Road & Track Long Term Test

This is a discussion on Road & Track Long Term Test within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; R&T staffers have been doing a long term test on the WRX. So far the car has been quite good ...

Road & Track Long Term Test

R&T staffers have been doing a long term test on the WRX. So far the car has been quite good and receives some pretty high marks. They've got about 14K miles on the car now.

The interesting thing to note is that the clutch shudder issue has now begun to show its ugly little head. They described the problem as follows: "The clutch has begun to chatter during engagement and does so rather violently when the engine is cold. When the engine is warm, the chatter goes away." Next installment will include a report of the Dealer's fix.

Do you thiknk SOA will treat R&T as miserably as they treat us lowly, non-publisher types? I hope they don't void R&T's warranty. Or maybe SOA will accuse the R&T writers of racing and send them out the door with their tails between their legs.

misterx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

probably kiss butt, even give em a free pine tree air freshner
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I was talking to BlueScooby yesterday, and he took his car in for the shudder. The dealership replaced his clutch and fly wheel all under warranty! THEN, they told him he's a bastard, and he shouldn't be drag racing his car
    Last edited by WRXin'; 10-07-2002 at 06:55 AM.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

The R&T car had a broken windscreen, too!

misterx

Originally posted by MisterX
    The R&T car had a broken windscreen, too!

misterx
    If you're talking about the windshield, I think they're really fragile on our cars. A rock hit mine the second week I had my car and it had a huge crack. I've seen way too many rexes with a cracked windshield. It makes me wonder whether it's the quality of the windshield, or we were all just unfortunate. I believe the former to be the cause. Any thoughts?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I had a rock hit my car and crack the winshield half way across within the first week of having the car. It cost $250 to replace it. It's hard to say about the winshield because it sounded like a really big rock to hit it.