WRX vs EVO8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs EVO8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Which car is a better deal? for its performace and looks?...

WRX vs EVO8

Which car is a better deal? for its performace and looks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My opinion...

Evo 8 vs sti...is the real matchup...

Sti for looks.

Evo for performance...just my .02
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

The evo8 is on a totally different performance level stock vs stock vs a wrx. Now if it was the sti you were comparing, then Id take the sti, but a regular wrx vs evo8, an evo8 is definitely a better performer, and as far as looks, thats always subjective but I think they look alright as well, but too me its just like the wrx/sti, its not all about the looks if you want performance, but it will be more expensive than a wrx unless you buy used. Also about the evo is that its mitsubishi and I never liked them from all the horrible experiences all my friends had with mitsu's so I would just buy a wrx to avoid the headache of dealing with possible problems and mitsu service.

you could search and find A LOT on this topic.

The Evo is a much much much better performance machine than the WRX. Hands down.

I better comparison would be Evo vs. STi... in which the better car is in the eye of the driver. When comparing everything, the STi is a better daily driver, but the Evo is STILL the superior performance machine.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

my two cents

If the STi or EVO had been out before I spent too much on my WRX, I'd have one of them instead. If I planned to keep it close to stock (engine management/TBE/small FMIC), I'd be more comfortable in an STi without its scoop and wing. If I wanted to create an AWD monster, I'd opt for the EVO and not really care how it looked.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Flip a coin for your choice of an Evo or STi. Evo has much better performance than a wrx though.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

IMO EVO>STi>WRX.

srt-4 is fastAr

i know you guys are biased, but i really think the EVo looks about 10 times better than the STi.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    srt-4 is fastAr
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    i know you guys are biased, but i really think the EVo looks about 10 times better than the STi.
    +1gillion
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    +1gillion
    +2 gillion. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    I agree.

neither car is really a "looker" but the evo catches my eye better than the STi does for some reason. I just like the idea of the STi's reliability, better interior and better build quality.. but there is no doubt that the Evo is the superior sports car here.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i think the wing is disgusting on the STi and the car too bubbly looking. the Evo has a meaner, more serious look.

granted i drive a bubbly looking wrx but thats because i cant afford an evo. i still love the subbies but one to one i would never even consider an STi unless the price difference was so exorbitant that i had to chose the STi.

anyway, all three cars are still wonderful cars.

Nice kill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.