05 WRX vs 03 SVT Focus
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 WRX vs 03 SVT Focus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah yeah, I know what your thinking but hear me out...My best friend from College lives up in Cinci, Ohio ...

05 WRX vs 03 SVT Focus

Yeah yeah, I know what your thinking but hear me out...My best friend from College lives up in Cinci, Ohio and I went to see him last weekend, he has a 03 SVT Focus with about 11k miles on it. He has a CAI and that is it. I am stage 1 (although only getting 13.8 boost) with a drop in K&N and that is it.

When I get there he says that the stock SVT Focus put down 150 to the wheels with his CAI maybe 152 or 153 to the wheels. So I am thinking, my stage 1 probably puts down about 180 and I have an extra 200 lbs, so with those numbers he shouldn't be that far off from a roll So we decided to go out crusing It was pretty bad, from a roll I pulled on him so bad I didn't think he was racing, but apparently he was because he told me he was going all out. From dig it was an immediate washington monument length then I shut it down. On the plus side for the SVT, it sounds really good and it handles better then I could hope to, but not much for straighline performance. He was pretty depressed afterwards because he bought the SVT Focus so he could match up with my SVT Contour, but now that I have the WRX, it's not much of a battle.

Anyway, it is still a cool car, I have always been a big SVT fan, and probably always will...
    2013 WRX SWP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tell him to supercharge it. My firend SVT is putting down about/almost 200whp.

awd > two wheel drive

from your experience that pretty much proves it. Just like
    the WRX > rsx races. They seem pretty close in hp, but
    in real life situations, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

if two car have equal whp,body weight,and driver.
    The awd will mostly win from a dig.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    tell him to supercharge it. My firend SVT is putting down about/almost 200whp.
    It's very expensive though. The kit cost like 3500 and that isn't even installed. I imagine it would be a pretty rough install. To me it seems like those kits loose some power somewhere, Car and Driver just did a test with the Jackson Supercharger and the car ran a 14.9 at 93 MPH It didn't seem to add up
    2013 WRX SWP

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    awd > two wheel drive

you're only talking about launches with normal street cars right? Not for handling, or say mustangs with huge slicks that have so much push and grip that it launches the front of the car into the air? Or civics that have to run wheelie bars to keep the front from coming up so they can run 8 and 9 seconds?

Because I thought everyone said awd was easier to handle because it was more forgiving but rwd was better handling if you know how to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    awd > two wheel drive

from your experience that pretty much proves it. Just like
    the WRX > rsx races. They seem pretty close in hp, but
    in real life situations, NOT EVEN CLOSE.
    :
    depends which real life situation you are refering to. From a roll, a 200whp RSX-S will beat a 200whp wrx.. same scenario goes for many cars. Yes AWD is great for launches, but you are talking about "real life situation" and many races occur from a roll.
    And as for the AWD > Two wheel drive... that is not always true either. Go try and tell that to some of the Mustang and GNX owners that get 60' times better than any wrx/sti could hope for.

AWD is great, but you must thoroughly analyze the situation before making claims such as the above.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.