1st kill in my Legacy.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1st kill in my Legacy..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...and it was against a WRX Rolling north on 476, somwhere around wilkes-barre/whitehaven area, cruise set around 75-80 (if you ...

I Support ClubWRX

1st kill in my Legacy.....

...and it was against a WRX

Rolling north on 476, somwhere around wilkes-barre/whitehaven area, cruise set around 75-80 (if you know the road, you know that is the norm). See a set of bugeyes come up behind me. I'm in the right lane, he is in the left. I just let him go on by with a thumbs up out the window: No response...hmmm. No biggee. Traffic slows everyone down a few miles down the road. I get in left lane and hotfoot it a bit to get out of "gang of sheep" (thats what I call them).

I catch up with the WRB WRX with twin tip exhaust that passed me earlier, and he is the one holding up traffic.

Sooo...I wait...downshift to 4th....see my opening...and cruise next to him on the right...he punches it, nose goes up, rear squats..and pulls on me. But wait...

I punch it...pull back even and....whats this? Yep...just walked right on by. Didnt' expect it to be so drastic, but it was a nice solid walk that just got worse the faster we went. I hit rev limit in 4th 'cause I'm still getting used to the new tranny, shift to 5th, and then back out of it.

Waved to him again as he went by...wouldn't even look over. Oh well...I had a grin on my face.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 06-03-2005 at 07:27 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXceleration
    nice kill

Nice choice!

STi wasnt cutting it?
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

man you guys are still flamin...cant get any more pathetic....

ybn - do you have any mods done to your legacy?...the legacies are faster in a straight line due to the bigger motor of course but the wrx is better through the twisties
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Bah, a Legacy is just a slow old man's car. We know it didn't do all that
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

so when you ready to run my srt again with the new car scott? hey i'll even race it from a stop on street tires. hey i gotta get my shots in when i can right? seeing how i never actually beat your sti from a stop.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Man, you must get bored really easily. Within 2 years you have been through a wrx, sti and now driving a legacy GT.

anyways, nice kill.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The new lagacy is very fast. Stock WRX has no chance at any speed. Dude sounded like a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    The new lagacy is very fast. Stock WRX has no chance at any speed. Dude sounded like a$$.
    I wouldn't say "no chance". I dig race with both being good driver to 60mph and the wrx will not only be right with the legacy, but possibly edge it out. and in a 1/4 mile run (both with good drivers) the Legacy would be lucky to get more than 2 car lengths and in most cases it will be a drivers race with the legacy having an edge.

From a roll though, yes the legacy would walk over it.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the responces guys.

DTR--yeah I get bored, but mainly...wrx to STi--wanted more power. STi to Legacy, wanted to stop beating my head against the window in the STi...the ride just got to me. LGT has same potential as STi power wise, so I thought I'd explore that avenue. Plus, trade in values for STi are very beneficial right now, so ended up with signifantly lower payments with no money down...nice side benefit. Also..the ricers aren't trying to kill themselves to get up next to me now...I really like that part.

Since I have'nt launched the LGT yet, I have no clue how well it will do, but I suspect it's slower out of the hole than a WRX mainly due to it's significant squat and pitch. I think it's capable of a 13.8/13.9 in the quarter (with me driving) From a roll, yeah it walked that WRX pretty easy.

Brad--yeah right..I heard about your whooping on that poor bike. I doubt I stand a chance at this point. Give me another month though and we'll see...no drag slicks though!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

i think ,and i say i think motor trend has the wrx quicker in the quartermile that the
    legacy gt. the legacy i belive is heavier also. mind you i love the gt it is a very nice ride i have test driven 2 different ones,and i believe they are the ultimate sleeper car if done right

hahaahhaha good race scott. I bet you really enjoyed it

I guess it is all broken in?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

The launch really sucks. There's so much weight transfer the front tires spin pretty bad, plus the clutch isn't all that strong. I've been launching AWD for almost 15 years and my best in this car has been consistent 1.80s

FMIC + exhaust + stock ECU settings = 13.1 @ 104. I'll be snagging a FMIC as soon as they're in production. Eventaully it gets a fuel system & a Green -- then we'll have a sleeper
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M

FMIC + exhaust + stock ECU settings = 13.1 @ 104. I'll be snagging a FMIC as soon as they're in production. Eventaully it gets a fuel system & a Green -- then we'll have a sleeper
    WTF!
    LGT's are running those times with just a FMIC and exhaust

So then with a FMIC + full stageII setup (catless exhaust and EM) you could probably see high 12's at 106mph!
    If that is the case, I am VERY impressed with this car. Having an AWD family sedan that is running high 12's and trapping in LS1 territory loaded with options would be awesome!
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    WTF!
    LGT's are running those times with just a FMIC and exhaust

So then with a FMIC + full stageII setup (catless exhaust and EM) you could probably see high 12's at 106mph!
    If that is the case, I am VERY impressed with this car. Having an AWD family sedan that is running high 12's and trapping in LS1 territory loaded with options would be awesome!
    Here is what the guy actually has:
    stock turbo. stock intake manifold, etc, etc. Only thing not stock is up/dwn pipes, cat-back, intercooler (prototype fmic), utec (using stock map), and boost controller. Big heavy 18's, amps and computer crap in the car, and a spare tire in the trunk. He weighs 230 as well so the car is making decent power on the stock ecu. (his words and I hope he doesn't mind that I quoted him from another forum).

I think high 12's is going to be relatively easy with this platform. But man...that launch just sucks...you are looking at sky almost!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast