02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend has an 05 colorado with intake and exhaust, my wrx has an air hog, silencer delete, and no ...

02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder

my friend has an 05 colorado with intake and exhaust, my wrx has an air hog, silencer delete, and no exhaust, 1st race from about a 75mph roll with him ahead of me, i was barely able to make up ground on him.. then he hit his speed limiter at 97-98 mph and i blew by him.. next roll was from 30 mph, i was in 1st gear at about 5900 rpm and we hit it, i put about 1 maybe 2 cars on him max til about 75.... rados make about 180 whp stock and hes prolly near 200 whp with his mods... runing mid to low 15s.. those 5 cylinder rados are no joke watch out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just saw a test on tv today that compared those mid size trucks. the colorado was really slow. 0-60 was just under 10 seconds

Yeah. You got proof that that runs low 15s?? that seems way low for what it is.

i was watching those run 17's for 3 wkends in a row, i say your friend was jerking ya or you got bad info

does the airhog actually work?

Most aftermarket intakes dont do anything but negative things. I heard that if you have to do anything at all then just a drop in would be the only thing you should do.

you guys are prolly taking info from the 4 cylinder colorado.. those are much slower.. i was at the track with him when he ran a 16.04@85 mph stock http://dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Color...slip-5112.html, now hes got the intake and exhaust and waiting on some other new mods that should be coming out soon... were hitting the track up this wednesday, heres a colorado forums thread on times:http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.ph...602bd1f80da6cm as a matter of facst if u read that forum theres a guy named NORCALSTI who has a rado 5 cyinder that hes running low 14s with a few extra mods

remember this was from a roll, which according to many thousands is 1 of the wrxs weakest aspects.. from the 30mph roll i did pull away from him.. from the 75mph roll he had a running head start and made up the difference and was inching on him

as for the dispute on HP numbers.. do your HW and youll find they are rated at 220hp the crank.. and unlike our wrxs, those rados do respond to mods like intake and exhaust well
    Last edited by blackrex02; 06-12-2005 at 11:57 AM.

wtf!? am I in a chevy forum??
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre186
    wtf!? am I in a chevy forum??

wow i thought ppl on these forums wouldve been a lil more open minded about things like this.. i guess i was wrong

t
    For some reason I don't know what to say....

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    wow i thought ppl on these forums wouldve been a lil more open minded about things like this.. i guess i was wrong
    Well what did you expect? I dont think anyone was that rude. I mean you raced a colorado. Not exactly a sports car a something that someone one of these forums would beleive to be competition. I mean sure "nice kill" but if you are expecting a better reaction out of these guys at least say somethin about you racing a turbo gsr, or a modded gst/gsx. Something of that nature ya know.

thats exaclty what i expected because no 1 has ridden, driven, or raced 1 in these forums, so no1 has any idea what to expect the when 1 day theyll see a rado on the road.. now if i wouldve said " hey i raced a sentra spec v with i/h/e and i barely won", i wouldve gotten a much better response, as for a 5 cylinder rado not being much competition? haha youll see 1 day, and for those of you who chalked this up to bad driving, my best was 14.218@94.9 mph, stock by the way.. and he has an automatic too, so if anything hes at a disadvantage and he still kept up surprisingly good.. so the next time i read about sum kid in a wrx losing to a cobalt ss or redline or any other VEHICLE around the 200 whp range... ill be sure to remind you

t
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    so the next time i read about sum kid in a wrx losing to a cobalt ss or redline or any other VEHICLE around the 200 whp range... ill be sure to remind you
    Most people here know the potential of the SS and redline. People here aren't going to always agree with you, always like what you like or tell you what you want to hear. . It's kind of self-centered to judge everyone here because they don't think the topic is interesting. If I ran into a guy with a Colorodo and he tried racing me I probably wouldn't even know we were racing.

i will say i havent been on much to answer back but i looked at all the specs and hell it adds up to me even with a 4wd . max weight was like 3.5k-3.6? maybe i was watching those canyons run? i know they got those nice ones with the 4 pingers. makes you think they would just use the 5cyl for the Sport packages well i belive ya, i would say with exhaust and intake he would be making say 12 extra rwhp maybe? want to see one of those turbo'd or completely built in a car, like a certain type of 'vette....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.