WRX vx jdm SI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vx jdm SI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How would an 02 wrx with uppipe, turboback do against a 99 Civic SI with a JDM 170hp engine with ...

WRX vx jdm SI

How would an 02 wrx with uppipe, turboback do against a 99 Civic SI with a JDM 170hp engine with headers, exhaust?

I haven't raced him yet but just curious as to how close it would be.

From a dig and from a roll.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from a roll it may be pretty close

with a good launch from a stop you will most likely take him. I've never seen jdm type R's in action before
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

agreed..............
    "Failure is an orphin, sucsees has many fathers's"

from a dig you should have NO TROUBLE what-so-ever putting some good distance on him. From a roll it might be a bit closer considering he will be trapping about 95/96mph or so, but with your mods you should be trapping about 98mph so I would not be too worried either way.. just make sure you have the right gear selection on the rolling run.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by sadd16
    How would an 02 wrx with uppipe, turboback do against a 99 Civic SI with a JDM 170hp engine with headers, exhaust?

I haven't raced him yet but just curious as to how close it would be.

From a dig and from a roll.
    Hachback or 4door? If it's a 4door he will be no problem but the hatchback might put up a good fight from a roll. Make sure you shift quickly cause that is where you will loose the race going against a high revving Honda.

This one is a coupe, figured his top end would be stronger than the wrx.

what does a stock wrx trap in a 1/4 mile?
    and wiht my mods, how much would that improve on my 1/4 mile time? Let's just say i'm a decent driver and I know how to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by sadd16
    This one is a coupe, figured his top end would be stronger than the wrx.

what does a stock wrx trap in a 1/4 mile?
    and wiht my mods, how much would that improve on my 1/4 mile time? Let's just say i'm a decent driver and I know how to launch.

Stock wrx runs the 1/4 in mid to low 14s at 95mph or so. With your mods you are good for low 14s to high 13s at 98mph or so, thats give or take a few mph.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

sweet, i'd like to see how i do on a drag strip sometime.

Coming from a 99 EM1 B16A2 Si....i can easily say that if youre a 5spd WRX with not too many miles on it....youll pwn the Si regardless of it being JDM or USDM B16A....

doesnt matter if its from a roll or a dead stop...Good luck.
    revving to 8,500 rpm while shifting is another totally diffrent expreince than driving a rex.

On my Si with a Full Catback, Intake, Kamikazee Header, Light Weight exedy FlyWheel, organic clutch and a Jackson Racing Supercharger ...i was only able to put down about 187 whp along with a 14.7 sec 1/4 mile. (still wasnt a match for a stock rex)

Have Fun Racing Him

On a side note ....

Headers, Intake and exhaust are only good for about 5-6 extra whp on a EM1 Si.....

the B16A's are pretty much maxed out from the factory the basic IHE does little for them.

I raced a 97 hatchback with a GSR swap at the track back when I was basically stock (just a catback at the time). I beat him in ET and trap speed running a 14.4@95 to his 14.8@93, and he had full supporting mods as well (i/h/e, s-afc and i think some other little mods), so you shouldnt have too much of a problem.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I raced a 97 hatchback with a GSR swap at the track back when I was basically stock (just a catback at the time). I beat him in ET and trap speed running a 14.4@95 to his 14.8@93, and he had full supporting mods as well (i/h/e, s-afc and i think some other little mods), so you shouldnt have too much of a problem.
    That is a poor example though... The guy you came across was a rather poor driver than. If his car was running/driven properly he should have hung with you and even beaten your 14.4@95

B18C1 hatches are quick cars with supporting mods. GSR Integra's are good for mid to high 14's with bolt on's and you add in the fact that a hatch weighs about 400lbs less and you have a 14.3-14.5 1/4-mile time and trapping about 97mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Agreed it depends on the driver, I had a 00' Si coupe with a few different engine setups. My fastest all motor was 14.6 w/ a B18C1 block and B16A2 head and tranny(gsr cams, skunk2 cam gears and intake manifold, dc header, tanabe cat back, aem fuel rail, fpr, and filter, v-afc) but it was tuned well and had a lot of weight reduction. Also i drove that car like there was no tomorrow when i was at the track. Although back to your situation, i only had the chance to run one wrx back then, it was a black 02'-03' and i lost. However it was on the street so i have no idea what he had done, we never talked.

I have to say that when it comes to civics, I have no idea anymore... Some of them are pretty damn fast, and act more like Supra's on the highway when modded enough. Problem with them is that they are soooo light weight, so they need next to no power to still hang.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I know a guy with a stock jdm ITR motor in a 95 coupe civic. He has exhaust and intake all that stuff. ITR trannys have Limited slip and I have seen his car run 14.00 all day long at the track. That was of course with one seat and almost no interior left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.