My Sleeper WRX vs Sleeper STi

This is a discussion on My Sleeper WRX vs Sleeper STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So this actually happened a while ago, but I was cruising along with my friend and we see a white ...

My Sleeper WRX vs Sleeper STi

So this actually happened a while ago, but I was cruising along with my friend and we see a white 04 "WRX" with STi wheels and we both comment on how nice it looks. I drive by and give a peace sign. I then punch it to get ahead of some cars to merge.

Next thing I know he gets on the gas to try and race me... my friend and I both laugh cuz I have embarassed MANY noobs who think they're fast. (and since WRX owners never did this whole ricer street racer thing to each other before) So he tells me to teach him a lesson and I get on the gas...

I pull on him slightly, then we were even. My friend and I were both shocked since I'm usually waving "bye bye" to them at this point... even with the 2-3 car length lead he had. But we noticed the exhaust, rear suspension, brakes, etc. were all factory STi. In fact, the car was an STi with a wingless WRX trunk swap and WRX fog lights.

Anyways, it was a nice little meeting of the sleepers... thought I'd share. (Yes, my car is yellow, but its quiet with no blow off valve or intake mod or whistling downpipe so it sounds like a stock WRX with a muffler... add vf22 "stage 4" power and its a sleeper)
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL sweet!
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Done in by a bigger sleeper.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

so he would be considered the sleepiest of the sleepers?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

nice race, I love sleepers

haha. well if he weren't a few car lengths ahead to start with, it'd be even or i would be slightly ahead... but i dont care. my latest tune isnt too good for drag racing... its actually slower than my last tune in that aspect. as i said, i dont really race much on the street since i save it for legal venues. just rare when someone runs me on the street and doesn't get blown away. Damn sneaky STi... pretending to be a slow ass WRX. It was fun though.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    so he would be considered the sleepiest of the sleepers?

LOL i think your right........................
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Sounds like a fun encounter!

No offense though, but I dont see how your car is a sleeper. Bright yellow with hood scoop and exhaust. The only thing that sets you apart from any other stage 4 car is they typically have a bov.

Sleeper to me would mean no hood scoop, stock muffler (w/ electric cutout), and no wrx badges.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    haha. well if he weren't a few car lengths ahead to start with, it'd be even or i would be slightly ahead... but i dont care. my latest tune isnt too good for drag racing... its actually slower than my last tune in that aspect. as i said, i dont really race much on the street since i save it for legal venues. just rare when someone runs me on the street and doesn't get blown away. Damn sneaky STi... pretending to be a slow ass WRX. It was fun though.
    Sonic, was that you with the covered Hellas getting off the 60 freeway at Euclid and heading north this past Sunday morning? Not a lot of yellow bugeyes in my area and I'm taking a wild guess.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.