WRX 5-1 for the night!

This is a discussion on WRX 5-1 for the night! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well tonight I thought I would go out and cause a little trouble on the streets. Near my house there ...

WRX 5-1 for the night!

Well tonight I thought I would go out and cause a little trouble on the streets. Near my house there is a strip of road that everyone cruses up and down and street racing if you can. I got down there around 9:30pm and it seemed dead so I was ready to head home when I pulled into a parking lot to turn around when I see a pack of cars sitting talking. Two of them jumped into their cars and came after me.. A primered up Honda civic 4 door that claimed to have a B16 JDM under the hood. I knew he was lying when I saw his cheap as APC 5" indaglow tach. Anyways we pull up to a light with his buddy behind me in a G3 Celica with a SR71 Blackbird wing on the back. I'm having clutch problems (needs to be replaced) so all night I didn't do a single launch. So when the light turned green I took off the best I could and saw nothing but his headlights in my rearview. The celica was so far behind me I could barely see him at all. I slow down to give him a good race (not really) nod and he did the same.

I wont go into detail for all the races but the one lose I have to tell. I get this camaro blow by me like a nut. I was on my way home but I figured why not one more so I folow him for a bit and he cuts some guy off so we can get side by side at a light. I couldn't hear his car at all so I thought it might be a V6 but I was wrong. I'm guessing he has a Y pipe exhaust cause wont we got going it was loud. I mean I too the silcener out of my pipe this morning and I could see hear him over me. Well the light turned green and we both got on it. Remember I can't launch cause if clutch problems and we are side by side pulling hard. We keeped side by side till I hit 4th gear then he started pulling on me. By the time we shut down my bunper was at his door. After the race we stopped at a light and chatted. He said he was expecting an easy win. I asked him what work he had done to it and he said he just picked it up a week ago for $4500.00 and had no clue what was done to it. The only thing I know is it's an auto. Great, fun run. The only one who even came close.

List of cars that went down.
    WRX vs Civic 4 door (2 busses on it)
    WRX vs Celica (City blocks on this guy)
    WRX vs BMW 318 Hatchback (40mph roll) 2+ cars on this one
    WRX vs GTP w/ Exhaust and filter (from a 40mph roll) I put 2 cars on him
    WRX vs GTP (same car) (from a dead stop to 100mpg) I put 3+ cars on him
    WRX vs Camaro (auto) I got beat in 4th gear.

Not a bad night over all. I did have a Mustang rev on me twice. Funny thing is I smoked this guy two weekends ago. When we finally got side by side at a light he just shock his head and said no thanks I remember you from before. Me personally I would have still run the guy even if I lost before just for fun but he didn't want to..

Anyways I had a blast. Can't wait till I get this thing tuned and see that Camaro again..

2002 WRX utec Stage2 (up/pipe not in yet and running stock stg2 map)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW 53 views and not one comment. I'm feeling a little salty.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That was a fun filled night,congrats on the kills. If you could launch things would have been worse for everyone.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

That gtp kill from a roll is a little shady...but ok
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    That gtp kill from a roll is a little shady...but ok
    I thought the samething.. I expected ALOT more from it but it put up ZERO fight. The kid driving it seemed cool and even stopped to talk a little telling me he had the exhaust and filter and ordered pullies for it ($60.00 to gain 18hp).

My friends dad got a indy 500 pace car version of it and he says it's fast but thinks my car is alot quicker.

BTW I'm 34 (35 in a few days) years old. Not the type to lie about stuff like this.

I just looked up the 1/4 mile times for the GTP.. Not as fast as I would have thought.. I couldn't find any new times..
    0-60 | 1/4mile
    1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 6.6 | 15.00
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 6.8 | 15.1
    Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with 3.8 L67 supercharged engine w/2.98 gears
    Power: 240hp/280tq
    Weight: 3350(mine without driver/spare/jack and 1/2 tank gas)

The GTPs average 14.4-14.9 BONE STOCK
    We of course have our freaks and slouches; freaks have ran 13.9 and some 14.0s. Slouches have been seen running 15s... but the car is usually sick and not in any form of race prep.

I had one..it was pretty quick. no track times, only butt dyno.

I pulled on g35's though..coupes and 4 doors..both autos...but it was really quick from a roll...$500 = 60-70 whp...pulley, chip, plugs, intake...good kill though.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I thought the samething.. I expected ALOT more from it but it put up ZERO fight. The kid driving it seemed cool and even stopped to talk a little telling me he had the exhaust and filter and ordered pullies for it ($60.00 to gain 18hp).

My friends dad got a indy 500 pace car version of it and he says it's fast but thinks my car is alot quicker.

BTW I'm 34 (35 in a few days) years old. Not the type to lie about stuff like this.

something's wrong there. a set of pullies should turn up the boost and he should have got way more than 18hp out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    something's wrong there. a set of pullies should turn up the boost and he should have got way more than 18hp out of it...
    The pullies weren't on yet. After the race we slowed down and chatted. He told me he had an exhaust and filter and a set of pullies on the way. His words "I got a set of pullies coming. Cost me $60.00 and I will gain 18hp."

Me I don't know much about the car only that he got smoked bad both times. Any neither time did I have an advantage since I couldn't launch with my clutch.

I also had a GTP back in 1998 ... it was a sweet ride ( for an 18 year old ) THe supercharger had a crazy whine and with a couple mods it put down some good #'s !

best was 14.3@96 pulley,catback,intake

Stock My BEST was 15.0 @93 if i remember ,,,, my car was sorta a slouch... 2 trannys later ..lol
    Last edited by wrxhunter; 06-11-2005 at 09:02 PM.
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!