STi vs supacharged s2k ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs supacharged s2k ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright I have an 05 STi with k&n typhoon and borla cat-back and my brother just supercharged his 03 s2000 ...

STi vs supacharged s2k ?

Alright I have an 05 STi with k&n typhoon and borla cat-back and my brother just supercharged his 03 s2000 I'm wondering how I will do against him since he now has like 300whp in a much lighter car and a few weeks ago I just laughed when he said he could beat me well he's laughing now ..what do you guys think the outcome will be
    07 S2000..vortech..kw..comptech..volk

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it a vortech SC? They make around 270+ whp. I check the other forum and some s2k can do mid 12 to low 13, depend on their mods.
    here one s2k with vortech SC dyno:

I think its going to be close but the s2k going to win. you should aleast get an uppipe/downpipe and ecutek flash tho.

Yea I think top end the S2000 will leave you.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i ran one of those SC S2000 before and he inch me up at around 120mph,( but still cant make up the 2-3 car i pull before that) so i would say dont race him at speed exceed 110mph.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

He has the comptech sc..so from a roll he'll smoke me but from a dig I'll still have the advantage?
    07 S2000..vortech..kw..comptech..volk

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded

Quote Originally Posted by wrxpaul
    He has the comptech sc..so from a roll he'll smoke me but from a dig I'll still have the advantage?
    not necessarily.

You will have him out of the hole, but he WILL start to catch up..... The question is: when will he catch up?

He is making more whp than you AND weighs more than 400lbs less... Up to about 40-50mph you should hold a lead on him (not a big one, S2k's get off the line pretty fast for having little torque). About 60-70 he will be catching up and begining to pass you.. about 80-90 you are looking at his tail lights.

From a roll.... you will lose.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

this is why you slash tires.

from a roll you will lose
    from a dig, you will you will get the holeshot, but he will catch up
    get a downpipe and engine management, and you got him
    " I'm a bad man"

If it's anything like that chart, I'd think you would have a shot. 270whp 170ft/lbs of tq

what's an sti put down stock? 260whp/260ft/lbs tq?

If you are bone stock you will lose on a roll for sure. From a dig, you will take him, but not for long. Go full catless and get your car tuned. It'll be a much better outcome...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    If it's anything like that chart, I'd think you would have a shot. 270whp 170ft/lbs of tq

what's an sti put down stock? 260whp/260ft/lbs tq?
    Lets not forget the S2k weigh about 400-500lbs less than the STi. That helps it make up for some its lack of torque, as well as its ability to never taper off in power all the way til redline. In this case the S2k is the faster car. There is no debating that.
    Just call me Clark Kent

What kind of rubber is he running in back, if it's not a dr he's going to sit and spin for quite a while.If you can drive the **** out of your car you may have a shot at this. S2k's aren't exactly known for hooking out of the hole.

Just throw on some more bolton's and custom ecu tuning....... You'll be the one who's laughing.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

i think even a tuned catless sti will lose from a roll. Donnie pointed this out nicely, s2k is gonna make power till redline for an 03 is what? 8krpm. While sti keeps dying off after 6k. He will destroy you off a roll right now but you'll have a chance in a 1/4 mile race unless he has tires. Tuned catless sti i think will probably hold on in 1/4 mile but still lose off a roll.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    What kind of rubber is he running in back, if it's not a dr he's going to sit and spin for quite a while.If you can drive the **** out of your car you may have a shot at this. S2k's aren't exactly known for hooking out of the hole.
    I would assume that if he is running a comptech s/c and is fully tuned, he has sense enough to run decent tires. I just cant see him winning a 1/4mile run OR a rolling run... 0-60 though, yes.

go race already dammit!
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.