Test Drove An Evo RS **WOW**
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Test Drove An Evo RS **WOW** within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To make the long story short..... I got off work a bit early yesterday and had nothing to do, so ...

Test Drove An Evo RS **WOW**

To make the long story short..... I got off work a bit early yesterday and had nothing to do, so I went to the local Mitsubishi dealer. I didn't think they would still be so strict on letting customers take it for a spin. At first they said they can't put miles on it. I asked "why would I want to spend $30k on a car that I've never driven?" The manager came out and told me that since I drive a WRX, he's going to let me test drive the Evo.

Test drive run:
    Man this thing is a lot of fun to drive. The car feels stiff and grounded. Handling and brakes are really good. The power is there all the way to redline. I drove this thing like it was stolen! The sales person was cool about it and he said he'll watch out for cops. As I rip through corners, I noticed he was holding on tight to the seats, looking in disgust. The clutch are light and the gears are precise. This car is absolutely amazing! I will be going to my local Subaru dealer to see how the Sti feel.
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 06-09-2005 at 11:05 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are you being drawn to the darkside?
    " I'm a bad man"

there was an evo 8 with about 15k miles for 25k at the dealer when i bought my wrx. i wanted it so bad, but there were no rebates, interest rate was worse, etc. i did the financially responsible thing and bought the wrx. but damn i love EVOs. there is no comparison between an evo and a sti imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    Even though I really like the car. I would not be stupid enough to trade in my car again. I joined the darkside (WRX) about a year and a half ago. I used to own a Honda Accord V6 and traded it in without even thinking. I was only planning on test driving a WRX and buy it in the future. Next thing I know.... I ended up driving it home. All the dealers likes to put a lot of pressure on their customers to buy their car. I hate that, and i've learned from that....
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 06-09-2005 at 09:25 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Even though I really like the car. I would not be stupid enough to trade in my car again. I joined the darkside (WRX) about a year and a half ago. I used to own a Honda Accord V6 and traded it in without even thinking. I was only planning on test driving a WRX and buy it in the future. Next thing I know.... I ended up driving it home. All the dealers likes to put a lot of pressure on their customers to buy their car. I hate that, and i've learned from that....
    That is the worst way to come into a car- high pressure salesmen are snakes as far as I'm concerned. I realize they have to make a living but still.. I hope you don't regret buying your Subie..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    What dealer did you take the test drive in ?

My new place is right around the corner from the Capitol Expy Mitsu dealer. I may go for a test drive as well just to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    All the dealers likes to put a lot of pressure on their customers to buy their car. I hate that, and i've learned from that....

so what was your excuse to the salesman for not buying the evo?

Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    What dealer did you take the test drive in ?

My new place is right around the corner from the Capitol Expy Mitsu dealer. I may go for a test drive as well just to do it.
    I went to the Capitol Auto Mall Mitsu dealer. But go there only if you have a lot of time. Don't go on your lunch break because they will pressure and lure you as much as possible to work out a deal after. That's what happened to me and it took me a while to get out of it.

TurnWRX
    My excuse was..... "I need to sell all the parts on my car first before I can trade it in."

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    damn traders....

traitors or traders? both could actually be true in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

wicked rex r u in vietnam right now? according to ur location...

isn't the rs the na crappy version? I thought the sporty evo 8 was an m something or other...I'm probably wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    isn't the rs the na crappy version? I thought the sporty evo 8 was an m something or other...I'm probably wrong...
    the RS is the lighter, stripped down evo...same engine, tranny, goodies. The MR is the 6 speed version.

I would love an RS to go along with my wrx, but I'd rather have the $25g go towards something other than another car
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    wicked rex r u in vietnam right now? according to ur location...
    Yup, I am in Vietnam... There is tones of Subaru and Evo rolling around in Saigon.

Just playing man. I am from Vietnam, but not in Vietnam. The reason I stated that is because I don't want a lot of people to know my location.

I have been itching to drive an Evo MR... but I know there is no way in hell they are going to hand over the keys to me for a test drive
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast