Stage 2 Wagon vs. Nissan Spec V
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Wagon vs. Nissan Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a young fellow in a Spec V with exhaust and Gawdy wing follow me for awhile last night. As ...

Stage 2 Wagon vs. Nissan Spec V

Had a young fellow in a Spec V with exhaust and Gawdy wing follow me for awhile last night. As we were approaching a red light I was in the right lane and the left lane was clear so I was expecting him to swing in the far lane and line up...but he didn't. So as the light turns green I ease off and then I hear his exhaust as he guns it around me to take the lane???? He gets maybe a half car by the time I get on it...by the end of first I am by him and then end of second he is way back and then gives up...At the next light we exchange smiles and nods and he remarks how much his car sucks...How do you reply to that?
    Last edited by scott144; 06-06-2005 at 08:57 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

those cars don't suck, they handle well. if he's into drag he should have got something else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    At the next light we exchange smiles and nods and he remarks how much his car sucks...How do you reply to that?
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106542

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Some kid in a Spec V raced me in my Stage 1 wagon and the results were the same,nice kill.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

SpecV def. does not suck. The performance on the car is rather impressive for what you pay for it and potential is not half bad either. But the guy cannot go around racing cars making 60whp more than he does

Good Kill.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the specV is quite a car, i'd be proud to own one. the 2.5 engine isnt overpowering but enough torque to induce some wheelspin. overall very fun car for fairly little money (especially when nissan likes to pass out their insane rebates).

unfortauntely, it did go ugly after 2003. but at least they got optional brembos.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

D-A-M-N... very nice video. I'ved always liked the Spec-V... and I can't believe it killed 2 Evos... amazing.

Thanks for the respect guys. As a Spec-V owner, it does have its limits but as the aftermarket is starting to open up things are looking alot brighter.

On a side note, while my friends WRX kills me off the line I dont do a bad job of keeping up with him on the highway.

nice kill.

this is what love about this forum. a group of WRX owners giving props to a spec-v and not saying its just a POS sentra or something.

WHATTA POS SENTRA!!!!!1one11

just kidding. the specV caught my eye the first time i saw it at my neighbor's house.

now there's like.. a better one, right? but what's it called?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

Dang you guys are cool. Its rare that you find a board for another car giving props to a Spec V. The turbo one in the Evo video is mine. She's a blast to drive.

I still want an STi though...

Quote Originally Posted by Vektra
    nice kill.

this is what love about this forum. a group of WRX owners giving props to a spec-v and not saying its just a POS sentra or something.
    Werd. You guys are pretty cool (except for that thing I asked what was up with the limehat cats and got flamed over it) but its cool to know that I can come on here even though I drive a lowly Sentra and not get bash.

I sold my 2002 SpecV for an '04 STi. I really wish now that the FI kits were available two years ago like they are now. I would have loved to have it as a straight line sleeper for a while. It was a quirky car with great handling and alot of personality.

As it was, torque steer and understeer was an issue at autocross. It plows easy with the torque in 2nd gear. I used an RSB and Falkens to tame it a bit, but I can't imagine with 270-300WHP (and 2700lbs)! But it would be a blast for making some eyes pop out from a roll.

Like they said, great to see a forum that's not all negative about other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thAche
    I sold my 2002 SpecV for an '04 STi. I really wish now that the FI kits were available two years ago like they are now. I would have loved to have it as a straight line sleeper for a while. It was a quirky car with great handling and alot of personality.

As it was, torque steer and understeer was an issue at autocross. It plows easy with the torque in 2nd gear. I used an RSB and Falkens to tame it a bit, but I can't imagine with 270-300WHP (and 2700lbs)! But it would be a blast for making some eyes pop out from a roll.

Like they said, great to see a forum that's not all negative about other cars.

I remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec Me Turbo
    Dang you guys are cool. Its rare that you find a board for another car giving props to a Spec V. The turbo one in the Evo video is mine. She's a blast to drive.

I still want an STi though...
    nice car man!

Do you have any pictures of it?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast