02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 05 colorado 5 cylinder within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I am not saying I dissagree either, its just that like I said, not many people have or would ...

Well I am not saying I dissagree either, its just that like I said, not many people have or would race one, so for the most part people here just arent that interested. But hey, nice kill nontheless. At least you didnt lose right? Now that would be embarrassing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by t
    Most people here know the potential of the SS and redline. People here aren't going to always agree with you, always like what you like or tell you what you want to hear. . It's kind of self-centered to judge everyone here because they don't think the topic is interesting. If I ran into a guy with a Colorodo and he tried racing me I probably wouldn't even know we were racing.
    haha im not being self centered, i just hate seeing ignorant ppl making ignorant comments, my whole point was that a 5 cylinder will hang with a wrx from a roll, as it did and im not lying nor am i a bad driver, the facts are plain and simple , i dont understand how that is so hard to believe.. as for canyons and colorados, they are the same thing, both have the 5 cylinder motor as an option, com ein 4wd, crewcab, and single cab, you name it they have it.. he has single cab and is making some where in the vicinity of 200 whp and 210 wtq, and he only weighs approx 3300 lbs... if you wanna calculate that out he actually has a better hp to lb and trq to lb ratio that a wrx.. and if a colorado wanted to race you , you WOULD know it, they are quick and that 5 cylinder has quite an exhaust note.. as for what a 5 cylinder can do, on that forums there is a company that stuck a gt40 snail on a stock everything rado and its making 390 wtq and somehting like 475trq, and that sonly @10 psi and on 100%stock motor
    http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.ph...ght=turbo+rado
    quite the potential in those trucks

im not bashing wrxs, i have 1 obviously and i love it to death, i am merely a car enthusiast and i found it very impressive that a truck, no matter what size, weight or dimension could hang with my car

just my 2 cents tho

t
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    haha im not being self centered, i just hate seeing ignorant ppl making ignorant comments, my whole point was that a 5 cylinder will hang with a wrx from a roll, as it did and im not lying nor am i a bad driver, the facts are plain and simple , i dont understand how that is so hard to believe.. as for canyons and colorados, they are the same thing, both have the 5 cylinder motor as an option, com ein 4wd, crewcab, and single cab, you name it they have it.. he has single cab and is making some where in the vicinity of 200 whp and 210 wtq, and he only weighs approx 3300 lbs... if you wanna calculate that out he actually has a better hp to lb and trq to lb ratio that a wrx.. and if a colorado wanted to race you , you WOULD know it, they are quick and that 5 cylinder has quite an exhaust note.. as for what a 5 cylinder can do, on that forums there is a company that stuck a gt40 snail on a stock everything rado and its making 390 wtq and somehting like 475trq, and that sonly @10 psi and on 100%stock motor
    http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.ph...ght=turbo+rado
    quite the potential in those trucks

im not bashing wrxs, i have 1 obviously and i love it to death, i am merely a car enthusiast and i found it very impressive that a truck, no matter what size, weight or dimension could hang with my car

just my 2 cents tho
    I think diesel trucks running in the 10's are more impressive I see your point though. As DTR and others not in this thread but others have stated that the WRX now has tons of competion and isn't as fast compared to whats on the market right now

Quote Originally Posted by t
    I think diesel trucks running in the 10's are more impressive I see your point though. As DTR and others not in this thread but others have stated that the WRX now has tons of competion and isn't as fast compared to whats on the market right now
    exactly! and a 5 banger truck makes all the more impressive

I have a friend with a 5 spd colorado with the 5 cylinder engine. We raced in my old car 96 LS integra from a 40 roll and I killed him. He had an exhaust but no air intake. Maybe he just caught your car on a bad day or something or maybe my friend has a lemon colorado. But from 40mph my friends colorado wasent even a race for a non vtec integra so you wouldn't think a wrx should have any problem with one.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87
    I have a friend with a 5 spd colorado with the 5 cylinder engine. We raced in my old car 96 LS integra from a 40 roll and I killed him. He had an exhaust but no air intake. Maybe he just caught your car on a bad day or something or maybe my friend has a lemon colorado. But from 40mph my friends colorado wasent even a race for a non vtec integra so you wouldn't think a wrx should have any problem with one.
    was it 4dr extended cab 4wd with huge tires? the canyons are actually heavier too

It didn't have 4 real doors it might have had the little rear doors but i cant really remember.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    my friend has an 05 colorado with intake and exhaust, my wrx has an air hog, silencer delete, and no exhaust, 1st race from about a 75mph roll with him ahead of me, i was barely able to make up ground on him.. then he hit his speed limiter at 97-98 mph and i blew by him.. next roll was from 30 mph, i was in 1st gear at about 5900 rpm and we hit it, i put about 1 maybe 2 cars on him max til about 75.... rados make about 180 whp stock and hes prolly near 200 whp with his mods... runing mid to low 15s.. those 5 cylinder rados are no joke watch out!
    no offense, but you probably suck at driving.

P.S. your car will probably be faster if you take the air hog off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87

+1. you can destroy one in a stock civic EX. I don't know what this guy is talking about...

I work at a chevy dealer(salesman). I tend to find that some 5 cyl colorados are faster than others. Even in the same cab set up and rear gear. American build quality.

my .02
    I just got my new WRX and Im once again completely addicted to turbo boost

-Worx dual stage BOV (50% intake 50% atmosphere)
    -Cobb Accesport stage 1
    -cleared headlamps (pm for info on this freebie)

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    +1. you can destroy one in a stock civic EX. I don't know what this guy is talking about...
    id like to see you go get a civic ex and race and beat a 5 cylinder colorado, if you dont know shyt then dont say shyt, and i am not a bad driver, if you would have read the whole thread, you would have seen that i ran a 14.218@94.9 mph stock! so you can chalk it up to whatever you want but when you start hearing about fast rados dont come post it on here about how surprisingly quick they are... and no the air hog is NOT slowing me down, theres more flameboys in here than i thought jeez...get your facts straight before you go on here before making false claims, i never said i lost , i just said that from 30-80 i only put about 2 car lengths on him which i found very impressive for a truck

i only managed to run 14.6 stock.... but my car is beat, gaining high miles and i prolly have year old mud caked in there. still, i know i could have done better...

bring a stock civic ex, my friend brings his 5 cylinder rado and i bring the camera, deal?

I dunno something isn't adding up to me......OH! thats it, stock truck 220hp, figure 10hp for exhaust, and i'll be generous and say 5 hp from intake 235hp car puts down 205 to the wheels i'm not a math major, but thats what like 12% drivetrain loss? 12% drivetrain loss on a TRUCK! :

Quote Originally Posted by soon2BWRXd
    I dunno something isn't adding up to me......OH! thats it, stock truck 220hp, figure 10hp for exhaust, and i'll be generous and say 5 hp from intake 235hp car puts down 205 to the wheels i'm not a math major, but thats what like 12% drivetrain loss? 12% drivetrain loss on a TRUCK! :
    im going on what other ppl have dyno'd at with the same or similar mods, 195-205 whp and 210-22t wtq seems to be the norm on those 5 cylinders.. its not about what you think or suggest its about real world #s... power gains on that motor are bigger than our 2.0 liters cuz the 5 cylinder is a 3.5 liters, and on top of that it responds much better to mods than our cars unbtil we get EM.. we performed the race again today except i was in 2nd gear about 3200 rpm insted of 1st gear at 5900 rpm.. result was pretty much the same... from a 40 mph roll and being 4200 rpm in 2nd gear was a different story
    Last edited by blackrex02; 06-18-2005 at 09:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.