02 WRX (catless /w stock catback) vs 2002 MonteCarlo SS Intimidator

This is a discussion on 02 WRX (catless /w stock catback) vs 2002 MonteCarlo SS Intimidator within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Background on cars: Me: 2002 WRX - catless on the stock catback, HKS BOV, intake silencer removal. Him: 2004 Monte ...

Elm

02 WRX (catless /w stock catback) vs 2002 MonteCarlo SS Intimidator

Background on cars:

Me: 2002 WRX - catless on the stock catback, HKS BOV, intake silencer removal.

Him: 2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator edition - Stock except for 20inch chrome wheels.

Well, I was leaving work and a friend of mine ask me if he wanted to run a few times, and agreed. I figured it would be a close race, because he has alot of torque and a v6, but he is also running 20inch wheels. So after being frustrated of finding no open spots for about 10 minutes, we finally get some room to strech our legs.

We did a roll at about 20mph, Now I wasnt fully ready because I was coasting at 20mph and I had to double clutch it back into first at the last second. So he got the jump on me, he pulled about 2/3 of a car on me, and Im flooring it and I accidently bounce off the rev limiter in 1st, and I quicky shift into second and make my ground back up.

So were even up to about 45mph, then I start slowly walking him, and I flat foot shift into 3rd and I get another jump of about half a car. at about 85mph in 3rd gear I have about two car lengths on him, and I flat foot into 4th and gain another half a car. I decided to shut it down; we were both doing over 110, and I won by about 3 to 4 cars by 110.

I was quite impressed with how my car did. I'm going to attribute alot of my pull on him having large 20inch wheels. We'll have to run them again when he puts his stock wheels back on, but by then I'll be even faster than I am now.

discuss.....
    Last edited by Elm; 06-10-2005 at 10:28 PM.
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Elm
    discuss.....

Intimidator edition = bush league = I can't even take that name seriously =
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Intimidator edition = bush league = I can't even take that name seriously =
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.