even beleive it myself. Saturday night I was out crusing and I lined ...

E46 M3

As I am typin this I cannot even beleive it myself. Saturday night I was out crusing and I lined up at a stop light with this E46 M3 convertable with the 19" Euro M3 wheels. The guy driving looked over at me and said " Ya ready?" I said, "Sure!" So I revved the engine, slipped the clutch and did a near perfect launch when the light turned green. As I came off the line I was leaving him, and he never caught me to 75MPH, when I shut it down. He then proceded to do a ricer flyby of me. Then he slowed down and gave me a thumbs up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have read the list of mods you have put into your car, and I'm still amazed that you beat a M3, especially a modded one. Nice kill!

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    I have read the list of mods you have put into your car, and I'm still amazed that you beat a M3, especially a modded one. Nice kill!
    -c
    No more amazed then me. I expected to get schooled.

That guys 19" wheels are hurting him

I Support ClubWRX
    Aaron, DAMN your car looks so good. The wheels do it for me (otherwise it looks like mine, just blue). Sick.

Remember, he is also on heavy 18" wheels.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Originally posted by TypeC
    Aaron, DAMN your car looks so good. The wheels do it for me (otherwise it looks like mine, just blue). Sick.

Yep remember I am running on heavy "15.9LBS 18 inch wheels"

ricer fly by?

Don't be so quik to say that he passed you at 75 mph and it was a ricer flyby. It's more likely that's when his engine is really pulling like a bittch and he was simply enjoying catching up to your AWD launch and who shuts down at 75 anyways? You had him down low and he has you up high. Don't do those ricer bail outs and I'm sure you'd see what i mean :P
    Gin and Tonic Demonic!

Re: ricer fly by?

Originally posted by wrx_killers4
    Don't be so quik to say that he passed you at 75 mph and it was a ricer flyby. It's more likely that's when his engine is really pulling like a bittch and he was simply enjoying catching up to your AWD launch and who shuts down at 75 anyways? You had him down low and he has you up high. Don't do those ricer bail outs and I'm sure you'd see what i mean :P

Actually.... Don't be so quick to judge. I shut down cause we were coming up on traffic. We came over the crest of a hill and I was ahead and let off the gas. Did I mention that he was not pulling on me? a little farther up the street we did a roll-on to 95mph from about 50 and he did not have more then 1/4 to 1/2 of a car length on me. Don't be so cocky in your s4. I have a friend that has a modded S4, with the Garrett Chip and exhaust, and he can get me off the line, but during a roll-on, it is pretty darn close.

Actually I just looked up the specs on the M3 convertable and it weighs in at 3781 vs. 3140 for the WRX. Since we were going up a slight incline on both occasions that might have helped me, and his girl was in the car. Either way look at the Power to weight ratio:

WRX 290HP Divided by 3140Lbs = .0923lbs per HP
    M3C 333HP Divided by 3781Lbs = .0880lbs per HP
    Last edited by AaronC; 10-07-2002 at 04:33 PM.

HP/lbs makes more sense.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

ok

FYI I never said anything about my S4. I just hate the term ricer flyby when used incorrectly. A ford contour svt with a big wing flying by you around 100 mph after you smoked him off the line and would've continued pulling on him had he been the only car on the planet is a "ricer flyby". A e46 m3 passing you around 95 is just icing on the cake...if you know what I mean. Peace
    Gin and Tonic Demonic!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by AaronC
    WRX 290HP Divided by 3140Lbs = .0923lbs per HP
    M3C 333HP Divided by 3781Lbs = .0880lbs per HP
    You mean .09 and .08 hp/lbs not lbs/hp.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Originally posted by TypeC

You mean .09 and .08 hp/lbs not lbs/hp.
    Opps. sorry about that. I mistyped it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.