98 Cutlas with a 75 shot?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 98 Cutlas with a 75 shot? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has decided that he has to keep up with the rest of the crew, so he got him ...

98 Cutlas with a 75 shot?

My friend has decided that he has to keep up with the rest of the crew, so he got him self a 75 shot. Hes swearing he's going to beat my car, close to stage 3. He puts down around 160 to the ground plus the shot he figures he at 235, where I dyno at 238.
    He has the basic mods, cai, catback bigger maf, and a 3100 motor. Is this even close to a race? I only wonder from a roll, because the factory turbo is a terd after 70...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you have awd, why would you agree to race only from a roll? youre throwing away a huge advantage there.

hell in my protege i could almost take a stock STi from a roll (maybe lose by 1.5 cars or there abouts, not bad for a 14k dollar car with a 3500 turbo kit), but from a stop was bus lengths of defeat.

Banned
    with good driving, you'd take him

I Support ClubWRX
    He's got teh NAAAAWWWZ!!!

hope it blows the welds on his in--

...nevermind.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Nitrous Express is the only company that rates its shots at the wheels. Every other company is rated at the flywheel.

SOOOOO... unless he runs a 75shot of NX, he wont have nearly 235whp.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    Nitrous Express is the only company that rates its shots at the wheels. Every other company is rated at the flywheel.

SOOOOO... unless he runs a 75shot of NX, he wont have nearly 235whp.
    Exactly. That's also providing everything is working PERFECT. Odds are he'll probably see about 35whp or so from it.

Hes got the NX kit, so hes pretty sure hes got close to 220 roughly, and anything above that is cake. He wants to get it dynoed in 2 weeks, then hit the track in 3 weeks...

I figure from a dig, I got him easily with a good run...

Nitrous is like "Right Now" when you hit the button, no spool up time, instant gratification put to the wheels. Depending on his other mods and how well his car performs, from a roll he sure may surprise you. So while you are still building revs he has all the available power of the Nitrous the split second he hits the juice. Watch out....
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

i'm curious to find out the outcome of this, plz keep us updated.

this guy i know has a cutlass and he has cams and basic bolt ons and he runs 14.9 his best time. i dunno if its all true, since he wants to race my stage 2 for a 100 dollars. so lemme know how u do, if u barely beat him, i have a vf30 in my closet too.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.