Test Drove An Evo RS **WOW** - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Test Drove An Evo RS **WOW** within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you probably won't belive this but a MR won't impress you if you drive GSR EVO first.. the only thing ...

you probably won't belive this but a MR won't impress you if you drive GSR EVO first.. the only thing you really get is the extra gear front diff, acd, nice rims, and a few other things.. you're better off with the GSR or the RS.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Yup, I am in Vietnam... There is tones of Subaru and Evo rolling around in Saigon.

Just playing man. I am from Vietnam, but not in Vietnam. The reason I stated that is because I don't want a lot of people to know my location.

Hint on his location.

This city has the largest Vietnamese community in the Country.

Man I want an EVO soooo bad! Sometimes I think about sellin the WRX and tackin even higher payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Hint on his location.

This city has the largest Vietnamese community in the Country.

Is that in wisconsin, or is that only the hmong(SP?) there?

Actually...all of the 2005 EVO's have the helical front differential, and the ACD. It is not exclusive only to the MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1
    you probably won't belive this but a MR won't impress you if you drive GSR EVO first.. the only thing you really get is the extra gear front diff, acd, nice rims, and a few other things.. you're better off with the GSR or the RS.
    I beg to differ... My princess and the pea ass is amazed on a daily basis by how soft the ride is. Also all 05's have ACD.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller
    I beg to differ... My princess and the pea ass is amazed on a daily basis by how soft the ride is. Also all 05's have ACD.
    im talking power wise... you really can't tell the difference, ride wise the bilstiens are softer . but i wasn't on stock shocks and springs that long. and yea i forgot all 05 come with acd..
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I have been itching to drive an Evo MR... but I know there is no way in hell they are going to hand over the keys to me for a test drive
    I made a thread about it earlier. I wasnt too imrpessed with the MR except for the seats....they were comfy.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Agreed. I test drove one a while back. It was quicker than my stg.2 wagon to be sure, but it didn't blow my mind like I expected. The amount of turbo lag was higher compaired to a WRX or STi.

Alot of this is contributed to my mods however. I also test drove a Saab 9 2x and it felt like a slug compaired to my car.

The MR I test drove was a beautiful car (White w/ dark gray wheels) and had great seats(Recaro).
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.