my wrx vs VR4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my wrx vs VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; stock for stock, who would win? i dont know much about vr4s other than the fact that they are twin ...

my wrx vs VR4

stock for stock, who would win?

i dont know much about vr4s other than the fact that they are twin turbo, awd monsters but ran into one last nite. my front end was at his rear bumper (we were side to side) wen i finally heard him downshift and punched it (about a 45mph roll), so i downshifted to 3rd and went at it. i finally shut down at 105mph with about full car and a half length on him at the end of 3rd gear and goin into 4th. i am pretty sure he was stock.

shouldnt the vr4 KILL the wrx from a roll? unless that mofo bagded it a vr4 and made me waste my gas!
    [-victor-]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznbro
    stock for stock, who would win?

i dont know much about vr4s other than the fact that they are twin turbo, awd monsters but ran into one last nite. my front end was at his rear bumper (we were side to side) wen i finally heard him downshift and punched it (about a 45mph roll), so i downshifted to 3rd and went at it. i finally shut down at 105mph with about full car and a half length on him at the end of 3rd gear and goin into 4th. i am pretty sure he was stock.

shouldnt the vr4 KILL the wrx from a roll? unless that mofo bagded it a vr4 and made me waste my gas!
    I ran unto a VR4 yesterday at the local fast food joint.. He would not race me. His car looked, and sounded stock. They are pretty decent from what i understand. The car is really heavy though.

Stock they've got an 8 mph advantage on a WRX so it should leave you quite easily. It does sound like you ran into a rebadged SL since they trap 90-91 mph which would result in what you described. Either that or it was in bad condition; that's easy to find on such old cars.

A quick way to spot a VR4 vs. SL on the older cars is to look at the 3rd brake light. If it's got a thick housing, that's a VR4 because it contains the active aero motor for the wing movement. If it's a thin post behind the brake light, it's an SL.

and before the "heavy" comments start to flow, let me add my usual post (this is a text file I keep on my computer). I know there wasn't any bashing in this thread but it's a copy & paste

They're too heavy to handle well. Wait a minute, it pulls more lateral g's than a NSX, Supra, and C5. - http://stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p16.jpg

It only beats the C5 in a slalom - and we all know how poorly C5's handle - http://stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p17.jpg

With that kind of weight, it must stop poorly too. Wat a minute, what's that? It beats the NSX and Viper in braking? It ties the C5 and is only 1 foot behind a Supra? Only 2 feet behind the Ferrari? Impossible! http://stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p21.jpg

Yep, those cars were too heavy to do anything well. It came in last in all the acceleration tests. Too bad it's so hard to make more power out of that engine. I mean, my peashooter 9b stock turbos managed 109 traps with a race weight of 4070 lbs - throw those numbers into a hp calculator and see what it makes.
    edit again -- double bah! Looks like they've sort-of blocked image linking. Reloading each jpg will display it properly.
    Last edited by John M; 06-12-2005 at 11:25 AM.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.