Subaru WRX Forum banner

400Whp SRT-4 ...1st real race

8K views 80 replies 31 participants last post by  BrianH 
#1 · (Edited)
400Whp SRT-4 ...1st real race **video included **

So we're at the spot last night...maybe 10-15 wrx/sti's ..its our club and we're chillen. Well this srt thats from around our way shows up...You might remember this srt...I beat him last year w/his upgraded turbo and my 18g...not by much, maybe a car or so. So now I guess he came into the parking lot wanting to run..in fact some said he was talking all this mess and pointing at my car...huh...otay.

His mods: psi-fi 400 turbo kit...
My mods: basic boltons :rolleyes: ...pump gas w/boost turned up 2lbs.

1st gear roll: 1st gear I immediately pull...wham I bang second...just as quick I bang third.....wheres the srt ?...bang fourth...then slide into fifth and jam it into sixth....
Low and behold the srt is around 5-7 cars behind...No lie...

2nd try..same roll: same result....oh and its all on tape...just gotta get one of the guys to get it on tape...

*** video in post #57 ***
A nice guy...at least when I talked to him..guess he was talking trash before hands...not to me but...in general...

Moral: chalk one up for the little guys...the subarus represented last night... :sadwave: srt....NEXT

See less See more
#27 ·
Dude 150 roll is so much better lets race to 155 that should be fun... Just kidding i like roll racing better. :wiggles:

#30 ·
kevinh211 said:
rolls are for bakers! :rotfl:
Lol and for front wheel drive cars without slicks.

#31 ·
SRT THIS said:
Tell this Guy with the SRT to show you a Dyno Sheet saying he has 400 wheel HP. I can gurantee you he doesn't have 400hp and is talking outta his arse. Just cuz he got another Turbo doesn't mean its faster, especially if its not tuned right.

Another reason could be he just spinned all the way since you guys went from a low gear. Next time you guys should go from 50-60mph. That will be a way different stroy if he really has 400hp. Good Kill by the way! I hate **** Talkers!

Or how about lets quit the meanlingless dyno numbers game and get some track times/trap speeds. Dyno numbers have so many variables they are pretty much useless when judging a car's real world potential. Trap speed doesn't lie even if you do have crappy traction.

Dyno numbers = good for tuning.
Track Numbers = good for judging a car's true usable power

#32 ·
fre said:
Or how about lets quit the meanlingless dyno numbers game and get some track times/trap speeds. Dyno numbers have so many variables they are pretty much useless when judging a car's real world potential. Trap speed doesn't lie even if you do have crappy traction.

ehhh, track numbers can have variables as well.

#36 ·
fre said:
+ 1,000,000

Trap speed is a better measure

Nice Kill, dude :cool: I can't wait for teh footage.

"Bla bla bla just race from a roll and see what happens"
Well, it was a roll, and it happened to be in first gear :cool:

#37 ·
13secwrx said:
So we're at the spot last night...maybe 10-15 wrx/sti's ..its our club and we're chillen. Well this srt thats from around our way shows up...You might remember this srt...I beat him last year w/his upgraded turbo and my 18g...not by much, maybe a car or so. So now I guess he came into the parking lot wanting to run..in fact some said he was talking all this mess and pointing at my car...huh...otay.

His mods: psi-fi 400 turbo kit...
My mods: basic boltons :rolleyes: ...pump gas w/boost turned up 2lbs.

1st gear roll: 1st gear I immediately pull...wham I bang second...just as quick I bang third.....wheres the srt ?...bang fourth...then slide into fifth and jam it into sixth....
Low and behold the srt is around 5-7 cars behind...No lie...

2nd try..same roll: same result....oh and its all on tape...just gotta get one of the guys to get it on tape...

A nice guy...at least when I talked to him..guess he was talking trash before hands...not to me but...in general...

Moral: chalk one up for the little guys...the subarus represented last night... :sadwave: srt....NEXT
Since when were bolt ons a engine and tranny swap. :rotfl:

#38 ·
13secwrx said:
Rolls are also for daily driven fast awd cars....remember that.
Yeah not trying to blow a clutch when i have to drive to work tomorrow. Yeah yeah i know if u don't have the money to fix it don't break it and that is not the problem it is the hassle so yea until i have a lift outside my condo i am keeping it to rolls lol. :rotfl:

#40 ·
S4toSTI said:
Yeah not trying to blow a clutch when i have to drive to work tomorrow. Yeah yeah i know if u don't have the money to fix it don't break it and that is not the problem it is the hassle so yea until i have a lift outside my condo i am keeping it to rolls lol. :rotfl:
I haven't had any tranny problems and I do autocross/track days + launch it ALOT. All in how you launch the car. Just don't be mean to it =P

#42 ·
Ceyvme said:
I haven't had any tranny problems and I do autocross/track days + launch it ALOT. All in how you launch the car. Just don't be mean to it =P
I see very little clutch dropping and lots of clutch slipping... :wiggles:
always better to replace the clutch than the transmission IMO. Besides, cooking clutch smells so gooooood :rotfl:

#49 ·
Damn

Some of you are full of ish! I've personally seen 400hp SRT's vs high 300hp low 400hp WRX's go from stop and roll and the SRT pulls from a roll and the WRX pulls from a stop!

Why the eff do some of you hate on roll races?? Thats were SRT-4's shine as for your WRX's shine from a stop! You don't see us talking **** about that. Plus, if I'm driving on the highway, you're not gonna see me say, "Hey lets stop on the highway and go from a dig!!"

We don't go from a Dig vs. AWD cuz it's not fair for FWD, unless it has slicks. You guys automatically have the advantage with that AWD. If both have Equal HP, no doubt the WRX is gonna win while FWD spins.

Also, some of us didn't go AWD cuz that not our thing and don't care much about it. I went FWD cuz thats what I been brought up with, so I'll stick to it :thumbup:

I respect Will's car, and can see it's FAST. My thing was I found it weird to see a 400hp SRT loose to a High 300hp low 400hp by so many cars from a rol. But like peeps say, anything can happen on the streets. Congrats on a sweet Car Will!

Greg

#50 ·
^^^
maybe the SRT guy was talking up his car to make it seem like it was faster than it is. With my experiences with this guy he is really cocky.

I was following the race in my friend's STi. I honestly didnt expect Will to pull on the SRT that hard, but they went twice from a 1st gear roll with the same result.

#51 ·
Anything can happen on the street and anything can happen when you race a dyno sheet.

As for racing from a roll most of us grew up watching motorsports on TV and I guess I never found the one that included going from a 60 roll or a 30 roll. Perhaps thats why most people could care less about it.

SRT THIS said:
Some of you are full of ish! I've personally seen 400hp SRT's vs high 300hp low 400hp WRX's go from stop and roll and the SRT pulls from a roll and the WRX pulls from a stop!

Why the eff do some of you hate on roll races?? Thats were SRT-4's shine as for your WRX's shine from a stop! You don't see us talking **** about that. Plus, if I'm driving on the highway, you're not gonna see me say, "Hey lets stop on the highway and go from a dig!!"

We don't go from a Dig vs. AWD cuz it's not fair for FWD, unless it has slicks. You guys automatically have the advantage with that AWD. If both have Equal HP, no doubt the WRX is gonna win while FWD spins.

Also, some of us didn't go AWD cuz that not our thing and don't care much about it. I went FWD cuz thats what I been brought up with, so I'll stick to it :thumbup:

I respect Will's car, and can see it's FAST. My thing was I found it weird to see a 400hp SRT loose to a High 300hp low 400hp by so many cars from a rol. But like peeps say, anything can happen on the streets. Congrats on a sweet Car Will!

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.