rsx type s goes down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on rsx type s goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the other day I was out cruising with my friends and sighted a RSX type S, debadged with the ...

rsx type s goes down

So the other day I was out cruising with my friends and sighted a RSX type S, debadged with the aero kit. My friends wanted me to see if hed run, but he turned off at the next street and I had missed my chance.

Well, last night...I saw the same guy but I was alone. I knew he saw me, because he revved as I slowly drove by. It was on =). I ended up behind him and a truck just waiting for him to hit it. The truck turned and I heard him downshift and drop it hard. I shifted to second at 20 and gave it throttle to get boost up then floored it as I felt the kick. By then he was about 4 cars ahead but I quickly reeled him in. I was about half a length back but decided against passing as it was a public road. I stayed on him up to about 85 then dropped back and threw him the brights hoping hed slow down too and not risk anything.

He ended up keeping on going and I was like whatev, I proved my point.

Also had another race the night before last with a newer harley. Not sure what kind as theres so many out there and I can't tell one from another, but it wasn't impressively fast.

First run was from a stop. He launched first as I slipped the clutch and immediately started pulling him. A bus length ahead I slowed down and let him catch up. Thats when I heard his motor still roaring and dropped it to second. I waited for him to hit about a car length back then hit it at about 35 in 2nd and proceeded to not even let him pass me. Another hurting put on a bike. Im now 3/3 against bikes...but never any real ones ><
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bully

i never understood why people in rsx's think theyre fast. if youre gonna go honda, why not save some $$, get a hatch, and drop in an h22?
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    i never understood why people in rsx's think theyre fast. if youre gonna go honda, why not save some $$, get a hatch, and drop in an h22?
    Why don't we all just buy Yugo's and drop a 5.0 in them, then we will all be fast Seriously though, some people just want a nice car that is decently fast, not every one wants to trap the quarter at 120. The RSX is a very clean looking and nice car, and lets be honest, they do have some power...
    2013 WRX SWP

hey, lets play nice....

i wouldnt expect so much talk from a stage 2 sti
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

i wouldnt expect much from me period. i dont even have a car yet. i hate being 16. well. no i dont. but still.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

i wouldnt expect much from me period. i dont even have a car yet. i hate being 16. well. no i dont. but still.
    whats all that in ur sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO

Look at the last line of his sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Also had another race the night before last with a newer harley. Not sure what kind as theres so many out there and I can't tell one from another, but it wasn't impressively fast.

First run was from a stop. He launched first as I slipped the clutch and immediately started pulling him. A bus length ahead I slowed down and let him catch up. Thats when I heard his motor still roaring and dropped it to second. I waited for him to hit about a car length back then hit it at about 35 in 2nd and proceeded to not even let him pass me. Another hurting put on a bike. Im now 3/3 against bikes...but never any real ones ><
    Yeah um if you had a bus length on him by 35mph I don't think he was even trying. Even though harleys are more on the chopper side than sports bike side but they still aren't slow, they aren't fast but they aren't slow either. Oh and also chopper bikes sound like they are "roaring" even when they are only throttling at like 25% but eh he could have been racing cause there are different types of harleys with different power and you do have mods.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Yeah um if you had a bus length on him by 35mph I don't think he was even trying. Even though harleys are more on the chopper side than sports bike side but they still aren't slow, they aren't fast but they aren't slow either. Oh and also chopper bikes sound like they are "roaring" even when they are only throttling at like 25% but eh he could have been racing cause there are different types of harleys with different power and you do have mods.

C'mon, no stereo typing here. Not every harley rider likes loud pipes....ahh who am I kidding...the other 5% don't count.

I saw a HD Road Glide pull the front wheel off the ground at a drag strip. It wasn't even a little hop either, it was about 4-6 feet in the air. And for those that don't know. It's the one that has the huge ass fairing mounted to the frame, not the handle bars...

Most average bikes can do 0-60 in uner 6 seconds....so there's not much out there that a normal car can beat...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    C'mon, no stereo typing here. Not every harley rider likes loud pipes....ahh who am I kidding...the other 5% don't count.

I saw a HD Road Glide pull the front wheel off the ground at a drag strip. It wasn't even a little hop either, it was about 4-6 feet in the air. And for those that don't know. It's the one that has the huge ass fairing mounted to the frame, not the handle bars...

Most average bikes can do 0-60 in uner 6 seconds....so there's not much out there that a normal car can beat...
    a 6 second 0-60 is not gonna put up much of a fight

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by salem
    Look at the last line of his sig.
    Speaking of friedricer's sig, shorten that up a bit. We prefer them to be 5 lines or less. I'm pretty lenient about it, but 19 lines is way to long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper

Reread my post. I put about a bus length on him probably to around 90 or so, then slowed down to 35
    Last edited by Ceyvme; 06-07-2005 at 05:05 PM.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

a 6 second 0-60 is not gonna put up much of a fight
    I know most modern sport bikes can make 0-60 in about 3 seconds, and can't really do more without major mods because of the laws of physics.

I also know a 1450cc harley with 50hp and 70-80ft/lbs of tq can launch hard and fast for weighing 450lbs dry, just the bike. I figure most stock twin cruisers of average build and engine size can accomplish 4 seconds if done right. I mean hell, in the back of one of the bike mags, it list 1/4 mile stats and times for a lot of bikes. When you have some cruisers pulling 12-13 seconds, that'll give you a run for your money...for only being a cruiser.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV

I also know a 1450cc harley with 50hp and 70-80ft/lbs of tq can launch hard and fast for weighing 450lbs dry, just the bike. I figure most stock twin cruisers of average build and engine size can accomplish 4 seconds if done right. I mean hell, in the back of one of the bike mags, it list 1/4 mile stats and times for a lot of bikes. When you have some cruisers pulling 12-13 seconds, that'll give you a run for your money...for only being a cruiser.
    Harleys are ungodly heavy for bikes, can't rev, and make little power for the technology available today. Normally anything over 4500-5000rpm, and they are just making noise. The lightest modern Harley would be the 883cc sportster at 553lbs dry. And one of the heaviest being the 1450cc FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide full dresser at 788lbs dry. The 883 makes the most power at 4300rpms, and the Ultra classic makes it's peak at 3500rpm. A good portion of modern cars can dust them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast