400Whp SRT-4 ...1st real race - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 400Whp SRT-4 ...1st real race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TurboWill Hey Will I have to see this car bro. Lets get us racing on vid. My ...

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Hey Will I have to see this car bro. Lets get us racing on vid. My bike vs your car.
    That is one 600cc bike I wouldn't want to run. The damn 636
    11.1 @ 131

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha i will jump in the race with a bike as well
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

My bike just has a full exhaust setup right now. Lets all get together one night and get some runs on tape.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Damn

Some of you are full of ish! I've personally seen 400hp SRT's vs high 300hp low 400hp WRX's go from stop and roll and the SRT pulls from a roll and the WRX pulls from a stop!

Why the eff do some of you hate on roll races?? Thats were SRT-4's shine as for your WRX's shine from a stop! You don't see us talking **** about that. Plus, if I'm driving on the highway, you're not gonna see me say, "Hey lets stop on the highway and go from a dig!!"

We don't go from a Dig vs. AWD cuz it's not fair for FWD, unless it has slicks. You guys automatically have the advantage with that AWD. If both have Equal HP, no doubt the WRX is gonna win while FWD spins.

Also, some of us didn't go AWD cuz that not our thing and don't care much about it. I went FWD cuz thats what I been brought up with, so I'll stick to it

I respect Will's car, and can see it's FAST. My thing was I found it weird to see a 400hp SRT loose to a High 300hp low 400hp by so many cars from a rol. But like peeps say, anything can happen on the streets. Congrats on a sweet Car Will!

Greg
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

^^^
    maybe the SRT guy was talking up his car to make it seem like it was faster than it is. With my experiences with this guy he is really cocky.

I was following the race in my friend's STi. I honestly didnt expect Will to pull on the SRT that hard, but they went twice from a 1st gear roll with the same result.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Anything can happen on the street and anything can happen when you race a dyno sheet.

As for racing from a roll most of us grew up watching motorsports on TV and I guess I never found the one that included going from a 60 roll or a 30 roll. Perhaps thats why most people could care less about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Some of you are full of ish! I've personally seen 400hp SRT's vs high 300hp low 400hp WRX's go from stop and roll and the SRT pulls from a roll and the WRX pulls from a stop!

Why the eff do some of you hate on roll races?? Thats were SRT-4's shine as for your WRX's shine from a stop! You don't see us talking **** about that. Plus, if I'm driving on the highway, you're not gonna see me say, "Hey lets stop on the highway and go from a dig!!"

We don't go from a Dig vs. AWD cuz it's not fair for FWD, unless it has slicks. You guys automatically have the advantage with that AWD. If both have Equal HP, no doubt the WRX is gonna win while FWD spins.

Also, some of us didn't go AWD cuz that not our thing and don't care much about it. I went FWD cuz thats what I been brought up with, so I'll stick to it

I respect Will's car, and can see it's FAST. My thing was I found it weird to see a 400hp SRT loose to a High 300hp low 400hp by so many cars from a rol. But like peeps say, anything can happen on the streets. Congrats on a sweet Car Will!

Greg

Good kill Will. I race from a stop all the time and do quite well.... at the track. It's pretty useless for me to race like that on the street and that's why all my races on the street are from rolls.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by silverscooby
    Good kill Will. I race from a stop all the time and do quite well.... at the track. It's pretty useless for me to race like that on the street and that's why all my races on the street are from rolls.
    Damn too bad you dont live out here that would be a good race at the track. People at my track are either way faster than me or quite a bit slower. I can't get a good race damnit!
    11.1 @ 131

I agree with what Will said about daily driven awd cars are gonna be raced from a roll because that's when most encounters happen but I don't like when 2wd cars, or in this case srt-4's, complain about racing from a dig. All I ever see is the fwd guys complaining about racing from a dig because the awd cars have an advantage. When you think about it, if you race the 1/4 from a dead stop the race is even. Racing from a dig gives the advantage to the awd cars in the beggining but when you hit around the 1/8th mile point the 2wd car will have more pull even with the cars having the same power so all in all racing from a dig in the 1/4 is a fair race in my eyes.

I personally drive a slow pos fwd car and I rather race from a dig than a roll because I think a race is more of a race from a dig than from a roll. Plus it takes more skill racing from a dig because even though awd has the advantage from a dig you still have to launch the car properly to take advantage of that advantage (haha that was funny). But this is just all my opinion and I could be wrong.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 06-13-2005 at 10:37 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    I agree with what Will said about daily driven awd cars are gonna be raced from a roll because that's when most encounters happen but I don't like when 2wd cars, or in this case srt-4's, complain about racing from a dig. All I ever see is the fwd guys complaining about racing from a dig because the awd cars have an advantage. When you think about it, if you race the 1/4 from a dead stop the race is even. Racing from a dig gives the advantage to the awd cars in the beggining but when you hit around the 1/8th mile point the 2wd car will have more pull even with the cars having the same power so all in all racing from a dig in the 1/4 is a fair race in my eyes.

I personally drive a slow pos fwd car and I rather race from a dig than a roll because I think a race is more of a race from a dig than from a roll. Plus it takes more skill racing from a dig because even though awd has the advantage from a dig you still have to launch the car properly to take advantage of that advantage (haha that was funny). But this is just all my opinion and I could be wrong.

2wd car is only going to pull even after the 1/8 if you are talking identical weight and crank horsepower #'s. If they make the same power at the wheels which is what most people are referring to it will not pull even, it will stay behind the whole time after the launch unless it is noticeable lighter. SRT's are lighter than STi's by a couple hundred pounds. WRX's are lighter too, so I'm guessing that dude either isn't making 400 whp, can't drive, or if true his power curve doesn't produce torque the way the WRX does he raced. Either way it got worked.
    2004 Cobra 500/501 SAE
    11.5 @ 120 hotlapped
    *Sold* 2004 STI 20g
    11.7 @ 116, 11.9 @ 118

Maybe he's a fat *****. Will how big was he?

Maybe you won cause your ex wasn't in the car
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Cool!

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....E-3DFE596A8E9D

The tape does not lie!

Good stuff!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

any shot you want to upload it so that I can host & watch it(can't see stuff on streetfire)? Streetfire sucks, they chuck their spam in there and you can't download ****.

I did turn the boost up a little so I was running maybe 21lbs...I think he spun in 1st a little...

I just drove the s*it out of it...plain and simple.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    I did turn the boost up a little so I was running maybe 21lbs...I think he spun in 1st a little...

I just drove the s*it out of it...plain and simple.
    If he did have 400whp he would have spun his ass off in first. Hell, I used to spin my ass off in second and a bit into third on the stock tires.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast