400Whp SRT-4 ...1st real race - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 400Whp SRT-4 ...1st real race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRT THIS Tell this Guy with the SRT to show you a Dyno Sheet saying he has ...

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Tell this Guy with the SRT to show you a Dyno Sheet saying he has 400 wheel HP. I can gurantee you he doesn't have 400hp and is talking outta his arse. Just cuz he got another Turbo doesn't mean its faster, especially if its not tuned right.

Another reason could be he just spinned all the way since you guys went from a low gear. Next time you guys should go from 50-60mph. That will be a way different stroy if he really has 400hp. Good Kill by the way! I hate **** Talkers!

Or how about lets quit the meanlingless dyno numbers game and get some track times/trap speeds. Dyno numbers have so many variables they are pretty much useless when judging a car's real world potential. Trap speed doesn't lie even if you do have crappy traction.

Dyno numbers = good for tuning.
    Track Numbers = good for judging a car's true usable power
    11.1 @ 131

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    Or how about lets quit the meanlingless dyno numbers game and get some track times/trap speeds. Dyno numbers have so many variables they are pretty much useless when judging a car's real world potential. Trap speed doesn't lie even if you do have crappy traction.

ehhh, track numbers can have variables as well.

does he not have an lsd or something? cause fwd or not, 400hp is a lot and should get you somewhere.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill Will! Chalk another one up for the good guys
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Rolls are also for daily driven fast awd cars....remember that.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by fre

+ 1,000,000

Trap speed is a better measure

Nice Kill, dude I can't wait for teh footage.

"Bla bla bla just race from a roll and see what happens"
    Well, it was a roll, and it happened to be in first gear
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    So we're at the spot last night...maybe 10-15 wrx/sti's ..its our club and we're chillen. Well this srt thats from around our way shows up...You might remember this srt...I beat him last year w/his upgraded turbo and my 18g...not by much, maybe a car or so. So now I guess he came into the parking lot wanting to run..in fact some said he was talking all this mess and pointing at my car...huh...otay.

His mods: psi-fi 400 turbo kit...
    My mods: basic boltons ...pump gas w/boost turned up 2lbs.

1st gear roll: 1st gear I immediately pull...wham I bang second...just as quick I bang third.....wheres the srt ?...bang fourth...then slide into fifth and jam it into sixth....
    Low and behold the srt is around 5-7 cars behind...No lie...

2nd try..same roll: same result....oh and its all on tape...just gotta get one of the guys to get it on tape...

A nice guy...at least when I talked to him..guess he was talking trash before hands...not to me but...in general...

Moral: chalk one up for the little guys...the subarus represented last night... srt....NEXT
    Since when were bolt ons a engine and tranny swap.

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    Rolls are also for daily driven fast awd cars....remember that.
    Yeah not trying to blow a clutch when i have to drive to work tomorrow. Yeah yeah i know if u don't have the money to fix it don't break it and that is not the problem it is the hassle so yea until i have a lift outside my condo i am keeping it to rolls lol.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Since when were bolt ons a engine and tranny swap.

since they do just 'bolt on'

Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    Yeah not trying to blow a clutch when i have to drive to work tomorrow. Yeah yeah i know if u don't have the money to fix it don't break it and that is not the problem it is the hassle so yea until i have a lift outside my condo i am keeping it to rolls lol.
    I haven't had any tranny problems and I do autocross/track days + launch it ALOT. All in how you launch the car. Just don't be mean to it =P
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

Exactly..it does all bolt on...

I guess Im more then bolt ons...it was kind of a joke.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    I haven't had any tranny problems and I do autocross/track days + launch it ALOT. All in how you launch the car. Just don't be mean to it =P
    I see very little clutch dropping and lots of clutch slipping...
    always better to replace the clutch than the transmission IMO. Besides, cooking clutch smells so gooooood
    2002 Black WRX wagon
    1997 GMC Suburban. TURBO Diesel, 4x4 Runs on WVO

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

yup WILL is the man i actually took the video and i was completely when will pulled on him easily.. well after the race all i hear from the srt-4 kid is all excuses all i can say is WILL'S car is a beast

Hey Will I have to see this car bro. Lets get us racing on vid. My bike vs your car.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Hey Will I have to see this car bro. Lets get us racing on vid. My bike vs your car.
    i would love to see that
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.