1st kill in my Legacy..... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 1st kill in my Legacy..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 Thanks for the responces guys. DTR--yeah I get bored, but mainly...wrx to STi--wanted more power. STi ...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Thanks for the responces guys.

DTR--yeah I get bored, but mainly...wrx to STi--wanted more power. STi to Legacy, wanted to stop beating my head against the window in the STi...the ride just got to me. LGT has same potential as STi power wise, so I thought I'd explore that avenue. Plus, trade in values for STi are very beneficial right now, so ended up with signifantly lower payments with no money down...nice side benefit. Also..the ricers aren't trying to kill themselves to get up next to me now...I really like that part.

Since I have'nt launched the LGT yet, I have no clue how well it will do, but I suspect it's slower out of the hole than a WRX mainly due to it's significant squat and pitch. I think it's capable of a 13.8/13.9 in the quarter (with me driving) From a roll, yeah it walked that WRX pretty easy.

Brad--yeah right..I heard about your whooping on that poor bike. I doubt I stand a chance at this point. Give me another month though and we'll see...no drag slicks though!!

yeah i got my butt handed to me tho by a gsxr 750. the bike i actually beat from what others were saying buy how i described was a older ninja 500 or so. that trap around 107 in stock form. i'm in no way a crotch rocket slayer with only 110-112mph traps. at least not yet.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Here is what the guy actually has:
    stock turbo. stock intake manifold, etc, etc. Only thing not stock is up/dwn pipes, cat-back, intercooler (prototype fmic), utec (using stock map), and boost controller. Big heavy 18's, amps and computer crap in the car, and a spare tire in the trunk. He weighs 230 as well so the car is making decent power on the stock ecu. (his words and I hope he doesn't mind that I quoted him from another forum).

I think high 12's is going to be relatively easy with this platform. But man...that launch just sucks...you are looking at sky almost!!
    So basically with the LGT on a catless setup with EM tuned (whether that be Utec or AP) + a FMIC and time of solid high 12's and possibly in towards mid 12's @ traps of 106/107mph!
    That is damn impressive to me. If this guy is on stock map running a 13.1 I see no reason why a more aggressive map with a good tune cant turn out times of 12.8 or so! That is badass.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed. I'm headed in the same direction, although I'll be swapping out the plastic (yeah..you read that right) intake manifold for an STi version, and the tmic with tabbed plastic (yep..again with the plastic) end tanks for either STi tmic, aftermarket tmic, or maybe fmic if the price isn't to astronomical. Since I'm headed that way, either a vf39 or 18g will fit right in there. Suspension first though, otherwise it will just keep nosing up into the sky.

Doubt I'll ever catch you though
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.