BMW's keep trying to race me...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on BMW's keep trying to race me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've come across 2 BMW's with loud snarling exhausts trying to race me... and they both were middle aged guys ...

BMW's keep trying to race me...

I've come across 2 BMW's with loud snarling exhausts trying to race me... and they both were middle aged guys and were both jackasses. One was an 8-series and one was a 7-series. In both cases I pulled on them after they tried to race me and they weren't too happy.

Anyways, i dunno too much about these cars but i did some research but i'm still confused... all i can make sense of it is the 8-series ran mostly v12's of varying displacement, and there was one v8. 7-series ran v8's, but also had v12's. I dunno much more. Anyone know what these bimmers are capable of? I found photo's of what they look like...

8-series

7-series

I guess these are expensive cars... definitely have big engines... no wonder they were so pissed to get beat by a 4 cylinder 20k car. Anyways, my stage 4 is the weakest stage 4 i have seen, so if i can do it, you can too! Or just don't waste your gas.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    Anyways, i dunno too much about these cars but i did some research but i'm still confused... all i can make sense of it is the 8-series ran mostly v12's of varying displacement, and there was one v8. 7-series ran v8's, but also had v12's. I dunno much more. Anyone know what these bimmers are capable of?
    The 8-series came in 2 variations, 840 w/ a 250hp 5.0L V8 or 850 w/ a 290?hp 6.0L V12...
    Both are fast, but more suited to high speed than accelleration

The 7-series came w/ the same engines, but was less aerodynamic and heavier...

I don't know what kinda times they run tho... would guess 15 sec range...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Both the 7 and 8 seriese have big engines.....but they need them to haul around BIG cars. the V12's in the 8 seriese were supposed to be awesome engines, but the cars are alot heavier than they look (I believe the 4000lb+ area), and the 7 seriese is probably over the 2 ton mark as well, although I'm just guessing right now. from what I've seen they're both low 14@around 100 to mid 15 second cars depending on engine option, so a stage 4 wrx should have no problem with one.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

stage 4 should kill any of them without a doubt
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

yeah the 8 series was discontinued because it was so heavy like you said. but bmw was rumored to have been working on v-12 m8 with like 500 horsepower back in the early/mid 90s. now that would have been a race.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

ah, so they think a loud exhaust that makes them sound like a ferrari, makes them fast as one.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    ah, so they think a loud exhaust that makes them sound like a ferrari, makes them fast as one.
    They are as fast... Well if they trim about 2000lbs of weight.

I just destroyed a 745i about 30 min ago I know it wasnt a 2006 and I doubt it was the V12 based on how bad I spanked him. I bet it was a 2005 with the 4.4L V8 that makes about 325hp I think and weighing in at a beefy 4400lbs. Anyways, it was some kid who looked about 18-19 probably driving daddy's car on a Sat night. He turned right into my lane causing me to have to switch into the left lane, the streets were clear and he couldnt wait 2 more seconds for me to go by I pass him at around 50mph and I see him gun it behind me so I ease off and let him get beside me. I punched it at around 55mph and put about 6 lengths on him by 90ish. We came up to a red light and he wanted to try it again. Light goes green and it wasnt really close, I had close to a buslength on him when I let up around 80

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.