Ran a John Cooper Mini Cooper S (210 hp mini)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ran a John Cooper Mini Cooper S (210 hp mini) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It wasnt from a dig....but from a 3rd gear roll while i was about 3500 rpm's. Heard him gun it ...

Ran a John Cooper Mini Cooper S (210 hp mini)

It wasnt from a dig....but from a 3rd gear roll while i was about 3500 rpm's.
    Heard him gun it from behind...so i did the same.I put about 2 cars on him by the top of third and then when i shifted into fourth he was slowly inching on me...had to let off past 100 mph...

Real cool guy....he stopped and told me at the next light that he got john cooper upgrade that gives the car a new supercharger and more boost to make 210 hp...

He loved the JDM V7 i have on mine and was impressed by the way the WRX was able to pull even from a roll.

He told me

Happy motoring as we drove off !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool to meet a good enthusiast.

nice run.... But he was pulling you back in 4th??? What is your setup ?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

we just traded for a john cooper mini cooper the other day...i am going to see if i can get one of the salemen to run it against my stock WRX just to see how they compare. I drove it and it seems quick, but not sure it has the same punch as the turbo does.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Love those cars!!!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I know it's kind of off-topic, but when I first read the title of this post I could have sworn it was "I raced John Cougar Mellencamp".

Now that is an interesting mental picture!!!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I used to have a mini cooper s the jcw kit is cool and more power but not worth 7k. Be careful with mini's on the twisties i used to beet up on all kinds of cars in mine. If you have a mini ur better off going after market or keeping it stock and wokring on the suspension and lightening it up.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    nice run.... But he was pulling you back in 4th??? What is your setup ?
    im stock....almost

my silencer hack and drop in fram air hog along with a sti cat back are good for about 1hp.
    he was closing on me...but fourth gear is so much further where third leaves the redline. Im sure he would not have overtaken me as roots superchargers very crappy top end.

i know i used to jackson racing civic Si. was nice form the hole but lost its pull up top.

Quote Originally Posted by bluej20
    im stock....almost

my silencer hack and drop in fram air hog along with a sti cat back are good for about 1hp.
    he was closing on me...but fourth gear is so much further where third leaves the redline. Im sure he would not have overtaken me as roots superchargers very crappy top end.

i know i used to jackson racing civic Si. was nice form the hole but lost its pull up top.
    ahhhh.... I see.. I thought i read in there that you had a JDM version 7 swap done in there.. I was thinking.. There's no way in hell the Mini have been reeling you in on 4th gear...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

i could only afford the V7 Wheels ....wish i could do the V7 swap...

mini mania has a package that makes like 250hp or something. my uncle is thinking of getting one for his cooper s. he let me drive it once (dunno why) and holy crap can that thing turn.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

nice run. The mini's have some decent top end.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    mini mania has a package that makes like 250hp or something. my uncle is thinking of getting one for his cooper s. he let me drive it once (dunno why) and holy crap can that thing turn.
    They aren't made to be drag cars as we know they are amazing cars i ahve driven mini's with lots of power and then mini with alot less weight and i would pick less weight obviously.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

The only people that I've seen driving the cooperS have been complete a$$holes. I beat a nerdy guy in one to a light and he got all pissy and then got in front of me and slammed on the brakes then took off. What a tool. anyone else have cooperS a$$hole problems, or is it just me?
    2002 Black WRX wagon
    1997 GMC Suburban. TURBO Diesel, 4x4 Runs on WVO

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

Quote Originally Posted by StarquestAndyR
    The only people that I've seen driving the cooperS have been complete a$$holes. I beat a nerdy guy in one to a light and he got all pissy and then got in front of me and slammed on the brakes then took off. What a tool. anyone else have cooperS a$$hole problems, or is it just me?
    Usually have the same problem with A$$hole mustang drivers, till i put them buslengths behind me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast