raced a black sti yesterday anyone know him
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on raced a black sti yesterday anyone know him within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; young dood, black sti.. had a catback or turboback not sure, cool guy. I assume from my area Brownsville,tx. Just ...

raced a black sti yesterday anyone know him

young dood, black sti.. had a catback or turboback not sure, cool guy. I assume from my area Brownsville,tx. Just trying to find out his mods.

we went from a stop and he jumped on me, like most awd do to me, then i hit boost and past him, shifted to second, but missed. he gained some ground, but after i got it in gear i left him behind. in the end, it was roughly a couple of bus lengths. again cool dood, just trying to see if he posts here. the car wasnt slow by any means, just thought it would be fun to race a sti finally.

what does a typical sti run in the 1/4 with a catback/turboback. thats all i know he had, cuz i saw it LOL.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by mike01svt; 06-03-2005 at 02:40 PM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With a good driver, I have seen STi's doing 12.6@108 w/ TBE and 12.9@104 stock. Depends on the driver. I have also seen STi's do 14.0@102. It's all in the driver.

Nice kill, what mods you got and what are your best runs.

Quote Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
    With a good driver, I have seen STi's doing 12.6@108 w/ TBE and 12.9@104 stock. Depends on the driver. I have also seen STi's do 14.0@102. It's all in the driver.

Nice kill, what mods you got and what are your best runs.

Stock i ran 13.5@104.

with the blower and the mail order tune i ran 12.6@115, I have since changed the tune since it sucked major ballz. I havent run it since the tune change. old tune that got me that 12.6 was 9.0-10.0 AFR accross the board. even at idle

I didnt find this out until i got my lm-1 wideband about 3 weeks ago and created my own tune. I want to head out to the track, but no time with work. If i had to gues i would say it runs low 12's to high 11's @120+ Timing is very conservative though, since i run pump gas.

i raced an sti once before and lost (was stock) but with the new tune, this was the first sti. that i got to race. was fun, and the driver was cool.

thanks for the info
    Last edited by mike01svt; 06-03-2005 at 03:13 PM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Wow, with your trap speed, you shouldn't have a problem taking out most upgraded STi's from a roll. But from a stop it's a whole different story. Sweet car.

Wow, with your trap speed, you shouldn't have a problem taking out most upgraded STi's from a roll. But from a stop it's a whole different story. Sweet car.

thanks man.. i LOVE the sti brakes... they rock. yeah the 115 trap is very slow for my car, it should have been 120+ .

I am more than sure it had to do with the air fuel being so screwed up. I guess the guy i raced doesnt post here. I am shooting for mid to high 600rwhp in my ride, last dyno it made 480rwhp at only 9psi. so i figure if i max out the s/c at 20psi i will hit it.. if there are no other restictions.. IE heads, cams. But anyhow the sti was pretty zippy from a stop, he had a good jump on me... damn AWD LOL.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

That's what I thought until I raced a Z06 in my Evo from a dig. I got off one the best launches ever, yet he kept up and eventually passed me in 2nd -spinning his tires the whole time. 400+ HP rwd cars and drag radials are a dangerous combination.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    That's what I thought until I raced a Z06 in my Evo from a dig. I got off one the best launches ever, yet he kept up and eventually passed me in 2nd -spinning his tires the whole time. 400+ HP rwd cars and drag radials are a dangerous combination.

damn, probably cuz they are soo light as well.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Should have been in the stang....lol.

9-10 A/F? Damn man! Was there gas dripping out of your exhaust?

going from 9/10 A/F to 11.5 should bump you to over 500 rwhp! Nice! You should be able to run LOW 11's with that much power. Even w/480 rwhp you should be low 11's. Get some rubber under there and launch on the limiter!!!
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    9-10 A/F? Damn man! Was there gas dripping out of your exhaust?

going from 9/10 A/F to 11.5 should bump you to over 500 rwhp! Nice! You should be able to run LOW 11's with that much power. Even w/480 rwhp you should be low 11's. Get some rubber under there and launch on the limiter!!!

yes there was gas.. you should see the garge door and floor. it is all stained with black.

I am possibly around mid to high 400's since i changed my timing tables to around 14* at the top

edit: also when i made 480rwhp i went lean up top, so i changed pumps to the 03 pumps and tank. so i am running a lot safer now. I would like to try against that sti again, it was fun.
    Last edited by mike01svt; 06-04-2005 at 06:08 PM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Quote Originally Posted by mike01svt
    yes there was gas.. you should see the garge door and floor. it is all stained with black.

I am possibly around mid to high 400's since i changed my timing tables to around 14* at the top

edit: also when i made 480rwhp i went lean up top, so i changed pumps to the 03 pumps and tank. so i am running a lot safer now. I would like to try against that sti again, it was fun.
    you should really lean out that a/f....your gonna destroy your motor running a 9:1 AF
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    you should really lean out that a/f....your gonna destroy your motor running a 9:1 AF
    fixed it already. didnt know it was that bad until i got my wideband in. now it's at 11.5 and the car runs tons better.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.