02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blackrex02 im going on what other ppl have dyno'd at with the same or similar mods, 195-205 ...

  1. #31
    Registered User IHRTWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    im going on what other ppl have dyno'd at with the same or similar mods, 195-205 whp and 210-22t wtq seems to be the norm on those 5 cylinders.. its not about what you think or suggest its about real world #s... power gains on that motor are bigger than our 2.0 liters cuz the 5 cylinder is a 3.5 liters, and on top of that it responds much better to mods than our cars unbtil we get EM.. we performed the race again today except i was in 2nd gear about 3200 rpm insted of 1st gear at 5900 rpm.. result was pretty much the same... from a 40 mph roll and being 4200 rpm in 2nd gear was a different story

    So... when you have a bigger motor that automatically means that you will get more power from an intake or exhaust? So does that mean I will get about 150hp for putting an intake on an Avalanche with an 8.1 liter? If so, then I guess we all have the wrong cars then huh. Who needs turbos anymore lets just get intakes and exhausts with big ole motors and call it a day.















    But seriously, all cars are different and respond to mods completely different. Intakes may work for some but not for WRX's. Exhaust open up lots of power for WRX's but may not on somethin else like ___________ (fill in the blank with somethin. All I know is that you are cool cuz you beat a truck, but not by much. The truck is truely god-like. And we have been warned... STAY AWAY FROM THOSE BADBOYS!!! Post up some slips or a vid because its quite obvious that neither I or anyone else on this forum really beleives that a good driver with a WRX will only win by 2 cars.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    elk grove ca
    Posts
    925

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    So... when you have a bigger motor that automatically means that you will get more power from an intake or exhaust? So does that mean I will get about 150hp for putting an intake on an Avalanche with an 8.1 liter? If so, then I guess we all have the wrong cars then huh. Who needs turbos anymore lets just get intakes and exhausts with big ole motors and call it a day.















    But seriously, all cars are different and respond to mods completely different. Intakes may work for some but not for WRX's. Exhaust open up lots of power for WRX's but may not on somethin else like ___________ (fill in the blank with somethin. All I know is that you are cool cuz you beat a truck, but not by much. The truck is truely god-like. And we have been warned... STAY AWAY FROM THOSE BADBOYS!!! Post up some slips or a vid because its quite obvious that neither I or anyone else on this forum really beleives that a good driver with a WRX will only win by 2 cars.
    i have done my best to prove you wrong, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, like i said before and many others before me have said, if you have no idea what your talking about, then its best to not talk, i dont know why that is sooo hard to believe... ill post timeslips, ill post videos but why do i have a feeling your gonna make anotehr excuse as to why i only won by 2 cars, a wrx isnt the fastest car in the world and if you keep up with cars its barely competing with todays new sports compacts, why is it so hard to believe that a small pickup with more power all across the board than my car doesnt lose by that much????? your in for a rude awakening, i see your in norcal, you wanna schedule a meeting where you can see for yourself? theres a million variables involved why the races end the way theydo, but obviously you must have or know a higher power to know exactly how each and every race should start and end.. and when did i ever say that a truck was god like for not losing by much, your skewing my words into what you mind wants them to be.. re read the whole post.. i merely said i thought it was pretty impressive that a truck no matter the size or power ( even tho power makes the hugest difference) can hang with a car like a wrx.. too hard for some to believe i guess.... my offer is still on the table.. do you flame srt4s, and cobalt ss, and evos cuz theyre faster than wrxs? wake up buddy your living in a dream.. ive raced plenty of cars to know whats real and not, and that colorado was 1 of the closer races ive ever had.. call me a bad driver or whatever you want, but i wanna see your timeslip of 14.2@95 in your stock wrx, then race my buddies rado, then say a word but until then you cant say shyt cuz you have no clue

  4. #33
    Registered User IHRTWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    944
    What did I say that wasnt true? Did everyone agree with me or you? Everybody was surpised that it kept up so well. All I was saying is that because its obvious that noone agrees, you can just end this by posting some slips. Thats all I said. 14.2 is very fast for a truck. I would like to see the slip. You dont have to get all defensive and act like a d!ck.

    Oh yeah. And you said you tried your best to prove me wrong huh? I even told you just post up slips, and I will shut up.

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    elk grove ca
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    What did I say that wasnt true? Did everyone agree with me or you? Everybody was surpised that it kept up so well. All I was saying is that because its obvious that noone agrees, you can just end this by posting some slips. Thats all I said. 14.2 is very fast for a truck. I would like to see the slip. You dont have to get all defensive and act like a d!ck.

    Oh yeah. And you said you tried your best to prove me wrong huh? I even told you just post up slips, and I will shut up.
    your an idiot read everything, I RAN A 14.2@95 in my wrx stock..there will be a video posted eventually for your viewing enjoyment a$$hole

  6. #35
    Registered User IHRTWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    your an idiot read everything, I RAN A 14.2@95 in my wrx stock..there will be a video posted eventually for your viewing enjoyment a$$hole
    I know. But you said low 14s and 2 car lengths is really not that much. Maybe 1-2 tenths. And where the FCUK do you get off calling me an a$$hole. Thats uneccisary. A video is all I asked. I really could care less about the colorado. I dont know anyone that has one, and I dont street race anyways. All I was saying is post up some evidence so every will stop giving you sh!t.

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    3

    Hello

    Dude, I've read all the posts that you have made and it sounds 2 me like ur kind of lightening up about the whole deal.... I happen to own that 05 rado and sure as **** suprised the hell out of me..... the outcome was exactly what midnite said. That fool who said he could destroy me in a stock civic ex needs to give me some of the **** that he is smokin cuz thats a joke!!!! WOW anyway yes out trucks arent that slow, i can beat most fullsize pickups around and MOST imports. You will also notice that we didnt race from a stop because he would have absolutely mauled the **** out of me... no questions but thats cool. We were simply messin around just for ****s and giggles and he simply wanted to denounce the outcome to you ppl on the forums. When guys started heavily moding these trucks watch out because they will be a force to recon with. I didnt see any reason to jump his a$$ about it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •