Destroyed RX8 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Destroyed RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; bully...

bully

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As a former RX8 owner, I can tell you that they aren't all show and no go. I had a 6M, and it would run pretty well, especially from a roll. They have terrible wheel hop from a dig, but the power band from 5K-9K is pretty sweet. A stock rex will eat them alive, because I think that although Mazda mistated HP in the beginning (250 originally vs. 238 later on) many on the RX8 forum think that the car is actually pushing even less. To get the 5.9 0-60 time, you need to do a clutch dump at around 7K, which means that you won't be doing many of those. I love my rex, but the 8 is a pretty sweet ride too. Just my $.02.

Couple months ago they where doing $4500+ rebates here in town o get rid of the Rx8s, ad had some mazdas up to 8 grand back. Im pretty sure the cash back went higher though.

my first race with my rex was against a 1990 mustang 5.0

i have a horrible start...i ddint even launch. and i till whomped him by many car lenghts. we are both stock

wow that first paragraph was the longest run-on ever. aside from being the grammar police good kill.

lol im not the best typer

lol

30k for a new auto RX8? That seems like way too much. Must have been fully loaded. I can't understand why an enthusiast would get an auto RX8 (I'm guessing he's an enthusiast, considering he was scoping out your car, and wanted to race, etc).

Well the RX8 is the only current market car with a rotary engine. That may not mean much to us who like our flat fours, but it is something unique. And with the right internal mods and stronger rotors, I'm sure you can get the engine speed up to 15K. Seriously, My dad owns a RX7 and sure enough I've seen it hit 15,000 RPMs durring auto-crossing of course.. not on the street. But my WRX still beats it hands down. So Flat Four VS. Rotary?? My votes for Flat Four.

If you only drag race then RX8 is not threat to WRX, but if you take a RX8 to a road track you better have some suspension mods to back your WRX. Otherwise the RX8 will leave you behide just like you did to him on a drag race.

Quote Originally Posted by DINO
    If you only drag race then RX8 is not threat to WRX, but if you take a RX8 to a road track you better have some suspension mods to back your WRX. Otherwise the RX8 will leave you behide just like you did to him on a drag race.
    ^^^

comon guys, we should respect a car like the RX8 not for the outrageous power it produces but the fine suspension and chassis Mazda tuned. stock for stock, i m sure the rx8 would eat the wrx alive in any type of track and/or road racing. dont turn into a srt4 thread now...then our cars would be the f4st4r.

oh yeah, the rx8 is still a sexy car...both interior and exterior is so sweet
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

Exactly, but i heard the car have so many problems. I went to a track day last weekend (road type) and the guy that owns a RX8 said the car have to warm for 6min in winter and 3min in summer before he drive. Otherwise the gasoline will flood the engine and you have to tow it to the dealer. It happen to him twice.

the auto only has like 198 HP, i think the 6spd is like 240 or 250. huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DINO
    Exactly, but i heard the car have so many problems. I went to a track day last weekend (road type) and the guy that owns a RX8 said the car have to warm for 6min in winter and 3min in summer before he drive. Otherwise the gasoline will flood the engine and you have to tow it to the dealer. It happen to him twice.
    its only good to let them warm up so the aluminum and other metal compnents of the rotary can expand to the same size.

the reason the engine floods is because when you start a rotary cold it will idle at 2-3k rmp for a few minutes so it can warm up quicker. but if you shut it off during that warming process the enging will flood. so you would have to wait for it to get completly warm.

and to unflood the ening alls you have to do is disconect the coil thing under the battery and undo the spark plugs, give it WOT and crank the engine. takes like 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsahui2
    ^^^

comon guys, we should respect a car like the RX8 not for the outrageous power it produces but the fine suspension and chassis Mazda tuned. stock for stock, i m sure the rx8 would eat the wrx alive in any type of track and/or road racing. dont turn into a srt4 thread now...then our cars would be the f4st4r.

oh yeah, the rx8 is still a sexy car...both interior and exterior is so sweet
    The topic was about drag racing. So our focus is on the RX-8 lack of power. Which is true not only to us members, but many others who would think so as well. It's not cricitism. It's more of a fact. Also, no one ever said the RX-8 can't handle. Handling wasn't even on this topic.

But your right about the looks of it. Sexy looking car...
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 06-10-2005 at 12:21 AM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.