WRX VS M3 VS SVT CONTOUR(long)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX VS M3 VS SVT CONTOUR(long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this is sort of an old kill, i think it was in january. Finally decided to post it. K ...

Talking WRX VS M3 VS SVT CONTOUR(long)

Well this is sort of an old kill, i think it was in january. Finally decided to post it. K well here is the scenario. Im riding in my roomates E46 M3, hes driving cuz its his car, wish it was mine , so were out rice hunting with the M3 and another roomate in his Contour SVT both cars have 2 people, we raced from a roll a few times and just walked away we both knew what the results would be just having fun. So were riding around and my other roomate in the SVT has the vid camera. So were driving down alafaya in orlando near UCF, and we see this red wrx on the other side of the road. Keep in mind we have been looking to race one for awhile becouse i really want one and they were ragging on me becouse i told them that 4wd is faster then rwd in every way(i finally proved them wrong, and if you want the proof just IM liquidsk8s). So anyways we catch a U turn and cant find him, pull another u turn and were confused by how he suddenly vanished, 5 sec later at a light he pulls up right next to us, turns out he was pulling u turns to race us as well so we were going in circles hehe. Well we couldnt race there becouse of traffic so we drive a bit and finally catch a red, so he tells us he has a few mods(intake, exhaust, bov) so we start revving and hes like ill take you off the line, my friend in the m3 doesnt think so (hes stock) so the SVT is filming it all from behind us, while talking to some hot girl in the car next to them asking about the race they comment"oh ya the wrx is going to get killed" well we were all surprised. Just to let you know my friend driving the M3 is not youre typical driver, probably the most incredible driver i know, racing school, shifter carts etc, hes disgusting. So we both have perfect launches, neck and neck the whole way till like 60-70 not sure the exact number then the m3 slowly started to pull but not by much. We both let off, all i know is that his car sounded incredible, really cant wait for the wrx, but the BOXSTER S will suffice for now. So we checked out the vid and our friends in the SVT were quite surprised as were we, the WRX did a very good job, more reason for me to get one. Well hope ya liked the long account for my night only about 6 or 7 months ago. L8r

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wheres the vid!
    04 SVT Lightning

Unhappy Wheres the vid?

Thats a good question Ill have to see if he saved it, i bet he did ill just have to ask him where he put it then maybe i can get it up on the net.

If you friend in the E46 M3 was that good of a driver, then not only was the WRX driver amazing, but he had more mods than that. You're talking about 333hp stock vs. 227hp stock...and about a 50lbs/tq. difference as well. Can an exhaust, intake (which I've heard isn't that big of a deal on the Rex) and BOV make up that difference?

Basically, if your boy is that good, I'd have to believe that he's running 0-60 in around 4.5/4.6 and the Rex is about a 5.5-5.8 car...so he had more mods than that to make up that difference.

The Rex can be made into an amazing car for sure, quite capable of taking out a new M3...but not with those mods. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

It all depends on the exhasut like if he had uppipe downpipe etc. He has a site up on the net through i-club ill have to find it again but those were his mods, remember we only raced to mid 60mph so his launch made the dif but after 60 we started to pull and then we shut down. Also the 0-60 for the m3 is 4.7 not 4.5 and its rare that a driver can even get that with most average around 5. Then the occasional incredible launch will get you a 4.7 etc tested with a gtech. It was a close race we ended with his nose at the door of the M3. An full exhaust can add a lot of power, look at the scoobysport it adds i believe 30hp and 50lb torque. thats plenty for a WRX to keep up with an M3 up to 60mph.
    "Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain"
    "Im not going to change my ways just to please you or appease you"

02 Orient Red Porsche Boxster S
    -18" sport designs with Pirreli P-Zero's

01 Land Rover Discovery

Soon i hope to own a WRB WRX

Originally posted by liquidsk8s
    It all depends on the exhasut like if he had uppipe downpipe etc. He has a site up on the net through i-club ill have to find it again but those were his mods, remember we only raced to mid 60mph so his launch made the dif but after 60 we started to pull and then we shut down. Also the 0-60 for the m3 is 4.7 not 4.5 and its rare that a driver can even get that with most average around 5. Then the occasional incredible launch will get you a 4.7 etc tested with a gtech. It was a close race we ended with his nose at the door of the M3. An full exhaust can add a lot of power, look at the scoobysport it adds i believe 30hp and 50lb torque. thats plenty for a WRX to keep up with an M3 up to 60mph.
    True, true. Like I said, its not that I didn't believe you... I've seen M3 drivers that cannot drive their car and its totally believalbe. However, the thing that got me was that you said your boy was an amazing driver, so I figured he was putting down "mag" times for the M3...so your point re: most M3's got 0-60 in 5 secs. is moot because your boy was a "disgusting driver" in your own words. And it seemed like the AWD advantage of the Rex was lost since the M3 had such a great launch. So if given equal launches, I thought it would be no contest...

Anyway, as you pointed out, the mods gave a lot of hp/tq. so its understandable...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Ya i know what you meant, we had a good launch for an M3 prob sub 5 between 4.7 and 5. But the WRX had the incredible AWD launch so he imediately jumped a bit on us for a brief sec then we caught him and were equal for a few sec then around 60 we started pulling away but then we shut down. The thing with the WRX is if he had an uppipe then that could account for his launch becouse the uppipe removes most of the turbo lag thereby giving him a lot more power down low and keepin up with us. But like you said there are a lot of M3's out there that have no clue to what there doing, but this wasnt youre typical M3, although we had a few hairy moments, thats what happens when you turn japanese hehe. Another M3 driver got him into the idea of popping the clutch mid corner, sorta like lto(lift throttle oversteer) in the WRX. But its very sudden, dont try with cold tires we had a bad experience with this, we ended up sliding into a bench, suprisingly no damage to anything just a slight scratch that we buffed out, but even schumacher wrecks on occasion, when youre on the edge all the time youre eventually going to fall its just a matter of time.
    "Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain"
    "Im not going to change my ways just to please you or appease you"

02 Orient Red Porsche Boxster S
    -18" sport designs with Pirreli P-Zero's

01 Land Rover Discovery

Soon i hope to own a WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.