My STi vs 05 GTO

This is a discussion on My STi vs 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We went from a 50 roll. I pulled a car on him buy 100. that is all........

My STi vs 05 GTO

We went from a 50 roll. I pulled a car on him buy 100. that is all.....
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good story...............

they are damn fast considering your mods.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Anyone see any numbers on a stock 05 gto... and i am assuming this is a manual
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

nice, Ryan
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

gto's will clock in around 2 tons with a driver but 05's will put down 350whp on pump. It may have been an 04 with an 05 hood. That was a pretty common way of getting rid of them around here.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    gto's will clock in around 2 tons with a driver but 05's will put down 350whp on pump. It may have been an 04 with an 05 hood. That was a pretty common way of getting rid of them around here.
    yeah, I saw a local GTO meet in schaumburg by the Chipotle while I was getting lunch (GTO owners are dumb sh!ts... They were showing off their "mighy beasts" by running through the parking lot lighting up tires and taking the car upto like 60mph with people around ) and I saw a few 04's with an 05' hood.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I wish i could do burn outs .... yes fun but what a waste. Anyway silly american car guys they all think they have s/c vipers with 200 shots well no u have a v8 and just because u have double the cylinders doesn't mean u are god of the roads. Sorry just had a stupid trans am try to mess with me yesterday.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

There's no mistaking the two years. An 04 traps around 101-102; the 05 traps 109+. Not even close from a roll.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    I wish i could do burn outs .... yes fun but what a waste. Anyway silly american car guys they all think they have s/c vipers with 200 shots well no u have a v8 and just because u have double the cylinders doesn't mean u are god of the roads. Sorry just had a stupid trans am try to mess with me yesterday.
    Yeah we all think that. Don't be a meat head.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH

The license plate was 05GOAT. It had the hood 6.0 on the back w/ duel exhausts. It was a 05
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    The license plate was 05GOAT. It had the hood 6.0 on the back w/ duel exhausts. It was a 05
    Hmm, not sure I believe this one. The LS2 from a high roll usually=death for a 4 cyln. 50-100mph is where they make ALOT of their hp and tq.

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Hmm, not sure I believe this one. The LS2 from a high roll usually=death for a 4 cyln. 50-100mph is where they make ALOT of their hp and tq.
    OK you do realize that he has 300whp/331wtq right? This is probably good enough for 108+mph traps and he said he only pulled a car on him. What's not to believe?
    2005 Aspen White STi

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, I saw a local GTO meet in schaumburg by the Chipotle while I was getting lunch (GTO owners are dumb sh!ts... They were showing off their "mighy beasts" by running through the parking lot lighting up tires and taking the car upto like 60mph with people around ) and I saw a few 04's with an 05' hood.
    Actually, I was there on Saturday with my red 04 GTO with an 05 hood at around 1:30. We were getting the factory shiftlights/buzzers in the cars programmed to come on at redline (different setup than the STi's... GTO isn't manually adjustable...) along with a few other tweaks by a programmer that flew in from Philadelphia for a small group of us from all over Chicagoland that got it organized. The few runs that I saw people do before the storm hit, were done in the parking lot in front of the empty stores, but I don't know what occurred prior to 1:30. They were done with the purpose of testing the activation of the shiftlight so as not to bang off the revlimiter. So program, adjust, program, adjust, etc... until correct. I went out on Barrington to do my redline runs up through 2nd gear, as I didn't really feel it was appropriate in the parking lot either. Still tough to do full throttle runs without looking like a jackass to bystanders that don't know what's going on, though. I can't speak for all the guys there, as I didn't know many of them, and there may have very well been a few dumb sh!ts there. But I've seen my fair share of dumb sh!ts in WRX's too. Just remember: It doesn't matter what car it is, you'll eventually find a dumb-ass behind the wheel.

As for the kill story, I find it entirely believable. Trapspeeds are probably pretty close, and a car length at 100 mph is equivalent to about 1mph or 1/10 of a second.

Anyway, I save my stupid Firehawk with 400 rwhp on motor and 480 on N2O for when I want to really act like an American JackAss with a V8.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

good kill. that is all.....