STi > SRT4 (0h n03z!!!) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi > SRT4 (0h n03z!!!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BSRT2004 I raced a stock Sti from 2nd gear roll up to about 95+ mph and I ...

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004
    I raced a stock Sti from 2nd gear roll up to about 95+ mph and I kept about a car length the whole time.
    I also raced another STi with an exhaust and a CAI and lost by about a car length and a half, and probably could have been more!!!!

Stopped and talked to the drivers both times, really cool people both times. But it sure doesn't take a lot for an STi to pull an SRT from a roll!!!!

no alone pulling bus lengths on one. i also race a sti multiple time in stock from and i lose by a half car. a few mods for each later and i'm on top by 2 cars. race from a dig i lose by 2 cars. its all fairly relavent.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive had a modded '03 cobra (when i say modded, all i saw that was modded was the exhaust...and honestly, judging from the results, thats probably it) only crawl a car length or 2 from 60-140 or so.

and i do know the srt4 WAS racing. i didnt do the flyby or anything on him...we sat next to each other for a bit then we both punched it....and then i walked him.

but of course it is all fiction, because the srt4 could never lose.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

ps- and you do realize a bus is only about 3 carlengths. i dont understand why its so hard to understand that a modded STi with one driver versus a (probably) stock SRT4 with 2-3 people in the car would lose ~6-9 car lengths in a race.

i think a car that "wasnt racing" would be a heck of a lot farther back than 9 cars by the time i was at 150.

Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan
    ps- and you do realize a bus is only about 3 carlengths. i dont understand why its so hard to understand that a modded STi with one driver versus a (probably) stock SRT4 with 2-3 people in the car would lose ~6-9 car lengths in a race.

i think a car that "wasnt racing" would be a heck of a lot farther back than 9 cars by the time i was at 150.
    just admit it, he wasnt racing and he still beat you. Dont you know that sti's are slow and srt-4's cant lose. Im suprised I havnt seen anyone pull the neon name calling, this place is much better than nasioc.

i think then your really under estamating your cars abilities. a 03cobra will trap 115 in stock form and usual boltons. cai and catback will get them 400+ and 120 traps. which in this case its very easily feasable to happen. 9 cars ahead is exspect if your hanging with modded cobras.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    i think then your really under estamating your cars abilities. a 03cobra will trap 115 in stock form and usual boltons. cai and catback will get them 400+ and 120 traps. which in this case its very easily feasable to happen. 9 cars ahead is exspect if your hanging with modded cobras.
    Hrmm that's strange the cobra at the track I ran against was trapping 105 lol. I give them 110 with slicks maybe, but not 115 bone stock.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    Hrmm that's strange the cobra at the track I ran against was trapping 105 lol. I give them 110 with slicks maybe, but not 115 bone stock.

i stand corrected.

http://www.al***eek.com/03faq.htm#_Toc35092447

down to 4.4 "what do 03 cobra run in the quarter mile stock" 105-110 is the range given.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i seriously, seriously doubt im running above even 350whp on a very generous dyno. of course, there is only one way to find out...but that aint happening anytime soon.
    ok, i stand corrected. i pulled on a car that has 380+whp on a generous reading dyno. i guess my car has more balls than i thought.

ok, i stand corrected. i pulled on a car that has 380+whp on a generous reading dyno. i guess my car has more balls than i thought.
    you better be at teh shootout now!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    you better be at teh shootout now!
    im still scurred from my last experience

STI vs SRT

When I was bone stock, I raced a few stock STI's, 2 of them being my friends, and it was a drivers race from a roll. Either I'd put half a car or they would. Now that I'm modded, most STI's just see my tail lights on the highway and I see theres from a dig
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    When I was bone stock, I raced a few stock STI's, 2 of them being my friends, and it was a drivers race from a roll. Either I'd put half a car or they would. Now that I'm modded, most STI's just see my tail lights on the highway and I see theres from a dig

It's pretty damn tough to get those STi's from a dig huh?? Same problem here cause they are insane from a dig.

On a side note, had a Chevy salesman tell me their Cobalt SS will beat my car in a 1/4 mile. I'm still waiting to race one, we have 3 in our city now, 2 reds and a blue!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

On a side note, had a Chevy salesman tell me their Cobalt SS will beat my car in a 1/4 mile. I'm still waiting to race one, we have 3 in our city now, 2 reds and a blue!!
    haha, hes wrong and youll be fine, they dyno like 200hp and 180tq. I had a saturn dealership (that was located in a mall, lol) tell me the ion redline would kick my ass and then he told me that saturn makes evos.

It's pretty damn tough to get those STi's from a dig huh?? Same problem here cause they are insane from a dig.

donnnie find a dyno and from what i remember it was 215whp,i dont think it would beat you but it could hang for a bit
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Right On

Dude, freakin STI's are monsters when it comes to Dig races, EVO owners are even afraid to go from a dig unless there clutch has been upgraded

I've raced 2 Cobalt SS already and it was like racing a bolt on RSX-S, they were way waaaay back

Greg
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast