raced a corolla?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on raced a corolla? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 3am last night, came to stop light along side some corolla didnt even give it a 2nd look, right as ...

raced a corolla?

3am last night, came to stop light along side some corolla didnt even give it a 2nd look, right as i stop light goes green so i rolled by and took off slowly ahead of him. My friend said they were laughing at us for some reason, and roll by me at what could have been wot.. not sure really lol, they got over a buss length, pulled infront of me, then passanger stuck his hand out the window at us like "thats all you got?" I was just crusing at 45 ish in 4th, droped to 3rd and gave chase, 1/2 way thru 3rd was already at his tail, but think he let off a bit after psasing me, so he gets back on it, we get side to side by end of 3rd, shift, 4th, no boost, loose 1/2 a car. Dont pull on him for few seconds, then shut down as he takes freeway onramp.
    bone stock waggon, full tank 1 passanger and seats folded down full with my life cuz im homeless right now. So at first i was dissapointed i couldnt whop the **** out of a corolla, but then realized how versatile my car was, and would have been more exciting had my car not been weighted down.
    Sorry for the non-kill post, but still makes me want to mod even more =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are you kidding me?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Ummm.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

05 toyota corolla xrs?? maybe?? has the same engine as gts detuned by 10hp but that engine is potent to mods. Traps around 91-92mph from what i remember. Stock wrx/wagon trap around 93-95?? with you having more weight and maybe even starting at the wrong point probably hurt you. If you go from a point where his in vvtli or very close to it and your off boost anything can happen. Thats my guess atleast.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2

they did horrible job of launching and trap was 90 but i know i've seen stock xr's do 15.3-15.5 range at 90-92mph with good launches.
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 06-09-2005 at 06:40 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Why even bother?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Why even bother?

this isnt a kill post. his a stock wrx which only traps a few mph, show itself shows why they bothered.

im guessing its the xrs
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    05 toyota corolla xrs?? maybe?? has the same engine as gts detuned by 10hp but that engine is potent to mods. Traps around 91-92mph from what i remember. Stock wrx/wagon trap around 93-95?? with you having more weight and maybe even starting at the wrong point probably hurt you. If you go from a point where his in vvtli or very close to it and your off boost anything can happen. Thats my guess atleast.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2

they did horrible job of launching and trap was 90 but i know i've seen stock xr's do 15.3-15.5 range at 90-92mph with good launches.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

its a sad day when someone posts a death by corrola on a wrx forum... hmmmm...
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    its a sad day when someone posts a death by corrola on a wrx forum... hmmmm...
    better look out. those are VVTLI monsters y0
    Last edited by Mid117; 06-18-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Was it an older corolla with an AE86? Those cars can be pretty fast.

nah not an 86, def the new corolla, It was super dark no street lights so couldnt see badge.
    It wasnt really a death, I let him pass me while im cruising, then he let off, stuck his hand out, and went again, so then i gave chase about 3-4 carlengths back, end of 3rd gear I'm back on his tail, shift to fourth, loose another 1/2 car length, stick with him but not enough time to get turbo wound up, and we shut down. Given more time I would have crawled past him. Still, just sayin would have like to have had a more clear victory, thats why cats are gettin drilled out today =)

Damn, just last week me and my sis were cruising home at around midnight, and we shut down this corolla S like 4 times. Everytime he went wot my sis said that it sounded like his engine was going to break . I can't believe he beat you, you need some mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    better look out. those are vvti monsters y0

VVTLI

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    VVTLI
    fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast